Since I stepped away from the computer and unplugged on Thanksgiving, I didn’t get a chance to share what I’m thankful for this year with you guys and while I’m not planning on turning today’s Things I’m Loving Friday post into a long, mushy-gushy post, I would be remiss not to share at least one of the MAJOR things I’m thankful for which would be YOU. You and your continued readership and support of this blog mean more to me than I could possibly express in words and I wanted to take a moment to reiterate, yet again, how much I truly, truly appreciate each and every one of you. I love blogging and sharing this little light-hearted corner of the internet with you guys every day brings me so much joy. Thank you for reading and for your kindness. I am so very grateful for you!
Okay, I promised not to make this post totally mushy-gushy, so let’s get right into your regularly scheduled Friday post where we chat about things that make us smile each week. As always, please feel free to play along in the comments section!
Things I’m Loving Friday
- Thanksgiving with Family
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that 99 percent of you knew this would be on my list today! Amazing food + Amazing people… How could it not be!? Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law’s was wonderful and wonderfully delicious. We had such a wonderful afternoon with family and friends and spent hours at the table and outside playing cornhole after a big Thanksgiving lunch. It was wonderful and I’ll be sure to share more about our visit soon! (And yes, Ryan is participating in No Shave November.)
- Running with Ryan and Sadie
Right after we woke up yesterday, Ryan, Sadie and I went on a five-mile run together and I quickly remembered how much I love running with those two! Even though Ryan’s speed is about 10,000 times faster than mine and I have to ask him to slow down every mile or so (which I’m sure is so delightful for him), we chat the whole time and I just love being outside and doing something active with my little family. Plus, Sadie has a ball, which is always fun to watch!
I started buying this delicious veggie two weeks ago at Whole Foods and I can’t get enough of it! I simply toss it in olive oil and sprinkle it with seasoned salt or garlic salt and roast it. It’s simple to prepare and my go-to vegetable at the moment!
I shared this one on the PBF Facebook page last weekend, but it’s worth a share here, too, because it makes me laugh out loud every time! If you love dogs and their complete ridiculousness, you will love this!
- My Latest Stitch Fix
My latest Stitch Fix knocked it out of the park! I’ve never done a full Stitch Fix review on the blog where I break down a box I’ve received, but I love reading them on other blogs and pinning items I want to request in future fixes which I highly recommend doing because once I started doing this, I noticed that my stylists started getting a much better feel for my style and sending me better fixes. Anyway, I wanted to highlight my two favorite items from the fix I received on Tuesday morning: The Look By M Jackie Faire Isle Print Infinity Scarf and the Market & Spruce Chaplin Lined Hooded Anorak Jacket. (I couldn’t find the exact jacket online, but this one from Old Navy is similar and on super sale right now 50% off for Black Friday!) I loved both of them the moment I saw them in the box but once I tried on the jacket, I could tell the quality was great and knew I’d get a lot of wear out of the lightweight jacket. Instant keeper! The scarf is so cozy and warm and I know it will be a wintertime staple.
I love this blog post from my blogging buddy and registered dietitian, Anne! It includes a few of Anne’s favorite tips for “enjoying what the holiday season has to offer food and drink wise – without stressing yourself out, feeling guilty, or waking up with sugar or alcohol hangovers.”
…And it is hilarious.
- Black Friday Sales
As I’m sure you’re well aware, today is Black Friday which means there are some pretty stellar sales going on right now. You know I love a good deal, so I wanted to pass along some awesome sales of note:
- Old Navy: 50% off everything (I’ve loved their compression leggings for years and am eyeing this extra-long zip-up jacket!)
- Reebok: Reebok Skyscapes are only $29.99 with code BLACKFRIDAY. I LOVE these shoes and have them in pink and gray and bought my sister the pink pair as well. They feel like slippers!
- Athleta: 20% off with code FIT20 (The upside jacket is adorable!)
- GAP: 50% off site-wide with code BLKFRIDAY (So many cute puffer vests!!)
- ASOS: 30% off with code TGIBF
- Saks Off 5th: 40-50% off with code BLACKOUT through Nov. 30
- Express: 50% off of everything (Love this black and white sweater dress! And just FYI, Express actually makes some really cute/functional sports bras. I have this strappy one and love it.)
- Kate Spade Saturday: 30% off full price items through Dec. 1 with code DEALME
- J. Crew: 30% off select full-price styles and additional 40% off sale + free shipping
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything plus free shipping with code THANKS (My sister and I love their cozy pajama pants!)
- Anthropologie: 20% off everything with code HOLIDAY25
- Madewell: 25% off sitewide through Nov. 30 with code GIFTON
- Banana Republic: 50% off 1 full-priced item with code BRFIFTY + 40% off sitewide with code BRFORTY (I already bought this for 50% off for Ryan for Christmas… And I made him promise not to click that link!!)
- Sole Society: 30% off all footwear
- TOMS: 25% off with code CHEER (I’m eyeing these for a wintery look… and for some reason I’m also liking the camo classics, though I’m not sure I could wear them with many outfits!)
- Nike: Additional 25% off clearance items through Dec. 2. (Standouts: Dri-fit long-sleeve running top, Dri-fit pullover, Running capris)
Questions of the Day
- Share one thing you’re loving this week below!
- Tell me about one thing you are grateful for today!
Disclaimer: Things I’m Loving Friday is not a sponsored post and simply features things that make me smile every week! Affiliate links may be included and I always greatly appreciate your support. Thank you!!