Things I’m Loving Friday
Quick Trip to Orlando
Earlier this week Ryan and I surprised our big kids with a quick belated (Ryder)/early (Chase) birthday trip to Orlando highlighted by a day at a waterpark and had the best time! (We missed having Rhett with us but my parents volunteered to watch him for us so we didn’t have to worry about navigating his nap time.) Out of all the water parks in Orlando, we selected Aquatica after doing some researched because it seemed like the best option for younger kids. It was a slam dunk and Chase and Ryder were in heaven in the wave pool, racing rapids (imagine a super fast lazy river with no tubes) and the two kid splash pad areas. We managed to convince them to do one big tube ride with us, too!
We also visited Disney Springs for dinner before heading home and left saying another trip to Orlando to visit more parks has to happen in the future! We’re eyeing Disney’s Animal Kingdom next!
(Overalls: Pilcro via Anthropologie / Sandals: Sam Edelman and currently on sale through the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! / Jumbo Scrunchie: Target / Chase + Ryder’s Shoes: Natives / Rhett’s Shoes: Vans)
Yesterday morning my mom, sister and I took our boys and my nieces to Jacksonville’s Museum of Science and History (MOSH). I’ve been to the museum once in the past but it was for the Bodies exhibit before the boys were born so I was really looking forward to checking it out again! It was a slam dunk for our crew and we spent three hours at the museum which honestly shocked me! There were a bunch of interactive stations throughout the museum that kept our kids fully engaged along with a treehouse play area, touch tank, animatronic dinosaurs (so cool!), reptiles and birds. All of the kids in our group got something out of the museum though it did seem geared more toward our older children. This definitely won’t be our last visit to MOSH!
I’m majorly late to the Nordstrom Anniversary sale party but finally got a minute to actually sit down and shop the sale after the boys were in bed this week. I wanted to highlight a few things we already love in our house as well as a few items that popped out at me that are still in stock since the sale officially ends on Sunday!
- Sam Edelman Sandals (I bought these full-price at the beginning of the summer and love them!)
- Slip Silk Scrunchies (I’ve tried the knock-offs and they are NOT the same. These are the BEST ever and so soft and gentle on my hair. I use these to pull my hair back before bed every night.)
- Zella Packable Anorack (I ordered this one for hiking + outside fun with the kids. I sized down based on reviews.)
- Moonlight Pajamas (Forever highlighting these pajamas because they’re so comfy and especially wonderful for postpartum! Here’s the shorts version + the long version.)
- Sam Edelman Double Breasted Plaid Coat (So pretty!)
- Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan (Feels like a robe and the ultimate in comfortable loungewear that doesn’t look sloppy. I love mine so much!)
- Hanky Panky Thongs (I’ve been wearing these for over a decade.)
- BONOBOS Button Up (Ryan loves their slim fit shirts.)
- DL1961 Jeans (This brand of denim is one of Ryan’s favorites.)
- Tucker + Tate Mountain Crest Jacket (I bought this for Chase last year and it’s the perfect transitional jacket from fall to winter.)
- Tucker + Tate Moto Joggers (Another find I bought in multiple colors during last year’s sale. I’m all about comfy play clothes for the boys and think these are much cuter than basic sweats!)
- Petit Lem Organic Cotton Pajamas (For anyone with kids who love dinosaurs as much as our boys! Love the colors in this print.)
- Habitual Kids Sweatsuit (Sweetest little ruffle set for baby girls!)
- Petit Lem Organic Cotton Pajamas (Love this shade of pink and the teeny polka dots as well as this daisy print.)
BOYS + GIRLS
- The North Face Jackets (Great quality that holds up for hand-me-downs for multiple kids!)
- Adidas Sneakers (We’ve loved Adidas sneakers for the boys through the years and take advantage of this sale for savings!)
- Little Unicorn Muslin Wearable Blanket (Rhett still wears a sleepsack at night and I ordered one o these for him!)
Simple Summer Pasta Salad (I’m making this one to serve with dinner at Chase’s family birthday party tonight!)
10 Preschool Lunches (Because the school year will be here before we know it!)
Question of the Day
What is one thing you’re loving this week?