I love the inexpensive date ideas you guys added to my morning post.
Here are some more fun ones:
- Liz: “I’m surprising my boyfriend tonight with an indoor picnic, complete with food that I have a Groupon for!”
- Jill Bond: “Our local surf shop has cheap paddle board and kayak rentals. We stop at Whole Foods, pack a snack, put in a dry bag, and paddle to a quiet spot for dinner.”
- Kelsey: “One of my favorite date nights is when my husband and I do our own version of the Food Network show Chopped. I usually make the main dish and he takes the appetizer. We each pick 4 ingredients for the other person, then they can use anything at home. So fun!”
- Celina: “The weekends that we do get to spend alone together are normally spent working on our home or we spend them at local flea markets (Lafayette, LA). We love turning trash into treasure. I love our little hobby together! Plus, it’s tons of walking and we always enjoy lunch somewhere super cute.”
- Jamie: “Another thing we enjoy is just leashing up the dog, driving to a nearby town and just walking around and sharing a sweet treat from one of the little shops.”
- Melissa: “I think some great dates would be: fruit picking (i.e. apple, blueberry, strawberry, peach) and/or wine tasting!”
Workout + Lunch
Today’s workout was a good one! I headed to the gym for my favorite Wednesday morning boot camp class and made sure to warm up for a little bit on the elliptical before jumping around and sweating like crazy. Boot camp flew by and definitely got my heart rate up. That’s all I ask!
After boot camp, I quickly showered and then worked through the morning before it was time to head home for a late lunch.
I reheated leftovers from last night’s dinner which kept things simple. On the menu for today was a sweet potato paired with lean turkey, red pepper, onions, chopped bacon, salt, pepper and goat cheese.
The goat cheese melted into the dish and created a somewhat creamy sauce that added a lot of flavor to the meat and vegetables. Loved it!
And now it’s time for a giveaway that I think you guys will enjoy!
You Choose: Reebok Shoe Giveaway
As part of my on-going relationship with Reebok, I feel very fortunate to be able to try out different shoes that the company sends me to review on occasion. I know a bunch of you guys are in the market for new shoes, so this month I approached Reebok about hosting a giveaway that would allow one of you to select whatever pair of shoes you want from their website!
They were instantly game for my giveaway idea, so now it’s time for one of you to win a snazzy new pair of shoes!
Here are some of my personal favorites:
- Nanos (And yes, this giveaway does include the new Nano 3.0s!)
I wear Nanos on days when I know I’ll be doing functional workouts. Avid Cross-Fitters seem to love these shoes and though I don’t do CrossFit, I still love the Nanos because they make me feel a lot more stable when I do certain exercises like lunges, squats or box jumps! I love the way the shoe doesn’t have a lot of cushioning and since the midsole material is a flattened platform, it’s thinner which allows my foot to lay flatter and closer to the ground. If you’ve only ever done functional workouts like CrossFit in traditional running shoes, I’d definitely try a pair of Nanos!
These shoes actually remind me a little bit of the Nanos, but with a little more structural support and cushioning. I love them for boot camp workouts!
These are the newest shoes in my collection and I’ve been wearing them to work nearly every day (as I’m sure you can tell from their well-worn look in the above picture). They’re more cushioned than some of the other Reebok shoes out there and feel comfortable even after hours on my feet. I wear them when I teach certain group exercise classes or during my own workouts that include light running or cardio.
I’ve been wearing my RealFlex Fusions for almost a year now and love the lightweight, supportive feel of the shoe. They’re another shoe I love for workouts that include a lot of variety and some running and plyometric exercises like speed skaters.
Of course if another shoe strikes your fancy on the Reebok website, you can choose a pair that isn’t currently on my radar! It’s totally up to you! (Dancers and Zumba lovers may want to check out the dance shoes on the Reebok website. I cannot pull off the high tops, but if you can, do your thang!)
To enter this giveaway, please leave a comment below, telling me which pair of Reebok shoes you would choose if you won the giveaway. I will randomly select a winner on Friday.
Please note that shoe selection is subject to availability.