Kinda Like Starbucks

Sadie says, “Happy Friday!”

"Hi Guys!"

I love my dog. She makes me happy. :)

Workout

As tempted as I was to take a BodyPump class this morning, I stuck with my guns and did my own total-body weights routine. My muscles need some shockin’ since I’ve been in the same routine for a while now.

After a quick 25-minute warm up on the elliptical, I hit the weight room for the following workout:

Total Body Weights

Those step ups got my heart pounding!

After the gym, I took Sadie on a quick walk before making a yummy breakfast smoothie.

I love Starbucks Frappuccinos and was determined to create my own this morning.

I made myself a banana mocha frappuccino by blending the following:

Instant Coffee

Blended

Banana Mocha Frappuccino

The mix was thick and creamy and had a nice little kick to it from the instant coffee.

After filling up my tumbler to the brim, I still had quite a bit leftover and tilted the ol’ blender back to get the rest.

Filled Up

To the Brim

Chug, Chug

Yummmmmy

My mock-Frappuccino was quite tasty and had a lot more protein than the Starbucks version to keep me full until snacktime. Score!

Do you like coffee drinks? Any favorites?

My favorite coffee drink is the Starbucks light mocha Frappuccino or the light pumpkin spice Frappuccino (which I reviewed here). Both are phenomenal!

Comments

I love the white chocolate mocha lattes at Starbucks. Yes, they are a dessert in a cup. And delicious. But I can usually only get through half of a small one because they’re sooooo rich! Any more and my stomach will rebel.

Awww, happy Friday Sadie!! :-)

I love vanilla soy lattes, but I have to curb my enthusiasm for them because of cost (and sugar!). I’d drink one every day if I could!

3. MelissaNibbles says

I love Starbucks coffee, but none of their fancy drinks. I just like plain ole coffee.

I always feel like Sadie is judging me from her side of the computer. I don’t think the likes my earrings today :(

That sounds great!! I love the light espresso and light caramel frappucinos… but i’m definitely going to try out your recipe! I made an attempt before but it was a bit sad – I think the xanthan gum will help to thicken it up a bit. thanks! :)

I LOVE coffee fraps!!! I make my own with 1 cup coffee (brewed and chilled the night before), 1 scoop choc protein powder, 1 frozen banana, and a tsp cacoa powder. YUM!

Have a great weekend!!!

xx,

Laur

coffee drinks are kind of hit or miss…i’ve found that my favorites are typically at small chains rather than at starbucks :)

i found myself saying “orange mocha frappuccino!!!” like they do in zoolander when i read this :)

7. Dee says

Oh gosh! I never even thought to create my own frappe. What an ingenious idea! :D

My favorite frappe from Starbucks is the caramel frappe, followed by the white choco mocha frappe. YUMS!

Your smoothies always look so good! Every time I make mine they never taste right! What kind of protein powder do you use? And is there anywhere I can buy xanthan gum, like a retailer, or can you only get it online?

Thanks!!

• peanutbutterfingers says

hi jem! i buy all the whey protein powder (it’s really delicious & i’m very picky!). i buy it online at nutraplanet.com. i found the xanthan gum at my normal grocery store in a section w/ a lot of gluten-free and organic products. i’m pretty sure whole foods sells it too. hope this helps!

9. Brittany says

Thanks for the recipe! I also make my own frappaccino with my protein powder. They have a new “soy iced latte” that you can buy at grocery store. Made by silk. I add 1/2 cup to the blender with frozen banana, scoop of chocolate protein mix, about 2 tbsp peanut butter, & 5 ice cubes. Also add 1/4 cup vanilla soy and some water. DELICIOUS.

Also, can freeze left over coffee in ice cube trays and use those for ur “ice” in your smoothie/shake!

i love this recipe turned out really good though instead of using chocolate protein powder i used 1 tsp cocao and visalus, and didnt use xanthan gum as could not find that where i live and did not require it really