Lunch today was an apple and Muenster cheese quesadilla, served on a whole-wheat tortilla and warmed up in the microwave in the breakroom at my work.
On the side I enjoyed a freshly-sliced green pepper for some added nutrients.
Yay for green!
On to the wedding talk…
Warning: Wedding talk may dominate the blog for the next 10 days.
Things I Want to Remember on My Wedding Day
Last night as Ryan and I were driving to game night at my friend Laurel’s apartment, I turned to him and told him about a mini revelation I had on my run on Tuesday morning.
I feel like I’ve been so wrapped up in the wedding and all of the little details like the menus, programs and bridesmaid gifts that I was almost overlooking the whole point of the wedding… Our marriage!
It seems like there are so many last-minute details that come along with planning a wedding that it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the big day. My mini revelation made me realize how important it is for me to remember why we’re having a wedding.
This thought really helped me put things into perspective. No matter what happens on our wedding day, it will be perfect because of the reason for the day.
Ever since we got engaged, I told Ryan that the part of our wedding day I am most looking forward is our ceremony and our vows.
Of course I cannot wait to see my friends and family and party the night away, but thinking about holding Ryan’s hands and committing ourselves to each other forever deeply moves me. Ryan and I have put a lot of effort into making our ceremony our own and I cannot wait to see our work come to fruition and hear our pastor read the loving words we’ve selected aloud.
Since I am a planner and a list-maker my nature, I decided to make a list of moments I really want to focus on during our wedding day:
- Getting ready with my bridesmaids: Since many of my best friends live hundreds of miles away, I cannot wait to spend quality time with my friends who have made such a deep impact on my heart.
- Putting my dress on with my mom: One of my favorite things about my wedding dress is how much I think it looks like a modern-day version of my mother’s dress. My mom has been with me every step of the way during the whole wedding-planning process (and my life!), and I know watching her zip me in will be an emotional and moving moment.
- Walking down the aisle with my dad: I think my dad may be the person who is most excited for our wedding, but he is also the person I think will be the most emotional. I want to be sure to treasure the walk down the aisle with him.
- Seeing Ryan for the first time: I get goosebumps just typing this!
- Saying our vows: I know marriage sounds so romantic, but I am also looking at our marriage as a decision and a commitment. I want to truly feel the vows I say and recognize their importance and realize how lucky I am to be committing myself to such an amazing man.
- Celebrating with Ryan’s family: I feel very lucky to be marrying into such a warm and welcoming family and am excited to celebrate the merging of two groups of people I love very much.
- Listening to my sister’s speech as maid of honor: I know whatever my sister says will be perfect. She has a way of conveying such sincerity and loving emotion whenever she speaks and I cannot wait to hear her toast.
- Listening to the toasts from Ryan’s best men: Ryan has two wonderful best men with totally different personalities and I cannot wait to hear what they have to say!
- My first dance with my dad: Grab a Kleenex!
- Dancing and partying with friends: Ryan and I are so lucky to have so many of our friends coming in from out of town to celebrate our big day. I know our friends will be the life of our wedding and I cannot wait to party it up with friends from elementary school, high school and college.
- Visiting with family: I cannot wait to catch up with family I haven’t seen in a long time and give BIG hugs to my grandma, aunts and uncles!
I know this post was beyond wordy, but I wanted to get all of my thoughts down so I can really concentrate on taking it all in on the big day. I also know that in all my words I am surely leaving something important out!
And that’s where you come in…
I would LOVE input and advice from you guys about moments I should be sure to take time to cherish on our wedding day.
Feel free to share memories from your wedding or weddings you’ve attended that particularly moved you.