The Hunger Games + Lazy Girl Workout

Last night Ryan and I fell off the face of the earth and into the pages of The Hunger Games. nyd 018Though I may have doubted your recommendations at first, you guys got this one right. What a riveting read!

I felt like there wasn’t one part of the book that dragged. Though Ryan and I did find it a bit predictable at times, it was suspenseful, creative, thought-provoking and exciting to read.

I don’t want to get too much into the plot since I know some of you are planning on reading this book, but I will say that Ryan and I both enjoyed the book and can’t wait to read the next two books in the series.

And now I just have to share something hilarious that happened last night as we were reading The Hunger Games.

R-Rated Warning! Skip to “Workout” if you’re averse to sexy talk.

Ryan had the best reading aloud line flub of all time. As you know, we take turns reading different chapters aloud to each other, and Ryan read this line… “Peeta was warm beside me,” like this… “Peeta was warm inside me.”

I perched up on my elbows in bed, and said “What!?”

When he realized what he said we could not stop laughing! Now that would’ve been an interesting turn of events!

Workout

This morning Ryan and I woke up and laced up our sneakers to head to the gym. The minute we walked inside, I really didn’t feel like workout out. At all.

I went to the cardio room, starred at the machines, and headed upstairs to the loft and considered doing a plyometric workout.

Nothing really appealed to me, so I hopped on a treadmill and told myself I could just walk on an incline and chill out.

Once I got going, my workout mojo picked up a bit and I ended up completing this awesome 40-minute workout:

workoutI highly recommend trying out this workout on a day when you’re just not feelin’ the gym. The alternation of incline walking with running in the beginning picks up the pace of the workout gradually. By the time the faster running occurs, you’re warmed up and in the mood for some sweatin’!

Since Ryan’s workout took a little longer, I also completed 10 minutes of easy cardio on the elliptical while waiting for him to finish.

After our respective workouts, we headed home for breakfast.

Breakfast came together into a flash thanks to smoked salmon and my new favorite cream cheese.smoked salmon 030 I topped a toasted whole wheat bagel thin with the creamy spinach artichoke cheese and the salty smoked salmon. smoked salmon 071 smoked salmon 073 Sadie just about passed out when I gave her a chunk of smoked salmon to eat. She was like a rabid dog, she loved it so much.smoked salmon 077 smoked salmon 079I actually got this smoked salmon from a holiday gift basket delivered to my bosses at work. Apparently no one wanted it, so I scooped it up! I love smoked salmon but never buy it because it’s ridiculously expensive. What a nice treat this morning!

Now it’s time to shower, get dressed and entertain the pup. We’re debating over a trip to the dog park or to the farmer’s market with Sadie.

Only time will tell!

Comments

HAHA at least ya’ll weren’t reading aloud to a group of teens ;) they would’ve never let you live that one down. Glad you’re enjoying the book :)

Mmm smoked salmon is SO good! It’s very expensive, but so worth it…I would’ve nabbed it too! :) Enjoy your day!

Haha! I can just imagine the giggles. I know Peter & I wouldn’t be able to stop laughing either. I remember I made some faux pas like that when we were reading our marriage devotional for our pre-marital counseling together. We almost cracked up when we got to that topic in the required sessions with our pastor.

Hahaha! That is hilarious! Now that will be a inside joke with the two of you forever! I love when litle things like that happen and you can have jokes just between the two of you. So cute! Enjoy your Saturday!

4. Lauren says

I’m so jealous on the smoked salmon…I’m the only one in my house that loves it so I don’t buy it. I only get it when we actually go out for breakfast on vacations.

Thanks for posting your opinion of the book. One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to read a book a month. I actually already read one this month and am looking for my next read! :)

I love “flubs” when reading or talking aloud. Makes things a little more interesting, ya know?! Glad you enjoyed the Hunger Games. I’m still waiting to get my hands on the third one!

LOL! First off, I am definitely trying that treadmill work out. Secondly, that breakfast sandwich looks absolutely delish. Thirdly, I am madly in love with peanut butter so I had to read your blog! Good thing I did :)

“Sadie ate it like a rabid dog”… Oh my goodness, I can totally relate!

We took Happy to the dog park today to celebrate one of the neighbor pup’s 1st birthday, and when we got there, one of the girls handed out doggie-cupcakes for all of the dogs to eat. Well, I think they were a bit frozen (it was like 35degrees outside) so when I unwrapped it and gave it to Happy, she nearly choked on the thing because she didn’t want to take the time to bite it into pieces. I kid you not, she nearly swallowed the entire cupcake whole before I could get it back out of her mouth! I literally thought she was going to choke. I had to break it into pieces for her myself so she wouldn’t try to swallow it whole again.

I swear, this dog acts like she’s never seen food every time she’s fed! My guess it’s from all the competition at the shelter. Just had to share!

There’s a CNBC special called the facebook obsession thats been playing. I just watched it tonight, and it was good. It went a little into the untold part of the story, and it also talked about the future of facebook. It was crazy. You should watch it sometime if you see it on!

I’ve been curious about Hunger Games – I think I’m going to add it to my must-read list or maybe when it’s my turn to choose a book for the book club I’m in, I’ll select that one! Sounds like a page turner.

11. Skylar says

I did this workout today on the treadmill. SUPER sweaty = ‘s super awesome! I love these incline/interval workouts. Keep them posted!! Thanks!

12. kellye says

My friend and I did this workout today on the treadmill and it was killer! We pin your workouts onto pinterest and then take pictures of them on our phones so we have them… I went back on your blog to read about it after we did it and I thought it was hilarious you titled it 40 min lazy girl workout!! Love your intervals though thanks so much!

Wow – I go to the gym 2-3x per week and run/walk 2 miles (sometimes more)…after reading that this is called the “lazy girl workout” I guess mine is the super duper lazy girl workout as I do my walking at 4.0 and run at 5.2 or slightly higher. Even when I’m in a good routine, I simply have not gotten to a point where I have the stamina or wearwithall to run much faster for longer periods of time. :( Oh well…despite my super duper lazy girl workout, I finish very sweaty & feeling like I got a great workout and the lbs are melting off.

14. Christine Duval says

Now I feel really horrible. LOL!! I read your plan for when you don’t feel like working out. Honey, I can’t go past 3.2 speed. LOL!!

I told myself when I start to go to the gym, I have to pretend it’s a part time job. I go M-F. However, I need to do something for weekend. Gym is by my work.

I need to read more of your blog because you inspire me.
    Christine