Celebrating Seven Years

Sooo, it’s February! How about that!? It’s hard to believe the first month of the new year is officially over. It has been a fun one!

Some highlights:

January recipe highlights:

And now it’s time to dive head-first into February.

February = Love Month

This month is loooove month for me and Ryan.

Today is actually the seven-year anniversary of our very first date!

Last year I shared six fun facts about us in honor of our six year anniversary, so I figured I’d keep the tradition alive and share seven fun facts this year…

Here we go!

• I always say that Ryan “wooed” me. In a world where more and more guys seem to think texting is an appropriate way to ask a girl out, I was seriously impressed when Ryan called me to ask me out on a real date when we’d only ever seen each other one time before. He impressed me ten times over when he put the effort into planning dates and “courting” me. What can I say? I’m an old fashioned girl at heart! :D

Pottery Painting Date (2006)

• When I asked Ryan whether or not we would be celebrating our dating anniversary now that we’re married, he said “YES! I’m not losing seven years!”

Wedding Day!

• We never call each other by our real names when we talk to each other. The only time I actually call him “Ryan” is when I’m trying to find him in a store or other crowded place.
  • Whenever we try to hug around Sadie, she throws herself between us because she has to be part of any group hug. We sing the obnoxious song “Three is a Magic Number” whenever this occurs.
  • Neither of us want to remain in Orlando forever. We love it here, have great friends in the area, our families live within driving distance and we are never bored, but for some reason we both have the “itch” to move out of Central Florida before we start a family. Of course jobs and other factors may influence this decision quite a bit.
  • Ryan and I always revisit the place of our first date, The Cheesecake Factory, on our anniversary. Unfortunately I’ve ended up throwing up in the bathroom on the evening of our anniversary twice. I will no longer order salmon from The Cheesecake Factory.

And now, before signing off, here’s lunch!

Lunch

Tuesday Lunch

Egg salad served on a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a side of yellow pepper slices!

To make the egg salad I combined the following:

• 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
  • 1 hard-boiled egg white, chopped
  • 1 tbsp. light Miracle Whip
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 1/2 tbsp. mustard
  • 1 tbsp. sweet relish
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika

Egg Salad

I had too much egg salad to fit onto the English muffin completely, so I ate most of it out of a small Tupperware container with a fork. Fantastic and fantastically smelly! :)

Eggy!

Back to work. This day has been draaaagging… I think it’s because I’m anxious to bust outta here and go on our hot anniversary date tonight!

(Update: The new Fashion page should be up tonight!!!)

Comments

What a fun post. I really enjoyed your “7 things about us” portion. It’s always sweet to get a glimpse into other people’s relationships, especially when they’re as sweet as yours.

Hope you have a fun time on your anniversary date tonight! The white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake is my FAVE. Ever tried it?

2. McKenzie says

Congrats!! Sadie sounds a lot like my dog, Kolby. She is constantly jumping up when my husband and I hug, she has to be the center of attention! :)

3. Caroline says

Happy anniversary! That tip about Sadie and hugs is adorable. My puppy goes crazy when my husband and I hug. I can’t tell whether he thinks it’s play time or whether he wants to join on, but he starts jumping up our legs… it’s pretty amusing!

Hey Julie! If I emailed you about something important do you think you could reply tonight or by the latest tommorow? I would truly appreciate it and no homework involved! ;) haha

5. ashley@quasichick says

Happy 7 years, such a cute pic of you two painting pottery…you were/are just as gorgeous as ever! Poor you for throwing up the salmond…BOO

happy dating anniversary! that’s just like my friend she said “i’m still celebrating our dating anniversary because i don’t want to throw out all those years before we got married!”

hope you have a great date night :)

I like reading about the fun facts.

Me and my fiance are the same with our names to each other, we only call each other our real names when we are trying to find each in a store or other crowded place too. It actually sounds weird to hear him call me “Lea”, because I’m so use to saying hunny :)

8. Kelly says

You know what’s kinda crazy? Today is my anniversary with my boyfriend too..of 7 years! We were probably on a date with our respective boyfriends at the exact same time…weird!! Happy anniversary to you!

9. Kate says

Oh my gosh, you are not alone! I get sick on Cheesecake Factory salmon as well!! I think it’s because it’s too rich.
    New to your blog and love it! Enjoy Orlando, I’m listening to a blizzard roaring outside my windows.

Ohmygosh! Sorry, I know I don’t know you guys but the link with the shaggy hair made me laugh out loud because he looks like a “surfer duuude” and so different from now!

11. Ashley says

How sweet! All your wedding pictures are stunning! I just got married in November…isn’t it great?? Congrats and I hope you have a fabulous time on your date!

Happy Anniversary! My husband and I celebrate both our wedding anniversary (10/8) and our dating anniversary (1/1) every year. We just celebrated eight years of dating on 1/1 and will have been married for five years come this October :)

Just found your website and am loving it!
    Love the personal touches, really into the recipes and workouts!!
    I’m on a 2 week shape up and am using your site for ideas and inspiration!
    Thanks!!!