- New Year’s Party
- Weikwa Springs Hike
- Awesome Blogger Meet Up Dinner
- I Fell 300 Feet
- Sadie Turned Three (and faced another epic battle!)
- Ryan’s Second Guest Post
- Fun Night Out in Downtown Orlando
January recipe highlights:
- Sugar ‘n’ Spice Pork
- Crock Pot Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
- Salmon with Raspberry Glaze
- High Protein Chocolate Granola
And now it’s time to dive head-first into February.
February = Love Month
This month is loooove month for me and Ryan.
Today is actually the seven-year anniversary of our very first date!
Last year I shared six fun facts about us in honor of our six year anniversary, so I figured I’d keep the tradition alive and share seven fun facts this year…
Here we go!
- I always say that Ryan “wooed” me. In a world where more and more guys seem to think texting is an appropriate way to ask a girl out, I was seriously impressed when Ryan called me to ask me out on a real date when we’d only ever seen each other one time before. He impressed me ten times over when he put the effort into planning dates and “courting” me. What can I say? I’m an old fashioned girl at heart! 😀
- When Ryan and I met he had shaggy blonde hair. People said we looked alike. It was weird.
- When I asked Ryan whether or not we would be celebrating our dating anniversary now that we’re married, he said “YES! I’m not losing seven years!”
- We never call each other by our real names when we talk to each other. The only time I actually call him “Ryan” is when I’m trying to find him in a store or other crowded place.
- Whenever we try to hug around Sadie, she throws herself between us because she has to be part of any group hug. We sing the obnoxious song “Three is a Magic Number” whenever this occurs.
- Neither of us want to remain in Orlando forever. We love it here, have great friends in the area, our families live within driving distance and we are never bored, but for some reason we both have the “itch” to move out of Central Florida before we start a family. Of course jobs and other factors may influence this decision quite a bit.
- Ryan and I always revisit the place of our first date, The Cheesecake Factory, on our anniversary. Unfortunately I’ve ended up throwing up in the bathroom on the evening of our anniversary twice. I will no longer order salmon from The Cheesecake Factory.
And now, before signing off, here’s lunch!
Egg salad served on a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a side of yellow pepper slices!
To make the egg salad I combined the following:
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg white, chopped
- 1 tbsp. light Miracle Whip
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. sweet relish
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
I had too much egg salad to fit onto the English muffin completely, so I ate most of it out of a small Tupperware container with a fork. Fantastic and fantastically smelly! 🙂
Back to work. This day has been draaaagging… I think it’s because I’m anxious to bust outta here and go on our hot anniversary date tonight!
(Update: The new Fashion page should be up tonight!!!)