When I got the okay from my friend Leah to share her Aunt Chris’ recipe for peanut butter protein bars, I couldn’t wait to post it on the blog! I hope you love these bars as much as I do.
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 c. bran flakes (Raisin Bran works really well!)
- 1/3 c. ground flaxseeds (optional)
- 1 c. chopped Craisins
- Put honey in a large pot on medium heat. Add sugar and stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble. Add cinnamon and stir until dissolved.
- Stir peanut butter into the honey mixture until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in bran flakes, flax and Craisins.
- Press firmly into an 8X8 pan lined with foil that overlays ends. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Notes: This recipe also freezes well, so you can make a big batch and freeze squares to enjoy in the future. Additionally, you may substitute 1 c. granola + 4 c. bran flakes for the 5 c. bran flakes. Protein powder may also be added to this recipe for an extra protein punch.
(P.S. The Fashion page was updated this afternoon!)