Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Nothing makes me happier than sharing a delicious peanut buttery recipe with you guys! With a blog name like Peanut Butter Fingers, it makes me feel like I am doing my job when I can share the peanut butter love with you through amazing treats.

When I got the okay from my friend Leah to share her Aunt Chris’ recipe for peanut butter protein bars, I couldn’t wait to post it on the blog! I hope you love these bars as much as I do.

The great news about these peanut butter protein bars is that the ingredient list is simple. They’re not only full of protein, but, for a sweet treat, they’re relatively healthy as well!

Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Ingredients:

• 1/3 c. honey
  • 1/3 c. dark brown sugar
  • 1 c. creamy peanut butter
  • Ā½ c. crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 5 c. bran flakes (Raisin Bran works really well!)
  • 1/3 c. ground flaxseeds (optional)
  • 1 c. chopped Craisins

Directions:

• Put honey in a large pot on medium heat. Add sugar and stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble. Add cinnamon and stir until dissolved.
  • Stir peanut butter into the honey mixture until smooth.
  • Remove from heat and stir in bran flakes, flax and Craisins.
  • Press firmly into an 8X8 pan lined with foil that overlays ends. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
  • Cut into squares and enjoy!

Notes: This recipe also freezes well, so you can make a big batch and freeze squares to enjoy in the future. Additionally, you may substitute 1 c. granola + 4 c. bran flakes for the 5 c. bran flakes. Protein powder may also be added to this recipe for an extra protein punch.

Enjoy!!!

(P.S. The Fashion page was updated this afternoon!)

Comments

I love the noodle bowl! It looks so good! I’m on a spinach kick lately. I am definitely making noodles with spinach for dinner tonight. Yum!

Those bars look so good! I am definitely saving this recipe to make them! šŸ™‚ Thanks for posting!

2. Melissa says

These look tasty! Unfortunately I’m gluten-intolerant… I wonder what GF cereal would work to replace the Raisin Bran?

Mmm! I have to say, when you first mentioned these I was hesitant. I thought there was going to be protein powder in them – and I am very particular when it comes pro. powder. These look fabulous – definitely making them soon! šŸ™‚

4. Sarah @ healthy girl running says

Those look delicious! I can’t wait to try out the recipe! Thanks for sharing! šŸ™‚

5. Jessica says

I literally said, “Ohhh deearrr” out loud at work when I read the recipe..haha. My student assistant heard me and wanted to know if I was looking at a picture of Ryan Reynolds (yea, I’ve been guilty of “oh dear”-ing when looking at his pics). I said to her, “Even better. It is peanut butter protein bars”.

Thanks for sharing and thanks Leah for allowing Julie to post the recipe! And of course, thank you Aunt Chris for being awesome and making these!!!

I cannot wait to try them!

Just wanted to let you know that I passed the Stylish Blogger Award on to you. I’m pretty sure you have received it before but wanted to recognize you on my page and send some more people your way! šŸ™‚

Thank you for the recipe! I am in love with everything peanut butter too. These sound delicious and I am going to make them for myself and my husband tonight!

8. Ewa says

Hey Julie, I have been following your blog for a while. Just want to say thank you for that post. I’ve decided to challenge myself and go 40 days without chocolate and booze;-) Challenge comes handy now when i am training for my third marathon in June and trying to get speedy this time. Let’s just say my beloved wine was not helping me!
    I feel like giving up on sweets is easier than wine!
    So far I went to the store and got plenty of cashew and almond butter. somehow that satisfies my cravings!;-) Good luck to you on your challenge!

That recipe looks fantastic!!! I may try to make it this weekend — my life is so much easier when I can just throw a bar in my lunchbox as opposed to draining, mixing and flavoring a can of tuna. Thank you!!!

10. Amber Mitchell says

Let me first warn you this is VERY random! I just stopped off at my favorite organic place”Flat Belly” and they had raw energy bars they are made with fresh lemon, dates, raisin and rolled in chia seeds and alivered almonds. I though Julie would love this I gotta try well, they are delish! I’m gonna sweet talk the chef and try to nab the recipe for ya!

I bought some carba nada noodles recently! I cant wait to try them!! I want to give up sweets sooo bad for lent but I’m going to Key West for 5 days and I just dont see it happening there. I have to try out their desserts!

Yessssssssss thank you for the recipe!!!! But… since it calls for added sugar… don’t these count as sweets?! Did you already break Lent?! I’m assuming you didn’t have any and you’re just sharing the recipe…

13. Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill says

These sound tasty! I’ll have to put them on my “to bake” list! I wonder if any kind of Kashi cereal could be used in this recipe for even more added protein?

14. Ashley says

I had asked if you considered these sweets before I realized you already answered YES to someone else!

I also wanted to tell you I was inspired by you to try making a protein pancake! I have been tweeking one of the “tone it up girls” recipes for the last week and I finally have perfected it for my taste buds! I wanted to thank you because if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have ever gone about this! SOOO YUMMY! I can’t wait for breakfast tomorrow.

15. Novedex says

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your web site in internet explorer, would check this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a good part of other folks will omit your excellent writing because of this problem.

made these last night and they are amazing! I left the brown sugar out and they are still delicious! Now I just have to try not to eat them all in one day, thanks for the great recipe šŸ™‚

17. Meredith says

I need to quickly lose this recipe! These bars are amazing!!!! I have literally pigged out on these for 3 days straight. Thank you for sharing this recipe- it is great! I will need to remind myself to only make them occasionally šŸ™‚

18. Marina says

just did the peanut butter protein bars…can not wait to try them, good option for muscle recovery and maintenance!!!

19. Marina says

peanut butter protein bars- just did this great recipe- can not wait to try them…I think this a perfect option for muscle maintenance and recovery….just I need to remind myself not to indulge on them:) I an split the Bran flakes portion – half flakes and Oat mill flakes, will see:)Thank u:)

20. Rebecca says

Just made these and altered the recipe a little:
    Used maple syrup instead of honey
    Used natures path organic flax maple crunch cereal

They are delicious!
    Couldn’t wait the few hrs to cut them so just rolled a little into 1″ balls….so good!