Soy Glazed Salmon

It is just as I suspected.

soy glazed salmon healthy 019

Moving bites the big one. I hate packing for a vacation, let alone a full-blown move. Bleh!

Ryan and I spent a few hours cleaning and boxing before we realized we were going to need more boxes.

soy glazed salmon healthy 020

We took an early evening trip back over to our friend’s shop to gather more boxes and took a sweet detour.

A very sweet detour! Open-mouthed smile

First I convinced Ryan to stop for fro yo…

soy glazed salmon healthy 001

And then he convinced me to split a McDonald’s arctic orange milkshake with him.

soy glazed salmon healthy 002

We’re two peas in a pod when it comes to our love for ice cream and frozen yogurt.

Fortunately our sweet treats didn’t derail our appetites too much and we still had room for dinner.

Dinner

Tonight we enjoyed soy glazed sockeye salmon with a side of corn on the cob.

soy glazed salmon healthy 009

Soy Glazed Salmon

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. salmon filet
  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds

Directions:

• Combine brown sugar, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar
  • Place salmon filet into a freezer bag and pour soy sauce mixture over fish
  • Let salmon marinate for 15 minutes
  • Turn oven onto broil
  • Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
  • Remove salmon from bag and place on top of foil
  • Broil for approximately 10 – 15 minutes, until fish is thoroughly cooked and flakes with a fork
  • Garnish with chia seeds and enjoy

soy glazed salmon healthy 005

soy glazed salmon healthy 008

Something about corn on the cob just screams summer! Both Ryan and I cleared our plates.

And now it’s time to clear my head. Off to relax for the rest of the night. Tomorrow will be our final day of packing and organizing and on Thursday, we’re movin’!

Comments

1. Kristine @ Running on Hungry says

That salmon looks sooo good! I love cooking salmon with soy sauce. Next time add some fresh chopped ginger to the marinade – gives it a little bit of sweetness and tastes great!

2. Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission says

Packing is definitely a biatch. Your froyo pics always make me so jealous that there isn’t a decent froyo place anywhere near me!

The salmon looks great! I’ve never even thought about adding chia seeds to a dinner.

3. Girl In The Pink says

haha wow, what a sugar rush! I love fro yo too! I wish my husband liked it!! He is not into sweets, so crazy?!

Yogurtland is the best! It’s only a little bit pathetic that I recognized the spoon.
    I swear I’m addicted to that stuff. Why does it have to be 10 minutes away from my house and a short walk from my dorm? I have it all day everyday.

Plus sorry about the packing. That’s no fun at all.

Ah- I am so jealous of how frequently you get froyo! I live in a suburb of NYC in Connecticut, and the froyo places around here are SO expensive. Out of curiosity, how much do you usually spend? If you get a decent sized froyo around here you’ll end up spending upwards of 6-7 dollars. If you get a small amount, maybe 4-5. But of course, when I get froyo, I have to go all out!

The one thing that makes me jealous of your move (besides you living in Florida!) is that you get to sort through things and start out clean and fresh! Oh what I would do to get my house all sorted out. haha

7. Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn says

Omg. Sockeye salmon is actually the best. Soooo good. Girl you are just putting chia seeds on ERRTHANG! I love it! Mwah oxox

8. Katherina @ Zephyr Runs says

Now I want salmon. My I’m-too-lazy-to-make-dinner-how-bout-a-smoothie decision is backfiring.

Ughhh moving! I’ve been moving into a new apartment since the beginning of July! I thought having a month to move in before my wedding would be a good thing, but I think I’m dragging my feet even more because of the extra time!

10. Shayla @ The Good Life says

Wow I wish my hubby had the same intense sweet tooth as yours…unfortunately mine just can’t get on the fro yo bandwagon with me…although at least he shares a love for some good wine with me 😉

11. Amanda P says

Good luck with moving! I’m moving to a bigger apartment tomorrow and its is so overwhelming! I can’t beleive how much stuff I have.

12. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

Good call on getting fro yo (and a McD Shake — yum!) after packing for a while. If you ever need more boxes, you should stop by a liquor store. We’ve always gotten moving boxes from them and they have always been more than willing to share. Plus they are really sturdy which is nice.

I hate packing, all forms of packing actually. I just talked about how I am putting off packing for my trip (I can’t stand packing even if its for a vacay) in my blog!
    Dinner looks amazing though, and frozen yogurt is always good!

Moving is the worst! I moved three times within a three-month period right before and after our wedding in October. Oh, and we moved again in February, and again in April! But now we own a house so hopefully the moving is over for a while!

We’re moving Thursday, too! Thus, I feel your pain. Today (after already working 6:30am-3:00pm) I came home, got so overwhelmed with packing that I just laid down on the floor and closed my eyes for a few minutes. That’s grown up… 😉

Also, we live in Jacksonville, so if you ever want to head over for a day of fun let me know! Good luck with the move to Ocala!

If you discover any way to making packing less of a chore, please share. I’ve tried multiple ways and I just end up with half filled boxes all over the floor and bags of everything else, because that’s easier. I think I’m having a panic attack over my packing to-dos!

That recipe sounds amazing! I’m always looking for new fun ways to cook and marinate my salmon. If you haven’t already, you should try glazing salmon with rasberry chipotle sauce. It’s unbelievably amazing! 🙂 Hope the moving process goes well! XO

18. Yolie @ Practising Wellness says

Have you ever tried corn on the cob raw? it is so sweet, creamy and crispy! Seriously…so so good 🙂 And saves on prep time and dish washing, which is always a plus, lol! 😉

You salmon looksyummy…I would bever ever have thought of putting chia seeds on salmon. So cool!

When did you start eating chia? You seem to be a chia queen, always using them. 😉 Which is awesome, because I’ve hopped on the chia train too now, thanks to you! 🙂

Best of luck with ze packing! Sucks, but necessary 😛 xyx

19. aligator says

Good luck with the move Julie and Ryan!! I’ve moved about 4-5 times in the last two years and am set to move again at the end of the summer, so I understand your frustration about packing!!! But I hope everything works out and goes smoothly! 🙂

Mmmmm I’m new to the world of fish and always looking for ways to make it seem more inspired/flavorful. This looks delish!!

Also, best of luck today/tomorrow! I’m sure you’ll be super busy and annoyed, but all worth it to leave those unwelcome roomie-mice!

21. Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) says

I agree that packing and moving is horrible! I moved over 2 months ago, and I still have boxes to unpack!

You deserved a sweet treat after all of that work 🙂

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i’m glad to
    exhibit that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I most for sure will make certain to don?t put out of your mind this web site and give it a look on a relentless basis.