Salmon Recipe Roundup

Now that November is in full swing, it’s time for the November Recipe Roundup! Recipe roundups are a feature I started on the blog two months ago to showcase past PBF recipes that may have fallen to the wayside in the two plus years I’ve been blogging.

Past recipe round ups include:

The theme of this month’s recipe round up is salmon!

I am a serious seafood lover and used to be so intimidated by salmon until I realized it may be one of the easiest things to prepare for dinner in the world.

For a quick and easy salmon “how to,” you may wish to read my past How to Make Salmon post.

Salmon Recipe Round Up

cashew crusted salmon

salmon with raspberry glaze

salmon burger

soy glazed salmon

bbq salmon

salmon salad

Comments

Yum, I love salmon but can rarely find good quality salmon where we live. I’m also not willing to pay $19 a pound at our local organic store unless it is a very special ocassion! Plus, my husband and I haven’t mastered cooking salmon yet so it is always a gamble if it will turn out or not!

I can’t wait to read through these recipes! They look fab!

2. stevie says

hey julie, have a random question. I seriously love the turquoise necklace you got from stella and dot. not the long one, the one that is is closer to the neckline and has 3 strands on it. I was wondering if you knew if the turquoise was real or not? They don’t specify on the website.

I tried salmon one time at the Bonefish Grill and I was not impressed by it. It was too fishy tasting for me. I think maybe it’s because it wasn’t seasoned properly. I’d like to give a try with one of your recipes. They all sound delicious :)

4. Anne @strawberryjampackedlife says

Mmmm, salmon burgers. We used to eat “salmon patties” growing up. It’s a patty made with salmon, bread crumbs, and I don’t remember what else. Takes me back.

I am also a huge lover of seafood with salmon being one of my favorites! All of your recipes look delicious. I tried BBQ salmon last week after I saw that you tried it awhile ago, and both my husband and I really liked it! I want to try your cashew crusted salmon too – looks delish!

This is a great recipe round up for me! I need to work more protein into my diet, and I bought some salmon recently, cut it up into fillets and froze it… So now I need something to do with this salmon! Haha. Thanks for the ideas!

I love seafood and used to make it for myself all the time. Thanks for reminding me that I should really get back into the habit!

P.S. looking forward to hearing what the shoes/hair are for!

I consider myself seriously lucky that my family has a fishing lodge in Alaska and we fill a freezer with the freshest salmon, halibut, crab and shrimp every summer.

That being said, I’ve cooked salmon more ways than I can count on all of my fingers and toes combined. I’ve never tried it with the cashews, though. That looks delicious. I’ll have to give it a shot! One of my favorite fish dishes is macadamia nut halibut, so I’m sure I’ll love the nut/salmon combo too!

9. Emily says

I made your cashew crusted salmon last week and it was awesome! Super juicy and my husband loved it. I’ll have to try these other ones now too. Thanks for the great recipes!

10. Clare says

Julie – just honestly trying to provide some constructive feed back. I really wish you’d post with some actual content, or at least some interesting debate. You’ve clearly got a great audience, and I just don’t understand why you’d waste that by linking to already-posted “recipes” I’ve generally been disappointed in your content lately. I mean, really – salmon + BBQ sauce does not equal a recipe.

11. Miriam says

May I suggest balsamic vinegar & maple syrup glazed salmon… as easy as it sound : just combine the 2 ingredients for a marinade and grill! You can try adding garlic or dijon mustard to the mix for a change.

*gasp!* You truly are a girl after my own heart…One thing I am really confident of, is my love for sea food and fish!! I eat fish almost everyday~it doesn’t help that my mom makes it all the time, too! haha! I love this recipe roundup idea, I hope you don’t mind if I do something similar sometime! :)

13. Julie says

Hello! :)

I recently started reading your blog! I started a blog not too long ago, and just like you my only readers are my boyfriend and few of my closest friend :)

Thank you for this round up of Salmon! Looks really delish! i’m going to try one of these recipe this week !! YAY

14. K says

Convenient – I already had salmon on the menu tonight :) I made the raspberry glazed one (with white balsamic instead of white vinegar) and it was delicious!

15. Sarah @ The Dirt Road Dreamer says

I will be forever grateful for your “How to make salmon” post. I would’ve never gotten up the courage if I hadn’t seen it.

Working on a new salmon recipe this week. Pistacho crusted salmon!

Woohoo, thanks for all the yummy salmon recipes. I think the soy-glazed one might be my favorite. Can’t wait to give it a try. Well that and the salmon salad. Such a nice change to the typical tuna salad.
    P.S. I’ve made your peanut butter granola probably 8 times now, and each time it gets better and better and each time, it takes me less time to demolish to whole batch. So simple and yet so totally awesome :)

17. Brittany says

I never comment, but always read. I made the cashew crusted salmon for my boyfriend and myself the other night. Let me tell you I have never heard so many ‘this is amazing’ or ‘please make this again’. Thanks for the recipe and I absolutely LOVE your blog.

Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!