Healthy Snack Ideas

Lunch today came up fast! Clearly my work had me all wrapped up and in the zone because it was only my stomach’s grumbling that made me glance at the clock and realize it was noon.

Today’s lunch used salmon leftover from last night’s dinner.

salmon salad 003

I made myself a salmon salad wrap just like the one I made last week. Next time I make my salmon salad, I’ll may more attention to the exact ingredients because I have a feeling my fellow salmon lovers out there would really enjoy it!

salmon salad 010

And now I must run to another Taste of Ocala committee meeting, but before I head out, let’s talk healthy snacks!

Healthy Snack Ideas

healthy snack ideas
Pin It

Since my blog doesn’t document everything that I eat, my snacks almost always go unpictured. But the thing is, I love snacking and eat two to three snacks every single day.

My snacking style usually goes in phases. I’ll eat the same thing for my morning snack for a month and then I’ll get sick of it and switch to something else for a month until I get sick of that snack.

Lately, however, the variety of my snacks has increased. Since I am always on the lookout for healthy snack ideas, I figured you guys might enjoy a glimpse into some of my snack-time favorites!

I try to eat snacks that have protein, fat and carbs and often try to include fresh fruit and veggies if possible.

Here are some of my current favorites:

• Cottage cheese (I love 2 percent) topped with a sliced apple and cinnamon

granola overnight oats 004

oatmeal walnut date balls

oatmeal banana flax muffin

• Ricotta cheese topped with a sliced pear, slivered almonds and pumpkin pie spice

ricotta with pears

chocolate smoothie

• Greek yogurt topped with homemade granola

granola and greek yogurt

• Half of a whole wheat bagel topped with peanut butter or almond butter

bagel with peanut butter

• Veggies dipped in hummus

veggies with hummus

• Whole wheat waffle topped with cottage cheese, fresh fruit and cinnamon

waffle with cottage cheese and fruit

• Apple, pear or peach slices dipped in nut butter

You may also visit the Snacks page under the Recipes drop down menu for some more fun ideas!

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your favorite healthy snack?

Comments

1. Jackie E says

It’s eerie how you read my mind..I was searching the internet last night for hours looking for healthy snack ideas! Thank you for this post!!

My favorite snack to grab when I’m at home is a little cup of cereal! I never crave cereal for breakfast but I DO crave it as an afternoon or evening snack!

For bring to school snacks I like pistachios, fruit and nut butter, or half portions of overnight oats in my baby mason jar!

3. Ruth says

Oh, I saw someone else had mentioned Brussel Sprouts. We hadn’t eaten them since either of us were kids, and both felt an irrational dislike of them without even knowing if we liked them. But since I saw you roast them like the cabbage and other veggies, I figured….gotta try. And lo and behold! We loved them!! We were both instant fans, lol….go figure….cook them an adult modern way instead of the old “boil it till it’s mush” and they are delish!! Thanks!! Oh, and can I get any more exclamation points in this? hahaha!!!

4. Lori Candland says

Brussel Sprouts are WONDERFUL! preheat oven 400 degrees.Cut into thirds, lightly toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Yum Yum

I like Liberte Greek yogurt (lemon or coconut/or a mix of the two) with a few Shreddies on top along with a few pistachios (in the shell…love cracking them!)

Thanks for the snack ideas! You have some of my favorites, plus some new ones up there. Some of my favorites are muffin, homemade snack bar, or healthy cookie since they are easy to bake and change up for variety. As well as eggs, and spinach, or greek yogurt and fruit with a sprinkling of cereal.

7. Valerie @ FreshMutz says

In no particular order: apple with nut butter (cashew, peanut, almond, walnut — all glorious); dry roasted cashews (i’m addicted); quest bar (all natural, gluten free, low carb, whey protein bar); fruit

Thanks to your post the other day, I made myself salmon salad for the first time ever! It was great- very similar to tuna salad, but a nice change up!
    I’m big on cottage cheese with pumpkin and peanut flour or smoothies for a snack.

9. Durlene Mayfield says

It would be very nice to have the recipe to the salmon salad. It looks very good and I would love to make it

10. Caitlin says

About a month ago I was in search of some new snacks ’cause I was beyond bored with my current snack rotation. I came across the list that I had pinned and decided to go with the cottage cheese, apple, and cinnamon. Growing up I detested cottage cheese, but figured I’d give it another go. OMG. I eat this everyday alongside some steamed veggies with my lunch and I LOVE it. I’ve subbed the apples a few times with sliced peaches or mixed berries, depending on what I have on hand.