Today’s lunch used salmon leftover from last night’s dinner.
I made myself a salmon salad wrap just like the one I made last week. Next time I make my salmon salad, I’ll may more attention to the exact ingredients because I have a feeling my fellow salmon lovers out there would really enjoy it!
And now I must run to another Taste of Ocala committee meeting, but before I head out, let’s talk healthy snacks!
Healthy Snack Ideas
Since my blog doesn’t document everything that I eat, my snacks almost always go unpictured. But the thing is, I love snacking and eat two to three snacks every single day.
My snacking style usually goes in phases. I’ll eat the same thing for my morning snack for a month and then I’ll get sick of it and switch to something else for a month until I get sick of that snack.
Lately, however, the variety of my snacks has increased. Since I am always on the lookout for healthy snack ideas, I figured you guys might enjoy a glimpse into some of my snack-time favorites!
I try to eat snacks that have protein, fat and carbs and often try to include fresh fruit and veggies if possible.
Here are some of my current favorites:
- Cottage cheese (I love 2 percent) topped with a sliced apple and cinnamon
- Oatmeal banana flax muffin topped with almond butter
- Ricotta cheese topped with a sliced pear, slivered almonds and pumpkin pie spice
- Greek yogurt topped with homemade granola
- Half of a whole wheat bagel topped with peanut butter or almond butter
- Veggies dipped in hummus
- Whole wheat waffle topped with cottage cheese, fresh fruit and cinnamon
- Apple, pear or peach slices dipped in nut butter
Question of the Afternoon
- What is your favorite healthy snack?