I took some time to jot down an outline of a new workout before I drove to the gym around lunchtime. The workout ended up being pretty awesome and my face was dripping sweat by the end. I felt my booty burning thanks to the jumping lunges and wide-stance squats. Yowzaa.
I realize it’s still technically fall, but the fun winter graphics on PicMonkey were calling to me this afternoon, so I dubbed this circuit the “Winter Circuit Workout” so I could snowflake the heck out of the workout image. Yes!
When I arrived home from the gym, I threw together a quick lunch.
I topped a mix of broccoli slaw and slivered almonds with shredded chicken and a bunch of cranberry sauce.
I made a fresh batch of cranberry sauce last night because I apparently didn’t get my fill over Thanksgiving. I love this stuff!
I also ate a banana on the side.
Questions of the Month: November
Each month (when I don’t forget – oops!) I try to take popular three reader questions and address them on the blog. Let’s dive right in!
- What kind of red lipstick do you use? Like you, I feel kind of nervous about using red lipstick for the first time, but I really like the look of the lipstick you’ve been wearing and feel like we have a similar skin tone, so it might work on me. Can you tell me what kind it is?
I am definitely a red lipstick novice, but along with red lipstick, I highly recommend using a red lip liner. A bunch of blog readers recommended this tip to me, and I echo it! It helps keep the lipstick in place and prevents bleeding. I’ve been using Revlon ColorStay lip liner in Red. As for the red lipstick itself, I love L’Oreal Infallible Ravishing Red. (Beyoncé knows what to endorse, baby!)
I’m wearing the Revlon lip liner and L’Oreal Infallible lipstick in the photo below.
My friend Leah also gave our group of girlfriends YSL Le Rouge lipstick on her wedding day which I love, but it’s very expensive, so I save it for special occasions. It seems to look good on everyone though!
I am wearing the YSL lipstick in the photo below.
The YSL lipstick is slightly less intense, in my opinion.
- Do you take any vitamins or supplements?
I’m pretty basic when it comes to my vitamins.
I typically take the following vitamins:
- L’il Critters Complete Gummy Vites multivitamin
- Nutrition Now Calcium Soft Chews
- Biotin supplement (for healthy hair and nails)
- GNC Omega-3 Citrus Chews (Ryan is obsessed with these, too!)
Can you tell that I like gummy vitamins? I am pretty bad about remembering swallow pills, but when vitamins taste like candy, I’m all in.
I absolutely love my calcium chews. They taste like Starbursts!
GNC sent me them to review a while back and I’ve been hooked ever since and continue to buy them. I also love Adora chocolate calcium discs, but cannot find them near me in Ocala, so I’ve converted to the calcium chews.
- I am looking for blogs to read that are outside of food and fitness genre. Do you have any recommendations?
I absolutely adore my friend Jen’s blog about mental health: The Pursuit of Sassiness. I find psychology and mental health captivating and Jen writes in a way that makes mental health accessible to everyone. She makes you think about your life and those around you. She discusses struggles we all face, why we face them and how we might be able to overcome them. It’s one of my favorite blogs!
Question of the Afternoon
- Do you read any blogs outside of the food and fitness genre? Please share your favorites!