Reading all of your favorite holiday movie quotes in the comments section of this morning’s blog post had me laughing out loud at my desk! So many classics!
I spent the morning writing and doing my best to make a serious dent in my freelance work so I can be done by Friday and take time to really enjoy the holiday weekend. Things are lookin’ good!
A little after 11 a.m., I took a lunchtime exercise break and headed out to the nearby trails to run five miles with Sadie.
It amazes me that a dog that can look so feeble in photos laughs in the face of long runs. Today’s five miler didn’t even phase her! After Saturday’s eight mile run, she didn’t sit down for hours at my in-law’s house and spent the afternoon outside chasing lizards in the backyard. Ain’t no thang.
Before our run today, pictures clearly weren’t a priority for Sadie…
She had air to sniff, after all.
It was nice and cool outside which made our run pleasant!
We saw a group of about four small wild boar, but they scampered off before we got too close. Between my thunderous running and Sadie’s less-than-stealthy sprint and stop pace, I think they heard us coming.
After a hot shower back at home, I got to work in the kitchen and made a big pot of my simple summer chili that I figured I could eat for lunch and dinner today. Efficiency!
Of Possible Interest
- Motivational Quotes to Help You Stick to Your Fitness Goals (HuffingtonPost.com)
- 31 Healthy and Portable High Protein Snacks (Greatist.com)
- Favorite Healthy Recipes of 2012 (FitSugar.com)
Of Possible Interest in the Blog World
- HealthyLivingBlogs.com is hoping to reach 2,013 members before 2013! The site is a great resource if you’re looking to connect with other bloggers as they categorize healthy living blogs by location. Click here to learn more about becoming a member.
- My blogging buddy MizFit just released her first ebook! You can check it out here: How to Build Muscle and Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind
More Ways to Help Newtown
Connecticut blog reader Allie emailed me the following two links that I wanted to share with you guys in case you are looking for ways to help those affected by Friday’s tragedy in Newtown:
- United Way of Western Connecticut: “United Way of Western Connecticut is committed to providing support and resources where and when they become identified and needed. As people from our area and beyond respond to this heartbreaking tragedy, they are turning to United Way looking for ways to help. In response, United Way of Western Connecticut in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank has created the ‘Sandy Hook School Support Fund’ that will be able to provide support services to the families and community that has been affected.”
- Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund: “The Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund at the University of Connecticut will cover college costs for any students who currently attend the elementary school, as well as siblings of those killed in the assault and dependents of teachers and other adults who also lost their lives, who are accepted to attend the University in the future. If any funds remain once the needs of the groups above have been met, they will be used to benefit any future student from Newtown who attends UConn.”