Crock Pot Challenge Details

I’m so glad so many of you share my love for crock pot cooking!

I’m already feeling excited about the Crock Pot Challenge! You guys shared some of the most fantastic sounding recipes and I cannot wait to give them a try.

A few that immediately popped out at me:

A bunch of you were also kind enough to detail entire recipes in the comments section, so if you’re in the market for a quality crock pot recipe, definitely check out the comments on yesterday’s post! Many of them are super easy and require minimal ingredients.

A handful of you guys also expressed interest in participating in a Crock Pot Challenge together! That sounds like a lot of fun to me, so here’s what I’m thinking:

• Try 10 new crockpot recipes by the end of February

That’s it! I’m keeping it simple!

I realize that this is not a ridiculous amount of recipes to try, but crock pot recipes often produce a lot of leftovers, so I want to be mindful of that and also make the challenge doable for those of you who might not be that into cooking but still want to participate.

I will obviously blog about the recipes I try (or create) and if you have a blog and write a blog post that briefly recaps the 10 recipes you tried (or created) and what you thought of them by March 3, I will have a plugin set up for you to add your link to a big Crock Pot Challenge recap post on March 4.

If you’re on Twitter or Instagram and want to communicate with other participants or share recipes, you can use the hash tag #crockpotchallenge. Woop!

Hopefully this will be one big crock pot recipe swap and a fun way to motivate each other to branch out and try new recipes.

Last night Ryan and I had breakfast for dinner in the form of an artichoke and broccoli quiche (so good!) so I wasn’t in the mood for eggs this morning and decided to stick with another breakfast classic.

pancakes 009

Pancakes!

pancakes 011

Plus a hot cup of coffee.

pancakes 012

Happy Friday!

Comments

1. Caroline says

Hey Julie! This has nothing to do with crock pot recipes, but just wanted to let you know that Old Navy popped up on my Facebook page with a picture of you in their new workout gear!! Pretty cool. Love your blog!

2. Courtney says

I loooove my crockpot!! Have you ever used Reynold’s crockpot liners?! They seriously changed my life when it comes to crockpot cooking, since cleaning the stupid thing would sometimes deter me from using it. Spread the word about these babies with this challenge, it might save some lives haha!

I’m so in love with this challenge! Winter just screams crockpot! And I highly suggest freezing crock pot leftovers. I do this a lot since I have a hard time eating the same thing over and over again….can’t wait for March 3!

4. Dawn says

I have a random question for you Julie, or for anyone else that wants to answer! I have switched over from fat-free milk to almond milk in the last few months, and just can’t quite get my coffee the same! I used to warm/steam my milk in the microwave first and then add coffee- it would be warm, creamy, and frothy! But with almond milk, my coffee never seems to be very hot, and if I do warm my almond milk in the micro before (or after adding coffee), it separates (GROSS!)

How do you get your coffee with almond milk so hot and “non-separating”???

That buffalo chicken sounds great! Perfect for my 14 year old son! I think I’m going to make chili today but maybe the chicken tomorrow. Just got a new crock pot so I’m very inspired.

I am so in! Using my crock pot more is definitely something I’m interested in, so this is a fool-proof way to get me there. I have a couple of crock pot recipes that I always go to, but I have trouble branching out. Looking forward to this challenge!

7. Nikki says

Making my first crock pot challenge meal!! It is “freezing” today by Arizona standards. Mid 20′s when we woke up (at 6 am to run before my hair appointment) and won’t get out of 40′s today. Like I said, cold for Arizona standards, however not as unimaginably cold as it is in Denver right now, 14 degrees!!! So my crock pot meal, as you could probably guess, is chili!!!! Made with ground elk meat and will make some rice to go along with it!! It smells so good!!

I would love to participate in this challenge! 10 awesome vegan crock pot recipes in Feb? Sounds perfect! Plus, I’ll be student teaching, working, & attending classes so I’m all about convenience! What a wonderful idea :)