Final Week of BBBC

It’s the final week of Best Body Boot Camp! Time to go out with a bang!

I warmed up with 10 minutes on the stair master before completing today’s power circuit workout. I think today’s workout is one of my favorite workouts from the whole program because it really keeps things moving with super-short 20 second bursts of cardio. The cardio bursts aren’t long enough to really kill me, but they get my heart rate up and leave me nice and sweaty, so I’m a fan!

When I arrived home from the gym, it was smoothie time!

smoothie

Into the blender went:

• 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • Big spoonful peanut butter
  • 1 handful fresh spinach
  • Enough almond milk to get everything moving

The smoothie was nice and thick and the consistency reminded me a lot of my “ice cream” smoothie. A winner! And speaking of winners…

Fab Giveaway Winner

Congratulations to…

• Ariana: “The black blazer is very cute and would be great to wear to my job at Department of Children and Families! We tend to dress business casual and this would go great with some of my colored tank tops.”

Please email me at pbfingers@gmail.com with your mailing address and preferred size and I’ll get the black blazer to you right away!

Question of the Morning

• Are you currently following a workout program of some sort?
  • Where do you get the inspiration for your workouts?

I am currently following BBBC, but I get a lot of my workout inspiration from Pinterest, magazines, other bloggers, NASM, Ryan and previous group exercise classes.

Comments

1. Jessica says

Yes! I’m currently on week 4 of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit program. I actually got the recommendation from YOU when you blogged about her awhile back. Love the variety in the work outs and the fact that the plan is F.R.E.E! I’ve seen a lot of results in just 4 weeks and dropped 1 pant size thus far. Just what I needed to spice up my gym routine, since I was hitting a plateau and just running on the treadmill an hour a couple times a week. Thanks for the recommendation!

That smoothie looks awesome!! The only workout plan I am doing is running to prep for my half marathon in April! I am currently recovering from a stress fracture in my foot so no running for the last 4.5 weeks… I am hoping to start at the end of this week though! Cross your fingers!!!

I can’t wait to jump on the BBBC wagon post pregnancy! It sounds like so much fun, and I love that I don’t have to put much thought into my workouts. Currently I’m still working out at a much lower intensity, but still trying to get in a few days of cardio, a day of yoga, and a couple days of strength training. I usually get my workouts from Pinterest, other bloggers, workout DVDs, or I make up my own.

I just started the couch to 5k program again. I try every year but I always die out around week 4 because it’s quite a big leap. This year I’m going to take it a bit slower and repeat or just add additional weeks that are “in between” the difficulty of the next week. Cutting the distance, so to speak. I think less pressure to follow that exact plan will help me take my time and be more successful.

5. Jessica says

Now that spring is coming, there are a few races coming up that I want to prepare for. I use a few of the Nike products and I really like the Nike Training Club app. I’m following a program from the Nike Coach to get me in shape for race season.

Pinterest is also a good place to get inspiration. I find a lot of yoga workouts there and that is how I came across your blog.

Currently, I am focusing my workouts on circuit training. I am getting married in October, so I am trying to get the most out every workout with a combination of weightraining and cardio. This combination inevitably gets me the results I am looking for.

It seems like everyone loves the BBC program! I really hope to try it out next round, especially since I’ve been lacking creativity in the workout department! Although, I’ve been loving pilates lately.
    I wish it was warm enough here to enjoy a smoothie first thing in the morning;)

I’m not following any programs right now, just incorporating short runs, Jillian Michaels workout videos and a few classes at my gym, including Zumba! I’m glad to hear you’re like BBC this round, I might sign up next time!

I’m following Hal Higdon’s Intermediate Half-Marathon Training Plan right now, but for individual strength workouts, I either take a class or make my own. I used to do a lot of intervals, but since I get plenty of cardio now, I concentrate on getting a good 20-30 minute strength training session in. It’s kind of nice having a plan laid out for you!

Today’s BBB workout is probably one of my favorites too! I also love Workout B for this week. I’ll be on the lookout for a new workout program to follow after this final week of BBB (Any recommendations that are similar to BBB?). I get my inspiration from bloggers like you, YouTube, and Pinterest has a ton of workouts!

11. Megan says

Would you recommend BBBC? I am seriously considering registering for the next round. How many works does Tina provide a week? Are all they strength or also a mix of cardio? Thanks so much, Julie! Love your blog!

12. Sarah says

I don’t follow a specific plan, but I do a lot of the Tone It Up workouts and get inspiration and motivation from various health and fitness blogs, including yours 🙂 and pinterest.

I am currently searching for a workout. I just began working out again a few months ago, and now my body is back in the routine, I am searching for something to push myself a litle harder.

I always follow a plan, it helps me stay on track and not fall off the bandwagon if I have it all planned out on what to do everyday. I am really into at-home DVD’s.. currently I am doing Les Mills Pump. I am 7 weeks into it and have lost 12 pounds so far and went down 2 pant sizes! My wedding is in May so I need to get moving.. only 5 more pounds til I reach my goal weight of 118!

I need to get on some sort of workout program right now. Ever since my husband returned from a 9 month deployment right before chirstmas, I have been struggling to get 2 workouts a week in. Although its really commmon pre and post deployment to let pretty much everything besides family time go to the wayside. At least I have continued on with eating really healthy so at least my health hasnt gone to crud altogether :). Its time to get my butt moving again before bikni season 🙂

16. Anne says

Can you offer beginner walk/jog treadmill programs for a beginner to progress from A to Z? The only treadmill I have is a basic, cheap one with one of those weird, not great tracks. NO INCLINE on the treadmill which obviously sucks…do I still have a chance? I can’t get outside for a very very long time, so this is it . any way I can still “get in shape” ? I hope so. Would have to be realistic for a beginner, but also be something that I can finish and feel “accomplished”. Thanks. (oh and how many times a week, etc). I feel very discouraged at my situation and like I can’t do anything effective or good like all you gals.

• Sarah R. says

anne-

You dont need special equipment to get in shape, your dedication , committment, and drive can get you there…. Make sure your diet is healthy, and then start at the beginning..pending what your fitness level is- anywhere from a 10 min walk to a 30 min one will get you there. Start slow so you don’t get injured. Good luck!

17. Kristen says

I’ve been following the Fitnessista’s (fitnessista.com) Winter Shape Up program. It’s a free 4 week fitness program, complete with healthy recipes, workout calendar, and a new circuit strength workout, cardio workout, and ab burner each week. It was great! She makes the fun graphics of her workouts like you do – you both are awesome!

I used to be big into workout DVDs, but I had to give that a break for a while. I usually make up my own workout plans, put the workouts for the month on a calendar, and just check them off as I go. This month, I did strength training 3x a week, running 3x a week, some abs circuits, and yoga one day a week. I like to mix it up 🙂

19. Sheena says

I’m a big fan of the Nike Training Club workouts. The Get Strong and Get Toned advanced level kick my booty! I’ve been intrigued by the Superman workout and might add that to the end of my workouts.

Bloggers like you are pretty inspirational! Every workout I do is to help become a better, faster runner. I’ve been doing all sorts of cardio workouts and strength endurance workouts, all of which I love, but ultimately for me, it’s about being a better runner.

I normally make my own workout routines or do cardio intervals on the stepmill and elliptical, sometimes treadmill but I’m pregnant so I’m trying to be a bit more careful with jogging. 🙂 So currently I’m really really liking ballet style workouts+cardio intervals. I like doing Leah Sarago’s Ballet Body DVDs and they.are.killer! Dare I say that they challenge me more and make my muscles ache more than traditional weights?! I don’t know how, but for sure Leah knows what she’s doing. 😀

22. Skipper says

I get the impression you’re really phoning it in here lately. Either you’re not really into blogging anymore but are still trying to keep up the page views or you don’t have anything to discuss anymore. Perhaps you should commit to the blog or let it go a little bit. We’ll understand.

23. Kaykay says

Hi Julie,
    your blog used to be one of my favorites but the quality recently seems to be saddening 🙁 hopefully everything is alright. For this to be your job, i expect more from you.

I love smoothies after my workout, they taste like a treat. I find a lot of my inspiration through group exercise classes, blogs, and magazines. I love trying new treadmill workouts because the same ones can get pretty boring.

Smoothies after a workout make me want to finish the workout faster! Hahaha! I love a good smoothie! I follow the ZWOW workouts on youtube. I’m actually doing #57 today. And they’re perfect for the gym and at home. I usually do them at home. But beware, you’re butt will be kicked and your face will be dripping sweat every time. No joke. And I also get a lot of my workouts from pinterest, your blog, carrotsncake.com, and my brother.

26. Ali says

Happy Monday.
    That smoothie looks fantastic! Would of been a perfect breakfast for me after the Monday morning Team Bootcamp. Plan to try it tomorrow. The recipe shown, is that 1 serving or 2?

Just finished using Hal Higdon’s Novice 2 training plan for finishing my first half marathon! I am currently plan-less (is that a word?) because I’m letting my body tell me when it’s ready for some cross-training! I get a lot of my inspiration for workouts from fitness blogs and Pinterest 😀

28. Samantha says

I just stumbled across your blog last week and it has now become a daily read for me. I’ve enjoyed a couple of your recipes so far and I’m about to try your smoothie recipes as well. Keep the smoothie recipes coming!!!

29. AJ says

I get workout inspiration from BBBC and Pinterest, as well as YouTube and my personal trainer. And YOU! You put together some fun workouts, thanks for sharing them!!

That smoothie looks so chocolatey…yum!

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

30. Naomi says

I just finished up the Fitnessista’s Winter Shape Up! Otherwise I get other workouts from blogs or enjoy going to group exercise classes.

31. Margaret Murphy says

Hi there. I just found your blog – it’s fantastic! I am new to protein shakes, but would really like to get into them. Do you have recommendations for tasty powers? What’s your fav?