A Fast Tuesday

I had to rush out the door this morning, so my breakfast was super fast.

DSC_0220-001

I topped a bowl of Greek yogurt with vanilla almond granola. I also ate a very ripe banana as I walked out the door and drove to work.

yogurt granola banana

Work

My time at the gym today began with a sweaty run. I took the beginner’s running group at our gym out for a 5K run at 9 a.m. Luckily there was a nice breeze that kept us slightly cooler than last week when half the group had to stop to walk more than couple of times.

We followed the standard Turkey Trot route that leaves just down the street from the gym. The route is fairly shaded which makes it a good one to take when the sun is blazing.

After our run (which doubled as my workout for the day), I had just enough time to towel off and drink some water before I had to meet with a client. I then spent some time working on a project my boss assigned to me before it was time to teach water fitness.

I ate a chia bar that I packed before class and it did a great job of giving me a quick burst of energy without ruining my appetite for lunch after class. We had a packed class today and I omitted water weights so the class was focused entirely on cardio. The class went well and I had a lot of fun teaching. I like my afternoon crew!

Lunch

Once I made it home, I assembled a super fresh salad with tons of vegetables.

salad with nectarines and vegetables In the salad:

• Black beans
  • Corn
  • Nectarines
  • Avocado
  • Cilantro
  • Lime juice
  • Salt

veggies nectarine avocado Mmm!

The avocado added a creaminess to the dish and the salty black beans paired with the sweet, juicy nectarines made me love every bite.

Now it’s time to start brainstorming dinner ideas!

Comments

• says

I download all of it. It’s actually way more time consuming than I anticipated, so I have been talking to some instructors about workout CDs! I am just REALLY picky with the music I play during class because, as a group exercise participant, I know how much the music makes a difference and I really want it to pump up the class.

I scarfed down a quick breakfast this morning while waiting to board a plane to St. Louis for work. I brought a banana from home and then bought a bagel with peanut butter at the airport and cut up the banana and put it on top. It was tasty but very messy!

This sounds like my morning!! I just had to grab breakfast and I feel like I’ve been on the go all day! I can’t imagine running in the Florida heat, some days the dry New Mexico heat is enough!

mmmm nothing like a sweet and savory combo to deliver a quality lunch. I never would have thought to add those nectarines but it sounds delicious.

I just met with a personal trainer at a local gym yesterday about the possibility of working at the gym…we’ll see what happens! In the meantime, love reading about your days at the gym :-)

4. jill says

I think one whole avocado every single day…oops.

U said Ryan is not a pasta person. What about breakfast stuff? Does he eat same as you each morning or tend to lean to eggs/toast or pancakes, yogurt, etc?

• Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers says

I’d say we eat the same breakfast 50% of the time. If I make eggs or protein pancakes or something, I usually make more for him, too!

Julie! I love following along with your blog. It brings back incredibly fond memories of when I lived in ChampionsGate, Florida before I moved back to Michigan! I’m currently participating in a very low calorie diet (VLCD) and then I am hoping to eat as healthy as you do on a regular basis – the salad in this post looks delicious and sounds refreshing!