Row, Row, Row Workout

Good morning from Sadie!

Vizsla

That is the face of a dog who wants in on my breakfast.

Workout

After a wonderfully relaxing weekend where I didn’t get even half of the things I planned to accomplish done, I was back at it this morning with a 5 a.m. workout with Ryan. Hopefully today will be productive! A morning workout always sets my day in motion, so today’s workout is a good start on my plan to hop aboard the productivity train.

Today’s workout began with a brief warm up before I completed the following workout that centered around rowing:

Row Row Row Workout

It was a great workout that got my heart rate up. The kettlebell sumo high pulls were my favorite in a sick, challenging way.

Once we made it home, I got to work in the kitchen and prepared an egg white and oatmeal protein pancake with a handful of sliver almonds added for some healthy fats.

egg white oatmeal protein pancake

Plus a banana on the side!

I don’t have to head into the gym to work until later this afternoon, so this morning I am planning to catch up on some blog work, take my laptop in for repair (it won’t turn on – bad sign!) and swing by the post office. I need to send two packages and also want to drop off my Stitch Fix returns. I am keeping two of the five items from my latest fix, including an adorable black vegan leather crossbody purse and a chunky cardigan.

stitch fix purse

stitch fix cardigan

(I couldn’t find exact links to either item online – the crossbody is made by Emperia and the cardigan is Mysteree – but here are some similar styles: Knit cardigan wrap, Nine West striped cardigan, ASOS front wrap cardigan, Aztec print wrap cardigan, Steve Madden black fringe crossbody)

See you after lunch!

Have a great Monday!

Comments

1. Sarah says

Mornings you post your breakfast after a workout I always wonder if Ryan is eating the same thing or if he has this ginormus bowl of some sugary kids cereal (what my husband eats). Ever thought of doing a day in the life of Ryan blog?

Awesome workout :) How long do your workouts usually last with Ryan in the morning? Love that crossbody purse. I just bought one and I love how easy it is and hands free! I always need hands for a million other things I need to bring inside, haha.
    Enjoy your morning before work!

I love the idea of incorporating rowing into any workout. It really gets in some cardio and boosts your heart rate! Plus, I actually enjoy it a lot more than hopping on a treadmill or elliptical. Thanks for the workout!

4. Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie says

Ohh I want that cardigan! Sadie is so cute. Punkin waits patiently for me to finish my Greek yogurt in the morning. Once I put the bowl down on the floor he springs and is all over licking up the leftover yogurt.

Sometimes you need a lazy weekend to recharge. I love that pancake. Try it with some jam and almond butter. I swear it will change your life. I got notification thy my stichfix order shipped!! Im so excited!

6. Jan Klein says

Same thing happened to me with my laptop. Have you tried taking the battery out for a few minutes? I did that & blew out all of the dust from the fan & it’s been working like a champ again.

Oh I’m so glad you started off your post with an adorable pic of Sadie today. :) Our one year old shih-tzu passed away this weekend and we are just devastated. I’ve been cuddling everyone’s pups I can get my hands on & Sadie’s adorable face always cheers me up. Give her an extra big squeeze tonight from those of us who are missing ours. :)

Hey Julie! Love the row workout! Since rowing is 80% lower body alone, I think it would be awesome to see you create one that has more of an upper body focus too! Maybe some push-ups or triceps dip in the mix, so you are truly getting that “full body workout”! Love the added kettle-bell sumo high pulls! They get me everytime!

9. Brooke says

Hey Julie! 5am seems crazy!! Do you make it to the gym by then? Ever think you’ll do a day in the life with your daily routine? I miss the book club btw!!