Our Easter Weekend

Good morning! What is it about holiday weekends that make them absolutely fly by? Though this weekend passed quickly, it was packed with family fun and Ryan and I enjoyed every minute of our relaxing weekend in Jacksonville.

Here are a few highlights:

• Jersey Boys

photo 1 (3) photo 2 (2)

On Saturday afternoon, my mom, sister and I drove to Orlando to see the musical Jersey Boys! My sister treated my mom and I to the musical as a “thank you” for helping with her wedding which was so thoughtful. Since the three of us have adored musicals for as long as I can remember, it was a fantastic gift! We listened to the soundtrack on the way there and had to stop ourselves from singing along when we watched the live show! For those who haven’t seen the musical, it follows the lives of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons and features the incredibly catchy music from the group. I loved learning more about the lives of the men in The Four Seasons and spent some time after the show reading more about the members. It was a great show with fantastic music!

• Beach Walks

IMG_1545

photo 3 (1)

I am beginning to think no one in the world loves the beach more than Sadie. She just about jumps out of her skin with excitement whenever she realizes that we’re walking toward the beach. She stalks birds, bounds around in the sand and sprints in and out of the surf. She is just so darn joyful and it’s impossible not to feel happy when we watch her have a blast!

• Celebrating Easter

happy easter sand

Easter Basket

Our Easter celebration took place over two days! We attended church as a family on Friday night and followed it up with a late-night sushi dinner at Tomo which was fabulous. (Excellent food and wonderful customer service!) On Easter morning, we woke up early, went on a long walk on the beach and then celebrated with Easter baskets and a big lunch with my parents, Leslie and Ross. My mom had adorable Easter baskets waiting for everyone and filled mine with favorites including Kit Kats, gum, Hot Tamales and my beloved Smashbox primer.

Scandal

Remember when I got totally and completely sucked into Scandal over the holidays? Well, I haven’t kept up with the show since we don’t have TV in our house but I wanted to give my mom 5,000 hugs for DVRing a handful of episodes from season three. My mom and I watched a bunch over the weekend and only have a few remaining! It’s just as intense and twisted as ever.

• Sadie and My Family

no concept of personal space

Oh hey Leslie, were you trying to take a nap? We all got a good laugh out of Sadie’s total disregard for my sister’s late afternoon nap on Easter. (Thankfully Leslie was a good sport about it, too!) Ryan and I feel very grateful that my family has fully embraced Sadie. Sadie doesn’t exactly blend into the background and tends to make her presence known, but my family adores her and treats her like their dog. She gets lots of cuddles, treats and attention from my family whenever we come in town and we’re so appreciative of their kindness toward a little lady who means an awful lot to us.

Question of the Morning

• Share a highlight or two from your weekend!

Comments

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I’m jealous of the weather you must have had to make it beach worthy! Here in Australia we are in Autumn (Fall) but its already started to be almost like winter on some days.

I need to get onto Scandal again I watched the first few episodes then got hooked on other shows like Awkward, True Detective and no judgement but Lindsay Lohans documentary series is my latest time sucker 😉

Sadie is as cute as always!

Easter for us was spent with family too and I got some time to cook and clean which is always a good thing 🙂

2. Stephanie says

My daughter (who turns 2 in 9 days!!) had her first Easter egg hunt on Saturday. Also my 6 month old sat up all by himself for the first time too. Definitely some awesomehighlights of my Easter weekend!

I love the picture of Sadie! My German Shepherd does this to us in the morning when we try to sleep in. She just walks all over the bed and sits down on top of us. You are lucky that Sadie only weighs 30lbs! Sasha just broke 70lbs, it is a lot of dog to crush your rib cage first thing in the morning.

4. Rocio says

I’m also hooked on Scandal and can never seem to catch it when it’s on. Just wanted to share that you can watch them online on abc.com or through their watch abc app for iphone or ipad. That’s how I always catch up on the shows I’ve missed 🙂

Good weather, running outside, and quality family time were highlights over the long weekend!

Scandal is such a good show! I still have to watch the finale for this season and I am dying to know what happens!

I literally just finished season 2 of Scandal LAST NIGHT!!!! And, I can’t find the first half of Season 3! AH! Hulu only has the last half of season 3 and I’m going to go crazy waiting until it comes out! I. Love. Olivia. Pope. Haha!

Looks like so much fun!! Hahaha I babysit a dog that is like that. I’ve learned to just embrace it and go with the flow, can’t change his personality. I like it, he is unique, and just has a lot of character, nothing wrong with that :)!

I had a solo easter here in Chicago, but did go to church with a couple girls from my small group, so that was nice. Also volunteered at a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt through Junior League – so many adorable kids in cute little outfits!

9. Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie says

Scandal keeps getting better and better as the episodes progress! I’m so excited for you to get to the series finale. I’m so jealous you got to see Jersey Boys. If that ever comes to Omaha I’m going to see it in a heartbeat!

Looks like a lovely Easter weekend. While my husband and I didn’t get to celebrate with family, since we’re far away in San Francisco, we went to a gorgeous church service at the one of the oldest large churches in San Francisco, went to the beach and made our own Easter Feaster. We also finished up the final two episodes of the Breaking Bad series and BOY did it live up to the hype. Add it to your list of must-see shows with Ryan. 🙂

I love Jersey Boys! I’ve seen it three times – definitely one of my favorite musicals. One of the biggest highlights from this weekend is that our weather was amazing! We spent so much time outside riding bikes, dining and going to the Farmers Market. So happy it’s starting to feel like spring!

I took my husband to go see Jersey Boys for his birthday last year and we both loved it! We really enjoyed the music and learning about the history as well. I love musicals and any live performances! Glad you had a great time with your mom and sister!

Gotta love Scandal! Yesterday (Easter) was pretty relaxing for us! We did a leisurely Easter egg hunt for my little sister and then chilled/watched TV together/went on a walk for the rest of the day. Our big Easter activity was actually eating dinner out at Outback the night before – eating out with celiac disease (can’t have gluten) isn’t easy, but it was super fun at Outback!

14. dana says

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
    I need to know more about Jersey Boys! I have read a number of comments about strong language in the show (abundance use of the f-word). Anyone who has seen it, can you tell me your thoughts? I have tickets for a show in May with my mom and grandma and am wondering if it’s going to be too obscene for them.
    Thanks!

I walked 10 miles yesterday and spent the rest if the day baking and relaxing. A well needed rest after all I’ve been through these past weeks. I saw Jersey Boys awhile back. It was cute. I love musicals!

I’m glad you had a good Easter! I wish I had a beach near to me! I haven’t been since last summer and I’m missing it! Family time is the best though so I’m glad y’all took advantage of it!

17. Luanne says

We are in wedding plan mode as my daughter gets ready for a July wedding, so that’s how our weekend went! My son and his wife were also home, so just lots of fun with a full house!

My mom, sister, and I love attending musicals as well, and Jersey Boys have been on my list to see forever! My weekend highlight was getting to see all of my family members, and getting to run a 5K with my husband and my mom. I even set a new PR!

19. Shannon says

My Easter weekend was wonderful! My fiancé, mom & I went to go see Phantom of the Opera, which was fantastic. The.n we has lots of friend & family time in my hometown & enjoying the beautiful spring weather!

I just recently started watching Scandal and it is so good! I am still on the first season but I can’t wait to catch up to all the twists coming up I keep hearing about 🙂

The weather was beautiful this Easter weekend. Other highlights: spending time with the bf and his family, eating delicious foods and sweet treats, slow mornings, and taking it easy in general.

22. Carly says

I just found out today that a movie version of Jersey Boys is coming out in June! I’ve wanted to see the musical for years but now can see the movie!