I have quite a yummy recipe to share with you today!
This recipe is brought to you by: My internet went down and to avoid freaking out over my lack of ability to send out an important article, I made cookies.
(Follow up: Then I ate way too many of the cookies, drove to Burger King and hopped on their internet from the parking lot to get my work done and publish this blog post.)
Cookies make any situation a little bit better.
And good news! These cookies are made with oats, whole wheat flour and canola oil which means they’re completely healthy… right? Sure.
Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 10 – 12 cookies (depending on how much dough you eat)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (may increase to 3 teaspoons if you desire a more chocolaty cookie)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine sugars and beat in one egg.
- Mix canola oil and vanilla into sugar mixture .
- Slowly beat sugar mixture into flour mixture. Your dough should be slightly runny.
- Gradually beat oats into mixture until a thicker dough forms.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, until tops of cookies are slightly browned.
I was really impressed with how these cookies turned out since I was just playing around in the kitchen and didn’t have high hopes. I loved the light touch of cocoa flavor and the chewiness from the oats. These will definitely be made in this house again!