And here are the five things Shawn recommends implementing for 21 days (or longer!) to increase overall happiness:
- Focus on gratitude. Think of three new things you’re grateful for every morning.
- Take two minutes to journal about a positive experience you had the previous day.
- Send a quick 2-3 sentence email or text message to someone thanking them for something. (I LOVE this one!)
- Exercise for 15 minutes. This trains your brain to believe that your behavior matters.
Now I’d love to hear what YOU think about your personal happiness. Do you think you are naturally happy? If so, what is something you do regularly that you believe contributes to your overall happiness? Do you believe you have the ability to increase or decrease your baseline level of happiness depending on your thoughts and actions? Please weigh in below!!
Additional Happiness-Related Blog Posts
- The Essential Seven: Creating Habits That Lead to Happiness
- Little Indulgences = Big Happiness
- Abstainers vs. Moderators
- The Happiness Project Review + Takeaways
Questions of the Day
Do you feel like you are naturally happy? If so, what is something you think you do regularly that contributes to your overall happiness? If not, do you think it’s possible to elevate your baseline level of happiness through your thoughts and actions?
What are three things you are grateful for today?