I forgot the marinara sauce I meant to pack to make English muffin pizzas. Sad day. 🙁 I still made sauce-less pizzas using fresh spinach and shredded cheese.
I was expecting to be majorly disappointed, but I actually enjoyed the combination a lot and didn’t miss the sauce too much.
On the side I had two sliced yellow squash (not squashes) topped with Italian dressing and a tumbler full of Tazo sweet cinnamon spice tea.
Purdy darn good lunch if you ask me!
Onto some workout fun…
BodyPump: Release 77 Review
After receiving confirmation from you guys (Annette + Candice) this morning, it looks like the BodyPump release I tackled during my workout was the latest release. I figured I would go ahead and do my first-ever BodyPump release review on the ol’ blog since a bunch of you asked what I thought and are looking forward to the debut of BodyPump 77 at your gym!
- Warmup (Commander – Spacegliderz)
- Squats (It’s My life – Swade): I felt like this track went by really quickly and left me feeling like I really worked my legs without feeling like I was going to die. I liked it! I used my usual squat weight, which was perfect. No need to decrease or increase weight.
- Chest (DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love – Usher feat. Pitbull): I think I grew some pecs during this track! I liked the song and powered through the burn and was definitely fatigued by the time the track was complete. It felt slightly easier than usual, but not by much. And I may have just not noticed the difficulty because I enjoyed jammin’ to Usher. 🙂
- Back (Hold Me Tonight (Manox Remix) – Manian): This track was totally different than any other back track. Rather than the usual clean and press movement common to almost every back track, class participants push the bar overhead three times in a row before lowering it and repeating the move. I found that this track worked my shoulders more than usual, which may have contributed to the fatigue I felt during the shoulders track at the end of the workout.
- Triceps (I Like It – Tokyo Haze… I guess it wasn’t Enrique!): I liked this track a lot because we did overhead extensions at the end and bar work in the beginning. I really don’t like tricep kick-backs because I feel extremely awkward when I do them, so I was happy to see that this release omitted them from the workout.
- Biceps (Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) – Shinedown): Hard. My biceps were screaming… as was my mind since this song choice was just plain awful. Seriously awesome bicep track though! I love feelin’ the burn!
- Lunges (Only Girl In The World (E-Nergy Remix) – Nick Skitz vs DJ Lotus): If it weren’t for the inclusion of squats at the end of this track, I would give this set rave reviews. I prefer lunge tracks to include only lunges as I feel like that works my legs the best. The lunge-portion was great, but I wish we would’ve kept lunging rather than going into squats for the last minute or so.
- Shoulders (Ti Sento – Scooter): Another tough track! I think the combination of working shoulders during the back track coupled with super-fast movement made this shoulder track particularly difficult. I loved the moves and the song selection for this one!
- Abs (We No Speak Americano – Yolanda Be Cool vrs DCUP): Four words: Around-the-world planks. My abs were burning!
- Cooldown (One Last Chance – Daughtry)
It was a doozie!
P.S. The Fashion page was updated today!