I wonder if my love for baking stems from my love for sweets?
Today I baked a totally new treat!
Last week I was loving the combination of butterscotch chips with roasted peanuts and enjoyed it as an afternoon snack throughout the week.
Toady I figured I could take this tasty creation to a new level by combining the two in a brownie-like bar.
I started by melting butterscotch chips and butter in a small saucepan.
I stirred the warm mixture into a bowl with sugar, brown sugar, an egg and vanilla extract. After adding flour, a pinch of salt and peanuts, the batter was ready for bakin’.
After about 25 minutes, the butterscotch brownies were done.
They were moist, delicious, and a fantastic combination of sweet and salty.
Butterscotch Brownie Bars
(Makes 18 bars)
- 1/2 bag butterscotch chips (6 oz.)
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. roasted unsalted peanuts
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butterscotch chips and butter in a saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly until no lumps remain.
- Combine sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Pour butterscotch mixture into the bowl with the sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour, peanuts and salt until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter in to a pan sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes.