I want to preface this post by saying PLEASE do not let this blog post make you feel like Easter needs to become some gigantic gift-fest for your kids. We typically limit our boys’ Easter baskets to a new toy, a book, something useful that they need or something educational and a couple of treats and they’re always thrilled!
That being said, I wanted this blog post to give you guys a myriad of ideas to choose from since all kids are different and love different things! All of the items I included in the roundup of Easter gift ideas below are things that have proved big-time hits with our boys over the years.
I hope you find something that jumps out at you for a little one in your life! Also, if you’d like to quickly find some of these ideas in one place in the coming days/week, you may always check out my Amazon Store. I try my best to keep it continually updated with our favorite things for easy reference.
Easter Gift Ideas for Kids
A handful of these ideas are admittedly much too big to fit into an Easter basket but with summer on the horizon and social distancing in place, I figured Easter might be a good time to look into some warm-weather play toys/activities and wanted to include them just in case they might be of interest.
- Plasma Car: Our boys use their Plasma Cars daily! Perfect for getting some energy out!
- Bounce House: The “big gift” for our kids for Christmas this year and a lifesaver for rainy days right now since it’s low enough to set up inside.
- Water Table: Endless hours of summer fun! We’ve had our Step2 table for years and it has held up well.
- Sprinkler Splash Pad: An inexpensive way to make your yard feel like a splash pad.
- Water Beads: Great for sensory play, color sorting, etc.
- Games: This 6 pack of kids’ card games has been a mega-hit with Chase / Candy Land / Hoot Owl Hoot
- Bubbles: I ordered these Fubbles for in Ryder’s Easter basket and love their no-spill design. A bubble machine is also always a hit!
- Bath Toys or Bath Bombs: This fishing set for the bath tub is a huge hit with our boys.
To Create and Build
- Kinetic Sand: It’s magic sand that is stretchy and almost moves and melts in your hand. Bonus: WAY less mess than real sand! The boys like hiding little toys in it to find, pressing shapes into it, etc.
- KwikStix: Quick-dry paint pens our boys love to use to “paint” (and also decorate boxes!)
- DIY Creation Station: White Butcher Paper, Markers (we love these Crayola Pip-Squeak Markers for small fingers), Stickers, etc.
- Easel: Great for drawing, painting, games with magnetic letters and more.
- Magformers / Magnatiles: Perfect for building and awesome for many ages.
- Arts and Crafts Library: A big box of supplies to help your kids create!
To Wear or Use
- Native Shoes: Our all-time favorite spring/summer shoes for the boys. Perfect for splash pads, trips to the pool and running around.
- Water Bottle: When it comes to limiting leaks, you can’t go wrong with this stainless steel Thermos bottle or this Yeti kids water bottle.
- Kid-Size Beach Towel
- Rain Boots: Great for springtime puddle splashing!
- Pajamas: We love these cloud jammies.
- Summer Hat: We LOVE Bitty Brah hats for the boys. I’m not positive it still works but this affiliate link + the code JULIE15 should give you 15% off!
- Sight Word Readers: This will be in Chase’s Easter basket this year after his teacher texted his preschool class and recommended it.
- Matching Letter Block Game: Love this for introducing words and connecting objects with their names.
- LCD Writing Tablet: Great for practicing letters, numbers and doodling as well as car entertainment.
- Puzzles: This wooden shapes puzzle is amazing! Chase loves it! / Floor Puzzles / Chase still enjoys his Melissa & Doug Wood Puzzle Box Sets but they were more challenging for him when he was 3 years old.
- Wipe Clean Activity Book
- ABC Flash Cards: Great for learning words and introducing letters at a young age.
- Puzzles: We love these wooden peg puzzles.
- Leap Frog Touch Lap Top: I swear this thing helped Chase learn his letters from an early age!
- The Gruffalo (Our whole family loves this one!)
- Dragons Love Tacos
- They All Saw a Cat
- Learning Library Books (There’s No Place Like Space and On Beyond Bugs are two of our favorites)
- Magic Tree House Series
- Pete the Cat Books
- National Geographic Kids Magazine Subscription (Chase gets so excited for his magazine mail deliveries!)
- The Day the Crayons Quit
- The Pigeon Books (Chase thinks these are hilarious!)
- The Pout Pout Fish
- Ultimate Book of Vehicles from Around the World (an interactive book Chase will “read” on his own)
- The Bear Snores On
- Be Kind (great message but trends a little older)
- Little Kids First Big Book of Science (great for curious minds but we have to break this one up a bit because it’s quite long)
- Never Touch a Monster (Touch and Feel Book)
- Giraffe’s Can’t Dance
- Llama Llama’s Little Library
- I Love You Just Like This (a seriously adorable book and great for kids who love Elmo)
- Little Blue Truck + Little Blue Truck’s Springtime
- Look Look Baby: Point and Match