This survey popped up on Lindsay’s blog this morning and since I still need to upload a video before I can share my San Francisco post with you guys, I figured this would make a fun Friday post in the meantime. You know I love surveys!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
A whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffin and a cappuccino.
Since I arrived at the San Francisco airport at 4:20 a.m., only one place was open and options were slim. Something is better than nothing and the muffin was tasty. I was hungry two hours later though.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I’m not sure. I make a conscious effort to drink water and carry a water bottle with me.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Jess’ Summer Shape Up Program! It’s fast and effective and the workouts fly by. I love it!
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I have no idea.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I am a big snacker! You can see some of my go-to healthy snacks in this post: My Favorite Healthy Snacks.
I also cannot resist eating peanut butter or almond butter right out of the jar. It’s still a daily occurrence in my life. So delicious!
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I share a lot of my lunches on the blog, so you probably already know the answer to this one. Since I’ve had to eat lunch in the break room at work lately, I’ve gravitated toward meals that incorporate foods that are easy to transport a like tuna salad, fresh fruit and nuts.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I’m not a fan of calling food “good” or “bad” but I’m assuming this question is asking about my favorite indulgent dish and my answer always has been and always will be ice cream.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I love my gummy vitamins!
11. How often do you eat out?
It varies. We will usually eat out on once or twice on the weekends or on a Friday night.
12. Do you eat fast food?
I don’t eat main meals at fast food chains (I do like Chipotle and Subway though, if you count those), but I will get dessert on the go with Ryan on occasion. I love Dairy Queen Blizzards!
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
Ryan and my dad, mom and sister.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes! But now my membership is free since I work at my gym. A pretty sweet perk!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I try to get eight hours of sleep, but most nights I get around seven.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I don’t plan cheat days. By some people’s standards, I probably “cheat” every single day. I just try to make conscious decisions about my food choices for the most part, but I eat crap from time to time, too. Sometimes that happens all week long!
17. Do you drink alcohol?
I’m not a big drinker, but I enjoy drinking socially with friends, having a glass or two of wine with Ryan and partying it up from time to time!
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Does Sadie count?
She’s my favorite running buddy!
Ryan and I go to the gym together, but we usually don’t work out together. When it comes to gym workouts, I’m a lone ranger unless I’m taking a group exercise class. Looove boot camp!
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I became excited about fitness.
Before my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, I felt like I was working out mostly for vanity reasons. I was going through the motions and working out felt like something I had to check off the list. My mom’s diagnosis completely shifted my mindset and made me want to work out for my health. I began reading a lot about fitness and healthy eating and eventually started this blog. From there, I began to discover new workouts I loved (strength training, BodyPump, circuit workouts, interval training) and developed a love for fitness. Now I really enjoy sharing this with others through the blog and through my job at the gym.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Went for a morning run yesterday in San Francisco!
Questions of the Afternoon
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What is your current favorite workout?
- How often do you eat out?
- What was the last healthy thing you did?