After feeling sick nearly the whole weekend, I’m a little apprehensive to eat anything too “out there” just yet, so a simple bagelwich sounded perfect when lunchtime rolled around. (Fish is seriously grossing me out right now, which, for a fish-lover like me, is quite odd. I hope my love of seafood returns fast!)
Along with my muenster cheese and raspberry jelly bagelwich, I ate some red pepper slices for some added nutrients. It was a rather small lunch for me (no Greek yogurt, nuts or anything on the side), but my morning snack was on the larger side, so I’m feeling quite satisfied.
I also drank a bottle of Cascade Ice pink grapefruit flavored sparkling water that I received from the company to try.
It was so, so good. I loved the fizz from the carbonation and the sweet but slightly tart flavor of pink grapefruit was spot-on. Delish!
First Big Girl Job
I have some exciting news on the family front! My sister accepted her first “big girl” job yesterday and will have a full-time job waiting for her two weeks after she graduates from the University of Florida.
Leslie was fortunate enough to be offered two full-time jobs within the past week… one in Tampa and one in Orlando. Initially (and selfishly) I was crossing my fingers for her to select the job in Orlando since I wanted her close to me, but eventually I realized that the job in Tampa truly is a better fit for her and can offer her the most professional growth in the long run.
I’m so excited for her! I can tell she feels a lot less stressed now that she has a job lined up. (Just in case you are feelin’ the heat on the job front, check out my post on how to find your first job.)
Leslie’s first “big girl” job made me start thinking about all of the jobs I’ve held throughout the years. When I started thinking about it, I’ve worked an awful lot!
In chronological order, here’s a list of my past (paid) jobs, beginning with my first job at the age of 15:
- Pool Attendant (I checked people in at our local community pool, cleaned the pool deck, etc.)
- Lifeguard + Swim instructor + Diving instructor
- Hostess at Applebee’s
- Marketing Intern for Raymond James Financial
- Marketing Intern for SeaWorld
- Tour Guide for UCF (This is where I had my awful run-in with a squirrel that scarred me for life)
- Public Relations Coordinator for UCF Student Government
- Public Relations Intern for FMPA
- Public Relations and Marketing Assistant for the Orlando Museum of Art (my first “big girl” job)
- Marketing Manager for ARAMARK
- Content Team Manager (Current job, Employer kept private for personal safety)
Questions of the Afternoon
- What is the most unusual job you’ve had?
- What has been your favorite job?
My most unusual job was probably working for SeaWorld because I had to drive around in a Shamu car (you can see a picture of my wheels here) and look like a total fool. My favorite job is my current job or when I worked as a lifeguard with all of my friends in high school. Nothing beats working with your best buds and enjoying the summer sun all day!