Today has been dedicated almost entirely to a freelance piece that I initially didn’t think would require that much time. For some reason, I just couldn’t figure out a way to begin the article, so I wrote the body, conducted a phone interview with a personal trainer and NASM instructor, and went back to tackle the beginning of the article once I was nearly done. Whatever works!
My due date isn’t until next Monday, but since it is the first article for a new client (The Training Edge), I want to submit it early.
By the time lunch rolled around, I was ready for a breather and a hot bowl of soup!
I added chopped chicken to the soup for a punch of protein and loved every last bite. So flavorful!
Moving right along…
First Trail Race
I know it’s only Wednesday, but I’m already psyched for this weekend.
This morning I signed up for my first trail race!
I’ve done some trail running on my own in Ocala (Sadie and I actually did a 5 mile trail run last Friday), but this will be my first experience as a participant in a trail run race.
Ryan registered as well, so we’re really looking forward to running the Long Play Trail Run together. I don’t have a time goal since I know I run significantly slower on trails, but I am pumped to run in a totally different environment. We registered for the five mile race, but there is also a half marathon and 33 1/2 mile option. Hardcore!
Of Possible Interest: Races and Fitness Challenges
- In need of some workout motivation? Check out Amanda’s Spring Bootie Buster Challenge and you could win lots of fun fitness-themed prizes!
- Participate in the Happy 5K Virtual Race to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society anytime between now and April 12. All participants will receive a glittery medal!
- For the triathletes out there, check out Caitlin’s IronMan March Challenge! Over the course of the month, complete 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking and 26.2 miles of running.
Question of the Afternoon
- Have you ever been trail running?
- Do you have a race coming up on your agenda?