September is upon us and I am more than ready for some cooler weather. Though I know I will be sweating my face off in Florida for another month or two, the beginning of September reminds me that fall is on its way. Hooray!
This month I have quite a few fun things on my agenda. In chronological order:
- Teaching My First TRX Class: Beginning tomorrow, I’ll be teaching a TRX class at my gym on Thursdays. I trained with one of the guys at my gym last week and am looking forward to taking over the class!
- Las Vegas for Merri’s Bachelorette Party: I am so excited for this bachelorette party I can barely stand it! The hype emails, texts and phone calls are in full force right now and my girlfriends and I are counting down the hours until our flights leave before dawn on Friday morning. Our itinerary for the weekend is basically a non-stop party. I’m a little scared.
- Avicii Pool Party: This is one of the items on our Vegas itinerary and I am psyched! I love Avicii and a bunch of his songs always seem to find their way on to my running playlists. Great pump-up music! I also went shopping for a new bathing suit for the party last Friday and stumbled upon some super sale bikinis at BCBG and Marshalls. (The BCBG bikinis were 80 percent off and the teal bottoms from Marshalls were only $5!)
- LiveStrong Training: At the end of the week next week, I’ll be participating in the second part of my training for this 12-week program for adult cancer survivors that is going to come to my gym very soon. I’m looking forward to it!
- Florida Blogger and Social Media Conference: I love this conference and am pretty sure I will be attending it in Orlando again this year. I learned so much last year and have it marked on my calendar. Assuming I am not craving a weekend at home after lots of traveling, I’ll be there! Just in case you’re interested, here are my recaps from the conference last year: Part I, Part II, Part III
- Trip to Canada: In late September I am heading to Quebec and cannot wait to explore. Lots of outdoor activities are on the agenda!
Lunch today was easy peasy. I simply reheated leftovers from last night’s dinner.
Last night I cooked up the amberjack that my dad got while spearfishing with all of us on Monday. I added corn and onion to the pan and seasoned everything with Old Bay, Garlic Gold and pepper before topping it with avocado.
It was just as good the second time around!
Question of the Afternoon
- What is one thing you’re looking forward to in September?