Today’s workout took me out of my usual routine. I found myself in a late morning Piloxing class in between shifts at work. I’ve taken Piloxing at my gym a handful of times before, but work conflicts have prevented me from taking it in the recent months.
Today I had a free hour at the same time as the class, so I headed into the gymnasium to kick and punch my little heart out for 50 minutes. I left sufficiently sweaty!
After class, I worked up until lunchtime rolled around and I had time to break away and meet up with Ryan for a smoothie lunch date. Ryan has been raving about the veggie blend smoothies at Smoothie King ever since he and his friend Eric tried them during a work break one day and I was excited to order one this afternoon.
I selected the carrot kale dream that combined carrots, kale, bananas, orange juice, apple juice and vanilla protein powder.
It was sweet and tasty but didn’t keep me full for nearly as long as I anticipated. An hour or so later, I felt grateful for the Kashi granola bar I threw into my purse before I left the house this morning.
And now for a little fun…
How Much Would You Pay For…
If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen this tweet last night:
(This is a billion-dollar idea that needs to become mainstream. Someone get on that!)
Anyway, as Ryan and I sat on the couch with Sadie last night, I shared my intense desire for delivery ice cream with him. This inevitably turned into the two of us playing one of our favorite hypothetical games that we’ve dubbed “How Much Would You Pay For…”
It’s a very basic and highly entertaining game that we play on hikes with Sadie or road trips. It’s like playing around with imaginary money since most of the hypotheticals we come up with will never happen. Here are some of last night’s “How Much Would You Pay For” questions along with my answers:
- How much would you pay for someone to show up at our front door with a bowl of your favorite ice cream right now? $30. Yes, I really wanted a bowl of ice cream last night.
- How much would you pay to be able to hear Sadie’s thoughts for one day? $800 (What’s sick is that I’d probably go higher than this and her thoughts would be, “CHICKEN!” “Walk!?” “I have to go potty.” “Let me out.” “FRISBEE!!!!!!!”)
- How much would you pay to be able to go back to college for one week? Assuming the week would not include any tests and all of my best friends would be there for a full week in our old sorority house, I’d probably pay $500+. (Yo, Kappa Delta, I think this would be an awesome alumnae fundraiser.) My girlfriends live all over the place, so the thought of having everyone together sounds incredible to me! <—For those still in college with your best friends, let this be a reminder to cherish your time!
Now it’s your turn…
Questions of the Afternoon
- How much would you pay for someone to deliver your favorite food to your front door any time you want it? (Yes, I realize this answer will be influenced by the value of the food.)
- How much would you pay to be able to hear your pet’s thoughts for one day?
- How much would you pay to be able to go back to college for one week, assuming the week would not include any tests and all of your best friends would be there?