On my plate:
- Smoked salmon sandwich with vegetable cream cheese, tomato and broccoli slaw
- Sliced red pepper
Since my mid-day meal included smoked salmon, which I rarely buy because it is so expensive, it made me think about what aspects of my diet would change if I were a millionaire and had tons of money at my disposal to buy all sorts of fun foods.
Here are the changes I would make to my food purchases if money were no object:
- Purchase only organic fruits and vegetables (not just the “dirty dozen“)
- Buy pre-sliced vegetables and fruit salads
- Buy only organic meats and milk (we already try to do this, but are sometimes swayed when the prices seem to skyrocket)
- Purchase pricier lean meats like bison
- Buy more gourmet nut butters
- Enjoy more seafood (crab claws, lobster, shellfish, scallops and pricier fish would be consumed regularly)
- Eat more gourmet cheese
- Eat more fancy nuts
- Enjoy different kinds of expensive chocolate daily
As you guys know, Ryan and I are very budget conscious and try to limit the amount of money we spend on our trips to the grocery store. Saving money and bargain shopping is actually kind of fun for me (I get this from my mom who bargain hunts like it’s her job!), but wouldn’t it be amazing not to have to think about a budget when it comes to fueling your body with healthy food?
Question of the Afternoon
- If you had unlimited funds, what foodie items would you spend your money on?