While eating breakfast this morning, I took some time to make a batch of hardboiled eggs before heading into my home office to start the work day.
I ended up eating two hard boiled egg whites as part of my afternoon snack along with a sliced apple and peanut butter. (I think hardboiled egg yolks are dry and gross unless they’re deviled eggs or used in egg salad. Sadie disagrees.) I then used three hardboiled eggs (two whole eggs + one egg white) to make egg salad for lunch today.
Between my breakfast, morning snack and lunch, its been quite an eggy day!
For lunch, I topped a bed of mixed greens with egg salad, raw corn that I cut off the cob, onions, tomato, green pepper and two pickles.
Plus a handful of white chocolate-covered pretzels for something sweet.
I blame Publix for reigniting my love of chocolate-covered pretzels. They sell bags of the sweet and salty little treats right by the checkout aisle and they’ve been my latest impulse buy of choice.
When it comes to impulse buys, the foods I tend to buy on impulse include:
- Ice Cream: Breyer’s Oreo Birthday Blast. Can’t get enough.
- White Cheddar Popcorn: I could eat 30,000 servings in on sitting.
- Salad Dressing: BOGO deals and fun new flavors always intrigue me.
- Cake Mix: I seem to stockpile cake mix for some unknown reason.
They call to me!
Question of the Afternoon
- What are your most common impulse buys at the grocery store?