I’m knee-deep in work today and feeling very productive, so let’s get to it!
Sometimes I make decisions that aren’t very smart.
Like making myself a smoothie when I’m already freezing cold!
Into the blender went:
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Three spoonfuls chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- Enough almond milk to get everything moving
While creamy and delicious, the smoothie left me shivering! What was I thinking?
Since I needed something to warm my belly, I made myself a bowl of steel cut oatmeal on the stove top about an hour after I polished off my smoothie.
I whisked two egg whites with some cinnamon and stirred them into the oats for the last few minutes of cooking for an additional punch of protein.
I first heard of adding egg whites to oatmeal in an old issue of Oxygen magazine years ago. Adding egg whites to oatmeal is a great option for upping the protein content of the hot cereal without changing the flavor or texture. I’m a fan! I just wish I would’ve had some fresh berries on hand to throw in as well.
Inside the Actors Studio
Do any of you guys out there enjoy the show Inside the Actors Studio?
I don’t watch it regularly (I actually have no idea when new episodes debut), but I always find the show interesting when I happen to tune in.
I had an old, rerun episode of the show saved on my DVR from when the cast of Modern Family was on and had a chance to watch it this weekend. The actors seemed so much like their characters in real life! And Ty Burrell (Phil) = Hilarious!
At the end of every show the host, James Lipton, asks each actor the same series of questions, which I thought might be fun for all of us to answer!
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Sooo… pick a few to answer in the comments section!
- What is your favorite word? Citrus (It sounds so fresh and clean!)
- What turns you on? A sense of humor and a kind, loving heart
- What profession would you not like to do? Accountant… or basically anything that involves Excel spreadsheets and finance.