Today’s blog post includes a short roundup of some last-minute fun holiday to-dos I have on my list and includes a $350 giveaway toward your last-minute holiday shopping this year. Thank you to RetailMeNot for sponsoring this post!
Can you believe Christmas is a week and a half away? WHAT!? I truly feel like this has been the fastest December of my entire life and there are still quite a few things I have left on my holiday to-do list.
- Go for a drive to look at Christmas lights
- Make homemade hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows
- Decorate a gingerbread house (I found an adorable one for only $7 at ALDI!)
- Watch ELF, Rudolph, Christmas Vacation and Home Alone
- Make Christmas cookies (I’m planning to make Mimi’s sugar cookies with my mom and sister)
Those are the mostly fun to-dos… but I still have some of the obligatory holiday-related to-dos on my list as well, most of which center around finding the perfect gifts for friends and family, wrapping presents and getting all of our travel plans in order. I’ve been sick with the flu and down for the count all week this week (I’ll share more on that tomorrow –ooph!) so I feel incredibly behind on my holiday shopping but since I’m all about online shopping these days anyway, I’m hoping this weekend will put me back on track.
Saving Money on Holiday Shopping
Thankfully I got a jump start on my holiday shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday but now that most of the super deals are over, I’m still on the lookout for savings, especially this time of year.
I’m sure most of you guys have heard of RetailMeNot by now – it’s such a helpful site for finding coupons, deals and e-gift cards – and I’ve been using the site and app for years to help me save money when I shop online. (RetailMeNot also has cashback offers and you can combine these with other offers to claim up to $30 cash back in one click!)
Before I buy anything online, I do a quick visit to RetailMeNot to see if a coupon code or a deal is available to help me save on my purchase.
From time to time I’ll feature some great weekend sales on my blog in my Things I’m Loving Friday roundup posts and RetailMeNot’s Deals Page is a great resource for finding some of these awesome savings.
Here are a few good deal gift ideas I found via RetailMeNot that popped out at me that I think might appeal to some of you out there as well:
- Buy 2, get 2 free beauty and accessories from Victoria’s Secret (great for stocking stuffers – I love their rollerball perfumes)
- Up to 60% off home decor clearance at Target (just take all my money!)
- $15 cash back when you spend $75 at Kohl’s (they have lots of cute holiday pajamas)
- $10 bonus gift card for every $50 gift card purchased at Panera Bread
- Up to 50% off GAP + 20% off site wide
- Free shipping on orders $45+ at Shutterfly
- 27 Stocking Stuffers Under $20 (oh hey $15 Kiehl’s travel set!)
- 24 Gifts for Hard To Buy For People
RetailMeNot actually helped me find out about the 40% and 50% off deals I utilized on Black Friday to shop for pajama, clothing and accessory gifts for my family from Gap and Old Navy and the deals I used to shop at Kohl’s for everyone as well.
Also, if you prefer in-person shopping, definitely check out the RetailMeNot app which alerts you to nearby offers that can be redeemed directly from your phone at checkout!
$350 VISA Gift Card Giveaway
I am so thrilled to be teaming up with RetailMeNot to offer a $350 VISA gift card to one lucky giveaway winner to help with any last-minute holiday shopping. To enter the giveaway, simply click here to check out the RetailMeNot website and then leave a comment below telling me about the deal you’re most excited to use for your holiday shopping this year. I will randomly select a winner first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck!!