This morning flew by for me! Before I knew it, I was running out the door to meet up with Ryan for a fast lunch at noon coupled with mattress shopping.
We stopped by Firehouse Subs before our shopping adventures and I ordered a sub with ham, turkey, roast beef, cheese and lots of veggies.
They accidentally made me a large sub and it was pretty darn massive! Luckily I was hungry and managed to do quite a number on that bad boy, with only a bite or two leftover. (Where was Sadie when I needed her?)
Ryan and I also shared a crazy drink concoction from the 100 flavor Coke machine. So fun!
Once we were done with our subs, we walked to a mattress store in the same shopping plaza to check out some mattresses for on top of our new bed.
All of our previous mattresses have been either hand-me-downs or second hand mattresses from craigslist.com or freecycle.org.
Now that we bought a new bed and need a king size mattress, we decided to spring for a new one. (<—Pun!)
As a first-time mattress shopper, I was surprised to find the experience pretty fun! We laid on a bunch of different mattresses and spoke with a salesman who told us all about the benefits of various levels of firmness and softness.
Ryan likes firm beds and I like a super soft mattress that basically envelops the sleeper. Fortunately we found one we think will work for both of us, but didn’t want to buy it right away without looking around a bit and comparison shopping.
Surprisingly enough, neither Ryan nor I have minded sleeping on an air mattress for the past two months, but I think having a real mattress will be quite an improvement. Hopefully we’ll settle on one within the next week.
And now, back to researching… and fact checking. Fun!
BIC Bands Giveaway Winners
Congratulations to the four winners of the BIC Bands giveaway!
- #429, Stephanie: “I LOVE the thick black and white polka dot one! Super cute!”
- #283, Tracie: “The sparkly ones are so cute! I like the polka dots too. I have never found an headband that actually stays in place, so I’d love to try these out!”
- #1670, Jillian: “I love the skinnie minnie black sparkle, maybe kinda plain from all the choices but I still love it!”
- #1468, Arlene: “Ohh, bic bands look awesome! Headbands never stay on my head… I know this sounds boring, but I would love the deep purple solid skinny band!”
Please email me at email@example.com with your mailing address and the BIC Band you would like to receive.
Of Possible Interest
- It May Be Time to Increase Your Dumbbell Weight (FitSugar.com)
- My interview with A Duck in Her Pond (ADuckInHerPond.com)
- 10 Healthy Soup Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less (Delish.com)
- Chicago Bears fans: Check out these adorable Bears Care t-shirts, on sale to help increase breast cancer awareness (Thank you to Kathleen for this link!)