This year I have a couple of goals for myself:
- Run my third half marathon: I’m signed up for the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll half in November and Ryan may even run it with me! (The amazingly hysterical SkinnyRunner Sarah is running the full.) I had such a good time running the Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll half in August of this year and couldn’t resist signing up for another Rock ‘n’ Roll race that’s a little closer to home.
- Improve my photography skills: The area of my blog that frustrates me the most is my photography. Photography isn’t naturally a huge interest of mine. (I snap nearly every picture in the “Auto” mode.) I’m more interested in telling the story than showing it, but I want to feel good about the pictures I’m posting on PBF. I’m taking a class on January 19 and am excited to learn more!
- Read more: As a child, I was a read-a-holic. After my parents would put me to bed, I would throw the covers over my head and curl up under the sheets with a flashlight to read in secret. I love getting lost in a book and hope to cuddle up with a book more often. Book recommendations are welcome!
- Do at least one out-of-the-ordinary workout a month: I love my workout routine. I do strength training Monday, Wednesday and Friday and cardio Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I’m totally comfortable in my current routine which is good… and bad. Because I’m so comfortable in my routine, I’ve found that I am not pushing myself as much in the gym. I want to try new strength workouts, group exercises classes and cardio routines to spice things up a bit.
- Improve correspondence with out-of-state friends: I absolutely love my friends and those who live a plane ride away mean the world to me. Unfortunately our lives get busy and I often feel like a bad friend for not calling my friends who live in other states when other things in my day-to-day life get in the way. Thankfully my friend Leah is getting married in July and our group of childhood girlfriends will be reunited again a couple times in 2011. I can’t wait to see her walk down the aisle!
- Make church a priority: I would like to attend church more regularly and work on growing my relationship with God.
- Continually improve the blog: I cannot believe how much blogging has changed my life. I absolutely love writing and sharing my life with you guys. Your readership, comments and emails keep me motivated and I hope to continue to use PBF as a creative outlet to share ideas, events, recipes, workouts and more.
What is one of your goals for 2011?