You may also check out my Amazon Store where you’ll find a Gift Guide for Her page for anyone who might want to reference it in the future for last-minute ideas and shopping. I hope this is all helpful to you this holiday season!
Gift Guide for Her
Move over fiery candles, candle warmer lamps are here! Okay, okay, I take that back. I will forever love candles and traditional matches but candle warming lamps are seriously cool. They heat the wax of a candle to slowly release the candle’s scent at a rate 2 times slower than burning candles, making your candle last longer than the traditional burn. Many are available on a dimmer as well and I love the idea of setting one of these small lamps up on the kitchen counter with a pine or cinnamon-scented candle during the holiday season.
Corkboard / Family Calendar
Once we move into our new home, we will have a mudroom for the first time ever and I’m thrilled to have a dedicated place for our kids to put their jackets, backpacks and shoes. This area will also serve as our family drop zone where we’re going to have a giant bulletin board mounted on the wall that includes a family calendar, important documents, kid activity schedules, etc. There are a lot of beautiful family calendar options out there but I wanted a corkboard for our family that I could attach papers and kid art projects to and opted for this simple design I found on Etsy (with the gold hardware). It’s gorgeous in its minimal style and I love that you can choose mounting hardware that matches your home. I think a personalized family calendar or large corkboard would be a welcomed gift for anyone with kids and a million schedules to juggle every day.
A few options: Personalized Acrylic Family Calendar (lots of color + hardware color options)/ Modern Cork Board (the one I bought!)/ Large Framed Whiteboard Calendar / Long Acrylic Calendar / Personalized Cork Board / Pin Board (love the soft felt look of this one)
Christmas/Holiday Memory Book
Every year, Ryan and I give the boys an ornament that captures something about them during the last year of their life. It usually centers around their interests and loves from the prior year and I was looking for a cute little Christmas notebook to use to keep track of the ornaments we get for the boys every year and why we chose them. That Google search lead me to this Christmas memory book on Etsy and I thought it was absolutely adorable! It appears simple enough to fill out every year with a photo, spot for a family Christmas card and a holiday memory or two and I’m excited to look back on this notebook over the years. This is the kind of gift I think might appeal to mother with young children as a Christmas keepsake she can fill up with favorite holiday memories.
Winter Apparel + Accessories Favorites
Give me alllll the warm and cozy winterwear this time of year! Here are a few favorites I think would make a wonderful gift:
UGG Ultra Minis: I stand by UGGs because the pair I’ve had since college has held up incredibly well. Last year I bought a pair of UGG ultra minis and adore them so much. They’re just as warm and cozy as you’d expect from a pair of UGGS but the smaller profile makes them more flattering on my legs (no cankles)! I also have and love my black UGG ankle mini boots and my waterproof UGGs (I have them in cream) for rainy days.
Amazon Hoodie: I cannot tell you how many of you have purchased and love this hoodie! The quality is fantastic — nice and thick and warm — and it’s a great dupe for the $118 lululemon Scuba Hoodie. I’ve been living in mine!
lululemon Align Joggers: Yes, the align leggings are wonderful and worthy of the hype but the joggers are just as comfortable. I reach for my align joggers over all others and wear them multiple times a week this time of year.
Custom Birth Month Flower Sweatshirt: I did this one for my mom and mother-in-law with the birth month flowers of their grandbabies!
I one of these memory boxes for each of our boys and cannot recommend them enough. I gave two to my sister as well for my nieces and this may sound dramatic but they truly have helped reduce stress when it comes to properly storing kid projects and important documents. Now I never have to second guess where I stored health-related documents, school pictures, art projects, etc. Plus, the boys have already caught onto the fact that they each have a “special box” and seem to love looking through folders from past years from time to time.
Admittedly this isn’t a gift every woman would love but when I shared I was having fun with my recent embroidery kit with some of my girlfriends, I was surprised by how many of them shared an interest in this hobby! A beginning embroidery kit is perfect for novices with an interest in embroidery and there are so many options out there so you can choose one that best fits their interests and aesthetics.
Of course Barefoot Dreams blankets are a safe bet and a sure-fire hit but if you’re looking to change things up and gift a throw blanket with a more personalized feel, custom blankets are adorable and oh-so-cozy!
Some fun options: On Repeat Initial Blanket (my fav — love the idea of doing this one in a last name initial) / Smiley Initial Blanket (could also be so cute for a kids’ room!) / Spell It Out Blanket / Sweater Fleece Blanket
Additional Gift Ideas
- Slip Silk Hair Ties (I use one in my hair every night — so soft and great for reducing bumps from too-tight hair ties. The dupes don’t hold a candle to these!)
- Embroidered Family Portrait (I’ve been eyeing this one for years!)
- Beauty Favorites: Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm / Hyper! Vitamin C Dark Spot Brightening Serum / ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm / Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment /
- Portable Travel Mirror (I never could’ve predicted how much I use mine! Great for travel but also for doing makeup at the kitchen counter or around the house while the boys are playing.)
- Family Recipe Platter or Cutting Board (I had a platter made with my grandma’s sugar cookie recipe on it in her handwriting for my mom and she loved it!)
- Microfiber Hair Towel (Reduces drying time and so soft)
- Personalized Jewelry (Dainty Cursive Name Necklace / Photo Picture Bracelet / Birth Month Flower Necklace / Lulucherry ILY Initial Necklace (code pbfingers gets you 10% off orders $50+ from this small shop! ) / Birth Flower Ring)
- Keychain Wallet (I have one attached to my O-Venture key ring and it’s so convenient.)
- Custom Embroidered Pet Portrait (I gave Ryan an embroidered pet portrait of Sadie and one of the boys’ teachers a pet portrait of her dog from this shop and they did an incredible job.)
- Custom Coasters (Personalize with pics of grandkids, kids, pets, etc.)
- Electric Kettle + New Mug (My sister and I both have this electric kettle — love the gooseneck design! — and I use it regularly for an afternoon cup of tea.)
- Slippers (Forever a holiday fav! Some options: Madewell Sherpa Slippers / Anthropologie Teddy Slippers / Gray UGG Slippers — on my wishlist! / Pillow Slippers — my mom and I wear ours year-round)
- Diamond Painting Kit (Great for crafty women! Personalize it by picking a design that reminds you of them — they even have custom kits available where you can submit a pic of your pet. I got one for my mom last year and she really liked it!)
- Makeup Eraser (This super-soft towel easily removes makeup and makes a fantastic stocking stuffer!)
- Portable Charger (A practical gift that will get a lot of use, especially for the on-the-go woman.)
- Candle + Electric Lighter or Match Cloche (This one makes my gift guide every year because an electric lighter is something I never knew was missing from my life until I bought one and it blew my mind. I love the idea of pairing a candle with this stunning match cloche for a gift for a hostess gift!)
- Mini Photo Album Key Chain (Love this idea for a grandmother to carry around pics of her grandbabies!)
- Bird Feeder (This circle fly-though bird feeder is unique and beautiful!)
- BOMBAS Socks (I have my whole family addicted.)