The recipe for my friend Leah’s mom’s delicious homemade granola!
Leah’s mom, Phyllis, made me a batch of her homemade granola when I was in Chicago for my bachelorette party and I raved about it on the blog with promises that I would eventually get the recipe and post it for you guys to enjoy.
Without further ado, here it is:
- 8 c. old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 c. wheat germ (1/2 jar)
- 1 c. grated coconut (optional)
- 1/3 c. each of chopped cashews and almonds
- 2 c. sesame seeds
- 2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 c. honey
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the liquids separately until well blended.
- Coat dry ingredients with liquid ingredients.
- Spread onto an ungreased cookie sheet or two 9×13 pans.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min. Then reduce to 250 and turn every 10-15 minutes until browned to suit taste.
This recipe makes a lot of granola, but you can easily make half of the recipe or a quarter of it if there’s only one of you and you don’t want to swim in granola.
Or you can make all of it and be like me and eat it non-stop for days because it really is that good.
Calories per 1/4 c. serving = 208 (Thank you to blog reader Meredith for calculating this!)