I’ve really been feelin’ pasta lately.
Today’s lunch centered around whole wheat pasta that I topped with shrimp. I also steamed some cauliflower that I then mashed with a fork and stirred into marinara sauce before pouring it over the pasta and stirring everything together.
The cauliflower gave the marinara sauce a thicker texture that I really enjoyed. If you hate cauliflower, this might be a good way to try to incorporate it into your diet since I couldn’t really taste it!
Questions of the Month: March
This month’s “Questions of the Month” feature focuses on two beauty products since I’ve received a few repeat questions about my mascara and sunless tanner.
Heeere we go!
- What kind of mascara do you use?
I used to be a die-hard L’Oreal Voluminous mascara fan. I still absolutely love that mascara, but for the past two months, I’ve been using Almay Get Up & Grow mascara and I am obsessed with it.
I tried it on a whim when I was going through some of my mom’s makeup over Christmas and it was love at first swipe.
It’s not clumpy and the brush coats my eyelashes better than any other mascara I’ve tried in the past. It should be noted that while nearly every beauty magazine and billions of women seem to love Maybelline Great Lash mascara (the one that comes in the pink and green tube), I think it’s horrible, so if you prefer that kind of mascara, we may not share similar taste.
- Do you use sunless tanner? What is your favorite kind?
I do, but not that often. I am currently rationing my all-time favorite sunless tanning lotion, Dove Energy Glow, because it was discontinued. I absolutely LOVED that lotion and am on my very last bottle. It was perfect because it added subtle color gradually and didn’t smell horrific. If there’s a sunless tanning lotion out there that smells good and doesn’t make you look orange, please let me know!
As for sunless tanner for my face, I use L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted One Day Gel.
I cannot find it in-store anywhere in Ocala, so I have to order it off Amazon, but it lasts for a long time! A tiny drop goes a long way and blends into my skin without looking artificial, orange or thick. I put it on after my face lotion and love the lightweight feel.
Past Questions of the Month:
- February 2013: Creating workout images, favorite crock pot, timing circuit workouts
- January 2013: Tips for new bloggers, wrist wallet for running fuel, 5K training plans
- November 2012: Red lipstick, vitamins and non-healthy living blogs
- July 2012: Sadie’s harness, half marathon training, peanut butter
- March 2012: Heart rate monitor/running watch, roasting vegetables, planning workouts, protein powder
Question of the Afternoon
- Do you regularly wear mascara or sunless tanner? What are your favorites?