When I want dinner, I want dinner now. I don’t like to spend an inordinate amount of time chopping, slicing and dicing in the kitchen and often opt for recipes that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
An excellent website for super-fast and super-simple recipes is Real Simple. I visited the site this afternoon and typed “salmon” into the recipe search box and was inundated with several pages of quick and easy recipes featuring the flavorful fish.
When I stumbled upon a recipe for honey-soy glazed salmon that only required two ingredients (honey + soy sauce), I knew I had a winner.
Everything came together in no time at all. Within 15 minutes of prepping the fish, I was enjoying a delicious filet of salmon that reminded me of a dish I would order at a wonderful Asian restaurant.
This dinner was a winner! I will definitely be making this salmon again!
Honey-Soy Glazed Salmon (Recipe from Real Simple)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4-pound piece), cut into 4 pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the honey and 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
- Place the salmon on a foil-lined broiler-proof baking sheet and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Broil for 5 minutes. Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon and broil until the salmon is opaque throughout, 2 to 5 minutes more.