Today is Sadie’s second birthday. Look how teeny she used to be!
Picture overload, I know. I just love my lil’ puppers so darn much.
Do you celebrate your pet’s birthday?
In honor of Sadie’s birthday, I thought I’d share a few fun facts about her with you:
- Sadie is 34 pounds, about 10 pounds smaller than the average female vizsla.
- Sadie’s favorite toy is a stuffed pig named Pig Pig and she knows it by name.
- Sadie loves lakes and jumping off my parents’ boat into the water… but is afraid of pools and waves at the beach.
- Sadie can run 6+ miles and still want to keep running.
- Sadie is a cuddler and must be touching some part of you whenever she’s sitting or laying down.
- Sadie has very stinky gas.
- Ryan and I always forgot to work on Sadie’s tricks before puppy training class and would teach them to her five minutes before class. Luckily, she always remembered!
- Sadie was featured on The Daily Puppy.
- Sadie won the 2009 Baldwin Park Doggie Derby (description below).
(Please excuse the following ode to Sadie…)
Sadie’s actually quite a famous dog. Well, not really, but she did win the Baldwin Park Doggie Derby last year.
Someone at the dog park told us about the doggie derby on a Friday afternoon because he saw how crazy and fast Sadie was when she was running around at the park. The derby took place that Saturday and the entry fee was $15 and all the proceeds went to a charity. It sounded like a neat event, so we signed up that evening and headed out for the derby the next morning.
To participate in the derby, one owner stands at the start line, while the other stands at the finish line. Sadie is extremely owner-motivated, and this worked to our advantage. Vizslas in general are known as velcro dogs and Sadie definitely is one. She doesn’t understand the concept of personal space. The minute I started walking away from Ryan when he was holding Sadie at the start line, she was ready to take off! When he let her go, she shot out like a mad dog for the finish line!
First, she shocked us by winning her weight class (middle weight), and then she shocked us once again by beating out approximately 100 other dogs to win the overall competition. She got a trophy and everything! Ryan and I were proud puppy parents. Sadie was even mentioned in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper! It was the proudest day of her life. 😉
And that concludes my Sadie love fest (for now…).
At today’s BodyPump class, the normal Wednesday instructor was out sick, so another teacher took her place. Fortunately I really liked the man who replaced my go-to instructor, and I had a great workout. He selected songs from a variety of BodyPump tracks, which kept me really interested. I love not knowing what to expect in BodyPump!
After class, I did 25 minutes of light cardio on the adaptive motion trainer while reading the latest issue of Shape.
Have any of you ever tried the adaptive motion trainer?
It’s definitely funky at first, but I like it a lot once I find my rhythm. It’s a nice alternative to the elliptical.
Breakfast today was a chocolate explosion! I am loving cocoa oatmeal lately and cooked up a creamy batch this morning.
I started with steel cut oats and stirred in one scoop of All the Whey chocolate peanut butter cup protein powder and a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
I enjoyed my cocoa oats with a hot tumbler full of my gym’s free Barnie’s cinnamon butter cookie coffee.