Yesterday morning she apparently rolled into what I can only assume was feces of the smelliest animal on the planet so our bath-hating little lady got quite the scrub down. She’s stink-free but we have couch cushions to clean today because she laid all over our couch before we had the chance to clean her. It should make for a rockin’ Friday, don’t you think?
I’m hoping couch cleaning will be the low point of our weekend because we actually have a lot of fun stuff on the agenda. Chase’s BFF’s birthday party is on Saturday and we have dinner plans with friends on Sunday night. We’re hoping to squeeze in some boat time as well.
And now let’s dive into the usual Friday shenanigans around here and chat a little bit about what we’re loving this week, shall we?
Things I’m Loving Friday
Stranger Things Season 3
I’m dying to talk about the third season of Stranger Things! Anyone else out there a fan of this show? For me and Ryan, it’s one of “our shows” in that it’s a show we both love equally and get really into so we couldn’t wait for the third season to debut on Netflix earlier this month. We finished up the final episode of the season this week and I was a huge fan! Though the first season is a hard one to top, the third season ranks really high up there for me. I loved the various plot lines, unexpected humor, and the straight-out-of-the-80s outfits, hair, makeup and the MALL. Oh and Dustin. He’s my fav!
How handy is this salad dressing cheat sheet from Cup of Jo via Love and Lemons!? I saved this image to my phone for easy access when I want to make a salad dressing from scratch. I love the beautiful graphic and easy-to-follow dressing recipes. The sesame orange is calling to me!
Pure Aqua Pineapple Strawberry Sparkling Water
My fellow ALDI fans, you have to give this sparkling water a try! It was a random add to an Instacart order a while back and now I’ve been buying it every time I make a trip to ALDI because I love it so much. It tastes like summertime in a can and the pineapple strawberry flavor is strong without overwhelming the sparkling water too much. It’s so refreshing and also tastes great with a splash of vodka if you’re looking for a little buzz!
If you read fashion blogs or follow fashion influencers on Instagram, I’m sure you’re already well aware that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is in full swing. Today is actually the first day the sale is open to the public (it opened last week for Nordstrom card holders) so I figured I’d highlight a few items I bought from the sale, a few things I already own and love and a few finds that popped out at me in case you’re hoping to take advantage of the sale this weekend.
- Madewell Slingback Bootie (perfect summer-to-fall transition shoe! This bootie is similar and $15 cheaper but I prefer the lower cut of the Madewell pair I ordered.)
- Zella Live In High Waist Pocket 7/8 Legging (the 7/8 length is my fav and this legging is very smoothing + flattering)
- North Face Fleece Hoodie (because as much as I’d love to get dressed in “real” clothes every day, this cozy fleece falls right into my athleisure wheelhouse)
- Camo Cropped Hoodie (I’m a sucker for anything camo and know I’ll live in this one in the fall/winter)
ITEMS I ALREADY OWN AND LOVE:
- Moonlight Pajamas (hands down the comfiest pjs ever and my go-to gift for women I love — available in short and long)
- Liverpool Pull-On Jeans (I own two pairs of Liverpool pull-on jeans and they’re a DREAM. So stretchy and comfortable and this is coming from someone who typically finds jeans very restrictive and not comfy at all.)
- BP Longline Cardigan (lots of colors — I have the mustard yellow and wore it constantly last fall/winter — see it on here)
- Nike Fleece Hoodie (so cozy and a fall + winter staple for me — see it on here)
- Nike Epic React Running Sneakers (My go-to running shoe)
- Hydro Flask 32-Ounce Water Bottle with Straw Lid (LOVE this color and my Hydro Flasks so much!)
- Zella Live In High Waist Leggings (very smoothing and they hold everything in)
- Barefoot Dreams Cardigan (aka the coziest cardigan that makes it feel like you’re wearing a robe — all the women in my family own this one!)
- Rails Hunter Plaid Shirt (a splurge but I’ve had my Rails plaid shirt for years and quality + material = amazing)
- Hunter Waterproof Rain Boots
- Nike Indy Sports Bra (ideal for small chests that want a little shape with their support)
- Adidas Edge Lux 3 Sneakers (Love the heathered gray color)
- Zella Fusion Sports Bra (a great high-neck option)
- Sweaty Betty Cropped Racerback Tank
- Nike Free Training Shoe
CLOTHING + SHOES:
- Chambray Shirtdress (would be so cute with a plaid top tied around the waist and ankle booties for the fall)
- Block Heel Bootie
- Denim Skirt (anyone else psyched denim skirts are back in style!?)
- BB Dakota Jumpsuit (classy and absolutely gorgeous — available in three colors but I love the red)
- Barefoot Dreams Throw Blanket (the coziest fabric and a great gift idea for the holidays)
- Spinner Luggage Set (majorly coveting the blush pink set)
- Starlight Diffuser (a diffuser that’s actually attractive and not a total eye sore)
- Slip Silk Pillowcase (the anti-aging, anti-sleep crease and anti-bed head pillowcase)
- Moto Joggers
- Glow in the Dark Space PJs (I had to get these for Chase!)
- Denim Joggers
- VANS Skate Sneaker
- Nike Presto Sneaker (love the bubblegum pink color)
- Denim Jeggings
- Flutter Swing Top (looks like a mini Anthropologie top!)
Favorite Toddler Muffin Recipes (Just in case your little ones are muffin-obsessed like our boys!)
Upper Body Strength Pulse Hold Workout (A sneaky hard upper body burner!)
Question of the Day
What is one thing making you smile today?