Before signing off for the weekend, I wanted to keep things consistent over here and share some of the things that are making me smile this week, Things I’m Loving Friday style! Please feel free to participate in the comments section. Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
Things I’m Loving
I gave this recipe a shout out in a blog post I shared back in 2016 about 10 blogger recipes I make again and again. (I also wrote a follow up post to that one that I shared last fall featuring an updated list of the 10 blogger recipes I make most often if you’d like to check it out!) Fast forward four years and Brittany’s pumpkin spice latte is still a favorite of mine this time of year. I love that it incorporates real pumpkin into the recipe and it combines the best flavors of fall in one creamy, steamy latte!
@biglittlefeelings on Instagram
This account is one of my favorites when it comes to motherhood and parenting-related content. The women who run it are real and likable (hooray for showcasing greasy hair and messy houses!) but beyond that, the knowledge they share regarding discipline and understanding and embracing a child’s emotions is incredibly helpful to me. They emphasize things like honoring and talking about feelings, open communication and boundaries and I feel like I am constantly walking away from their page with tips to implement with our boys that feel kind yet firm and incredibly helpful. It’s been a great resource for me and I wanted to share it here as well in case it might be helpful to any of you as well.
Emily In Paris
I saw a bunch of people watching and recommending this show on Instagram and turned to it for my latest nursing entertainment this week. It didn’t blow me away but it’s cute, upbeat and entertaining and a good mindless TV escape. I saw one influencer compare it to Sex and the City and while I think it falls short of that show on the fashion and overall plot line front, I get where they are coming from and ￼think that fans of SaTC would likely enjoy this one as well. Also, the episodes are short (30ish minutes) so it’s easy to fly through one without feeling like you have to carve out a full hour of TV time.
Amazon Prime Day Finds
Did any of you guys take advantage of Amazon Prime Day on Tuesday and Wednesday? I didn’t get any big-ticket items but I did nab a few things I’ve had on my radar so I’ll consider my Prime Day shopping experience a success. Here’s what I ended up ordering (and pictured above is what has already arrived):
- Large Cotton Rope Storage Basket — You can never have enough storage containers and I think this one will be great for holding the boys’ toys.
- Outfoxed! Whodunit Game — Ryan heard great things about this one and ordered it for Chase for Christmas this year.
- Multi-Plug Outlet Extender with USB — Because I’m forever wishing we had more outlets in our house.
- Echo Dot Smart Speaker + Wall Mount — We love our smart speakers and use them constantly to ask the weather forecast, listen to music, help find recipes, find fast answers our kids’ random questions, check local business opening/closing times, etc.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray — I have very fine, silky hair and love the way this adds texture and grit to my hair, making styling a little easier.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides — I put collagen in my coffee every morning and jumped at the savings on this one.
- Packing Cubes — Because I’m forever on a mission to be a more organized traveler.
- Silicone Pacifier Clip — A little somethin’ somethin’ for Baby Rhett!
- Ticket To Ride Board Game — After seeing multiple people rave about this game, I ordered it because it was on super sale. I know our boys are too young for it right now but I’m hoping it will be fun in the future!
- Toddler Sneakers — I nabbed the dark gray color.
Pumpkin Paleo Oatmeal (Festive, tasty and Paleo-friendly! This recipe also makes a large portion so it’s great for those who genuinely enjoy eating larger meals!)
Incredibly Easy Black Bean Dip (The perfect dip to serve for football Sundays!)
Question of the Day
What is one thing you’re loving this week?