Guess what? Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
You probably already knew that, but if you’re anything like me, you feel clueless as to how to make that special someone in your life feel extra special on February 14.
I figured we could put our heads together and come up with some creative ways to show the special people in our lives how much we care. Feel free to share your Valentine’s Day ideas in the comments section! (I could use all the help I can get this year, as I’m running out of creative ideas since this will be my ninth Valentine’s Day with Ryan!)
Below you will find some of the Valentine’s Day (or anniversary) crafts and date ideas Ryan and I have done for each other throughout the years that have received rave reviews from the recipient!
- Candy Hearts Poster: I made Ryan a poster that revolved around the sayings found on the candy hearts that are always for sale around Valentine’s Day. It took some time to come up with what I wanted the poster to say since the sayings on the candy hearts can be super hokey, but it was such a fun (and delicious!) project.
- Now That I’ve Kissed the Ground You Walked On + Trail of Hershey Kisses: I totally stole this idea from a guy in high school who used it to ask a friend of mine to the prom! I placed a trail of Hershey Kisses from the front door of Ryan’s apartment into his bedroom where I had this sign propped up on his bed, along with more Hershey Kisses, the above poster and homemade cupcakes, asking him to be my valentine.
- Met, Engaged, Married Embroidered Map: This gift popped up on the blog back in October when I gave it to Ryan for our one-year wedding anniversary. I got the idea from a map project that I saw on Pinterest and changed it slightly to read “Met, Engaged, Married.” (The original read “Met, Married, Live.”) A map of the location of each of these special events in our relationship filled the picture space above the corresponding text.
- Love Quotes, Nicknames and Sayings Poster: This was one of my favorite valentines from Ryan! He filled a poster board with love quotes, nicknames we have for each other and goofy little sayings we seem to say all the time in our relationship. I felt like it was essentially “us” on a poster!
- Scrapbook: For our first Valentine’s Day together, I gave Ryan a homemade scrapbook and filled it with photos, captions and admission tickets that captured the first year of our relationship. Be prepared: This takes hours and hours of work. Phew.
- My favorite: A Valentine’s Day Mission. Create a budget (Ryan and I do $15 – $20) and both leave the house at the same time, setting a time limit during which you both have to get each other a bunch of little Valentine’s Day gifts! (You may see how we did this idea here and here.) We have also gone to the mall together and split up for an hour to each buy each other an outfit to wear on a date that evening. So fun!
- Make a special dinner together and then go out for dessert.
- Go out to dinner and order for each other.
- Go on a picnic. (This obviously works better in Florida and the warmer states!)
- One person makes a homemade dinner while the other makes dessert.
- Book a night at a nearby bed and breakfast.
- Enjoy a gourmet brunch at a local restaurant.
- Breakfast in bed! (Heart shaped pancakes are both totally corny and totally delicious.)
Questions of the Day
- What is your favorite Valentine’s Day memory?
- What is the coolest thing you’ve ever done for someone for Valentine’s Day?