I do, however, have one workout buddy that I absolutely adore:
Sadie is the best running partner because:
- She is always in the mood to run
- Her pace is faster than mine, so I never have to drag her along (Quite the opposite, really)
- She takes time to jump around, pick up sticks and enjoy the run
- I never feel pressure to run faster or slower than I want to with her
Her energy is unsurpassed by any human or animal I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. She really is a non-stop dog, and while this can get annoying at times, it makes her the perfect running, hiking and walking companion.
This morning I leashed Sadie up for a 5-mile run in the dark.
I felt really strong in the beginning, but was definitely ready to be done by the last mile. I felt my tummy grumbling!
Post-run, I made myself a strawberry banana smoothie.
I was craving something cold since my body was dripping in sweat.
Into the blender went:
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop All the Whey strawberry protein powder
- 2/3 c. cold water
- 6 ice cubes
This smoothie hit the spot! I drank it rather quickly as I drove to my Invisalign appointment.
I think drinking my smoothie so fast made me feel extra-full. I wasn’t all that hungry when my morning snack time rolled around. Still, I love my morning snack time, and made myself a quesadilla (Colby jack cheese microwaved on a Joseph’s whole wheat tortilla) anyway!
Question of the Day
Do you prefer working out alone or with a partner? Who is your favorite workout partner?