Run, Run, Run Playlist

Initially Ryan and I planned to take Sadie on a hike on one of our favorite trails today. After church and lunch, we started to lose motivation to drive all the way out to the trails and opted to hang around home.

I figured I would update my iPod with some new workout music. As I downloaded some new tunes, I started to crave a run. Once I created a new playlist, I just had to get out there and run and this little lady was happy to be my running buddy. saperia fitness 090 We tackled five miles while I jammed out to this playlist:

playlistHighlights include song #2, song #3 and song #5. Oh and I’m sure you’re completely shocked to see Dynamite on that list, aren’t you? ;)

I’m not gonna lie, I definitely lip-synced the heck out of “Firework” when I was running with Sadie. And “If I Ever Fall In Love Again” may be one of my all-time favorite songs. No surprise that it’s acapella.

Though this playlist was super-motivating, the run itself felt tough. It was so beautiful outside and my mind and insides felt like running, but it was quite obvious to me that I haven’t run in several weeks.

I felt quite sluggish and just plain heavy. It was actually a great motivator to kick my cardio workouts up a notch. I’ve been doing “comfortable” workouts and really want to get back to pushing myself a bit more. I love the interval workouts and want to work those back into my regular regimen. No better time than the start of a new year, huh?

Dinner

Dinner tonight was a lazy girl’s dream.pizza 004I sliced up a large red bell pepper and served it along side three slices of California Pizza Kitchen’s BBQ chicken pizza.pizza 006 CPK seriously makes the best frozen pizzas. The crust is thin and crispy, the toppings are generous and the flavor is on point. YUM.

The rest of the evening will be spent watching Bad Boys on TV before reading The Hunger Games with Ryan. :D Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Comments

1. Maxine says

ahhhhhh how awesome of you for having a Shai song on your iPod, especially that one in particular!!!! I loooove them and every time I ask people if they remember Shai they say no.

2. Melissa says

Yes! I love Shai, too!!! Baby I’m Yours is my fav and yes, it is on my playlist. :)

Sorry you had such a crummy run! I had the same thing happen the other day. I just kept telling myself the next one would be better & did some yoga today instead. That always feels great to me!

My run felt that way too today! Maybe I should get some of these songs to pump me up for next time. Haven’t heard any of the Burlesque soundtrack yet so that could be fun!

I always get motivated by new playlists, you would think I would make them more! I am trying to up my cardio as well…I let myself slip out of shape over the past few weeks and although I have been in the gym lately, I really need and want to kick it up a notch! What are some of your favorite cardio workouts for the gym? I am usually a treadmill girl but I like the spin bike, too.

5. Kaella says

Okay… apparently you LOVE Dynamite as much as my niece and I :)

She actually knows some of the words towards the end…hee hee…I think I play the song a bit too much

ohhhh girl I cannot even DESCRIBE how much a playlist can amp up a workout. It’s a shame to say, but I went four years (yes, YEARS) without downloading any music for my itunes. My mom gave me an itunes giftcard earlier in December for my bday and I went to town on downloading 20+songs that I had always wanted to run to. Her gift came just in time for my half marathon, and I ended up setting a new PR for myself! Thankfully, my boyfriend Ryan gave me another itunes giftcard for Christmas so I have reserves in the bank for any other new songs I want to download. Life is goooood!

New running playlists are the best. I just wish there was some way I could shuffle it so I don’t always know the next song that’s coming (there probably is but I’m not very technologically savvy with my iPod haha). I tend to listen to playlists over and over and over again.

Dinner looks delish. Have you ever tried the Thai Chicken Pizza at CPK? TDF!

8. Katelin says

I just dusted off an old NOW 7 CD…I forgot how much I love: Janet Jackson “all for you”, Nelly “Ride wit me”, City High “what would you do”, & Destiny’s Child “Survivor”!

Another Shai lover here too! My hubs and I love the old school stuff, that’s when music was AWESOME. And CPK does make amazing pizzas, I love the Amy’s brand too :)

Haha, my boyfriend and I spent the evening watching Bad Boys as well. So cheesey, I love it!

I hear ya on needing to step up the workouts. I ran a 5k on new year’s day and felt like death. It’s crazy how fast our bodies can get out of running shape, I ran a freakin’ marathon 3 weeks ago and 3 miles almost did me in, haha.

Oh well, now that the holidays are over, I feel like I have a life again, more time to workout and run!

11. Claire says

Love, love, LOVE that you have Mumford and Sons on your running playlist. Such a great pump up song. One of my resolutions is to start commenting on the blogs that inspire me so much… and yours sure does!

12. Kaycee says

I <3 CPK! And the BBQ chicken pizza is the best! I always listen to some old school Green Day when I run- it's a good mix of calming and pump-up music :) I also find that its so hard for me to get started running, but when I actual get going, I feel like I could go on forever!

Thanks so much for sharing your playlist. I needed a new one and this one was FABULOUS!! (if you dont mind, i’d love it if you shared your playlists more…if/when you have them..)

14. Charlene says

Love, love, love this playlist. I teach fitness classes and I am stealing tons of these jams for my morning spinning class! Thank you! xoxoxo