Blogger Boot Camp

The day finally arrived!

I’ve been anxiously awaiting this morning’s blogger boot camp class since the idea first popped in my mind a month or so ago.

A little before 9 a.m. a small group of Orlando bloggers (me, Katy, Meghann and Carolina) and PBF readers (Erica, Melissa, Amanda, Ashley and Merri) gathered at my friend Ben’s brand new fitness facility, Saperia Fitness.

blogger bootcamp 021We arrived ready to dive head first into a circuit-style boot camp workout that Ben created by putting us through 11 different stations three times.

blogger bootcamp 022

We began with a 10 minute warm up with Dave, a trainer who trains clients at Ben’s gym.

The warm up had us alternating from “hopscotch” style exercises to biking to jumping though a ladder on the floor for 45 seconds, with a rest in between each for some stretching.

blogger bootcamp 006

blogger bootcamp 003

blogger bootcamp 008

After a quick demonstration of the circuit from Ben and Dave, it was time to start sweatin’!

blogger bootcamp 013

The techno music started blasting and we got to work!

One of the stations had us running on a self-propelled treadmill for a minute. That thing was so cool!

blogger bootcamp 016

It took me a while to get the hang of it and feel secure because I’m so used to the typical treadmills found in gyms where you plug in the speed. This treadmill still told you how fast you were running, but you were the power and you propelled it. Meghann also seemed to enjoy it, which says a lot since she’s a running superstar! Open-mouthed smile

After three times through the 11-station circuit, we completed a bit of stretching before the boot camp officially concluded.

I just want to say a BIG thank you to all of the bloggers and readers who came out to participate in the blogger boot camp this morning. I had such a great time and loved meeting new friends and getting all gross and sweaty with you guys!

In case you live in the Central Florida area and are interested in participating in another blogger boot camp class, Ben and I are talking about organizing another one in a month or so. Be on the look out!

Post Workout Reese’s

Ryan came along to this morning’s boot camp class to get in a quick workout while our group completed our circuits. He was also our official photographer and my official treat-buyer.

We stopped by 7-Eleven after the boot camp class because Ryan wanted to pick up a snack before we ran some errands. He came out of the store with a little treat for me!

blogger bootcamp 024

A Reese’s egg!!! He knows me so well. Open-mouthed smile

Reese’s eggs are the best because they have a lot more peanut butter filling that typical Reese’s cups. More peanut butter = a very good thing!

The candy fueled me through a quick shopping trip at our local outlet mall…

More on that in a bit! Now I’m hungry for lunch!

Comments

1. Holley says

Looks like you guys got a good workout! I’d love to tag along on the next one – I’m a fellow orlando blogger 🙂 I want to try out that self propelled treadmill!

That treadmill thing looks awesome. I’m so sick of treadmill training because I know I run so much slower outside when I have to push myself! Wish my gym had one of those.

I love that the eggs are out already. Spring is just around the corner!

Too cool! Looks like you had a great time and got in a good workout!

Totally agree that Reese eggs/trees/ pumpkins/hearts/ etc are the best! What a good post-workout treat. 🙂

Aw! It looked like so much fun! Wish that I could have been there! And I heart Reese’s so much. I bought heart ones for my husband for Valentine’s Day and already at them. Guess that I’ll need to buy him some more. Oops!

I love the Reese’s eggs. They really are the best of all the “holiday” Reese’s. Not sure why they’d be better than the Christmas trees or anything like that, but for whatever reason they are.

I love bootcamp classes! Time goes by SO fast and you feel so good for accomplishing a really great workout when your’re done. Looks like a lot of fun was had for sure.

7. Carly L. says

Hi Julie! I am with my friends and we were curious if you eat anything before you workout because it seems like you always wait so long to eat breakfast afterwards!

8. Michelle says

That looks so fun! it looks almost like a jungle gym sorta thing lol.
    where do you get those loose fitting tank tops that you wear when you work out? i can’t find ones that fit like yours anywhere 🙁

How fun! And the self-propelled treadmill must have been more like actualy running. I always wondered why treadmill running was so much easier than outdoor one..but it’s because the ground’s already moving under you when on a treadmill, but you actually have to propell yourself when on stable ground. I wish our gym had those self-propelled ones!

Ohhhhhhhh those PB eggs are my favorite! I just finished up my PB Christmas trees from the holidays too. The peanut butter is the best in the center of those and they are usually thicker than Reese’s cups.

You gals look like youhad a great time this morning, wished I was closer instead of in all this ice and snow this morning up north!

11. Stephanie says

Looks like the bootcamp was a blast! I need to watch your blog like a hawk so I dont miss out next time around. (pleaseeee let there be another one!)

12. Heather H. says

Those Reece’s eggs are the best! I bought little Reece’s hearts the other day and the were horrible!! They were so small that you couldn’t even taste the peanut butter – and thats the best part!

We’re going on a vacation to Orlando in June – I hope you do a blogger boot camp then!!

13. Elizabeth says

also- i’m recently engaged! do you work out with your ring on?? i think i see it. i loved following your wedding plans- i hope it is just as fun to plan mine!

• says

i do keep it on for cardio workouts, but i typically take it off for weight training b/c i don’t want it to get scratched. i think it’s a personal preference thing b/c i see women leave them on when they’re strenght training too!

the bootcamp looked like SO MUCH FUN! way more exciting then doing all of it by yourself like i usually have to!
    I would love to run on a self propelled treadmill it sounds really awesome! Hopefully i can find one to try out!

I’m in the Orlando area and that looked like a lot of fun, especially in that neat gym! I am little gym-phobic though a.k.a. seriously not coordinated! and afraid of embarrassing myself in front of the masses of people at the UCF gym.So I’m not sure if I’m tough enough to boot-camp it with you girls=)