Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Good news! I am feeling quite a bit better this morning. My tummy ache is gone for the most part and my achy body just feels tired.

After spending the evening eating Jimmy John’s subs and watching Babe on the couch with Ryan, I slept for nearly 10 hours.

This morning, I woke up and knew the gym wasn’t a good idea. (Just in case you’re interested, I previously wrote a blog post about whether or not you should work out when you’re sick.) Since the the simple thought of a workout exhausted me, I knew the gym was a no-go.

Instead, Ryan and I opted to take Sadie on a 20-minute walk right after we awoke.

When we got home, Ryan headed to the gym while I got a jump start on packing for our weekend in Ft. Myers.

About halfway through packing, I figured I should eat something even though my appetite wasn’t raging (clearly I’m still not 100 percent, because that is very unlike me).

A smoothie sounded like a nice and easy breakfast, so I busted out the blender and added the following:

• 7 frozen strawberries
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 1 1/2 c. almond milk
  • 1 scoop All the Whey strawberry protein powder
  • 2 pinches xanthan gum (for thickening)

After whirring it all up, I poured it into a bowl and ate it with a spoon to try and fulfill my craving for frozen yogurt from last night.

It was cold and creamy and delicious.

Now I gotta finish packing… and you know how I feel about that. Shifty

I’m ready to hit the road!

Comments

I’m so glad you’re feeling better Julie! It looks like you guys have got plenty of sunshiney weather… I can’t wait till it’s like that here – I woke up to -19C this morning and tons of ice and snow. Can’t wait to bust out the flip flops when it all goes away! I hope you have a great day and good luck with the packing!

2. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

So happy you are feeling a little better! That smoothie looks delicious and could totally pass for frozen yogurt in a pinch 🙂

3. Sara says

So glad you’re feeling better. I hate having stomach problems. Hope you’re back to enjoying lots of peanut butter fingers soon!

Glad you’re feeling better. Nothing soothes more than Babe and Sadie…oh, Ryan too 😉

THat smoothie sounds deeelish! No salmon today…I hope!

Enjoy your day!
    Meg

5. Tara @ The Game of Life says

Glad you are feeling better!! Your smoothie looks great, I used to make one every day. Except I only have a magic bullet, not a nice one like you!!!

how do you look gorgeous when you’re 1) sick 2) its like 7 in the morning?? 🙂 have fun at the wedding im jealous I cant wait for spring and wedding season to get started!

7. Annie says

Glad to see you are feeling a little better…good call on not working out when you’re not feeling 100%, it would only do you worse!

That smoothie looks amazingggg. Have a wonderful weekend! Take lots of pictures 🙂 Weddings are so much fun!

You and Ryan are so cute. I think it’s great that you enjoy walks and workouts together.

Your smoothie looks delish! I think eating smoothies with a spoon makes it last longer. I find I savor it more that way.

Glad you’re feeling better! Happy packing!

9. Shannon@ Hungry Gazelle says

I’m so jealous that you have a Jimmy John’s by you, I’m obsessed with their sandwiches! Have a great trip and hope you are feeling 100% soon 🙂

10. Kristen says

I agree with not trying to work out when you’re sick, it could just make matters worse–earlier on in my 1/2 marathon training I came home from work one day with a fever, so I took it easy for a couple days but then resumed training & ran 9 miles 3 days after having a fever…long story short: I got another fever which entailed Strep, a sinus infection, and double pink-eye…no fun!!

11. Brittany says

Hope you are feeling all better soon so you can enjoy your weekend!

I love Sadie, always, but especially in your photos today! Of course she has to be up holding hands with her mom and dad! She is one hilarious puppers. 🙂