Cashew Crusted Salmon

Guess what tonight is?

bulls fans 010

Game night!

The Chicago Bulls are playing the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals and Ryan, his cousin Daniel and Sadie are suited up to cheer on the Bulls.

When Ryan and I first started dating in college, he was living with Daniel and I quickly learned that these two were big Bulls fans. As a former Chicago girl myself, I fit right into the mix and followed the games with Ryan and Daniel when the team was terrible. And when I say I “followed” the games, I mean that they had two side-by-side televisions in their apartment and would put The Real World on one for me to watch while they watched the games on the other one. That counts, right?

Well, now the Bulls are killin’ it and Ryan and Daniel are ecstatic. Cross your fingers for a win tonight!

Dinner

Before the big game tonight, we enjoyed an easy dinner of cashew-crusted salmon with corn on the cob.

bulls fans 002

I couldn’t stop eating the package of raw cashews we had in our apartment, so I knew I had to use them up before I devoured all of them in one day. I remember once loving a cashew-crusted mahi mahi dish and figured I could revamp the idea a bit and apply it to salmon.

bulls fans 006

Cashew Crusted Salmon (Serves 2)

Ingredients

• 3/4 lb. salmon filet
  • 1/3 c. raw cashews
  • 1/3 c. parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 3/4 tbsp. olive oil

Directions

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Combine cashews, parmesan cheese, basil and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until mixture is fine.
  • Top a cookie sheet with foil and place salmon on top of the foil.
  • Top salmon with cashew crumbs and place another sheet of foil over the salmon, sealing the fish within the foil.
  • Bake for 12 minutes before removing foil and baking for another 3 – 5 minutes, until topping is slightly brown and fish is fully cooked.

bulls fans 008

This salmon was awesome! To quote Ryan, “This is right up there with the jelly salmon!”

Gotta go watch the game! Every time the two boys yell and cheer aloud it sends Sadie into a tailspin of excitement and I want in.

Enjoy your night!

Comments

OMG i am laughing so hard about sadie’s face since i saw your post on facebook…i thought it was so funny that i didn’t even realize she was wearing a jersey too LOL

I’m a HUGE bulls fan and I’m watching right now! Love D Rose. And thats how i “follow” football.. flip the channel and just occasionally check the score. haha

My husband is a huge Bulls fan too. I grew up (and played bball) in the Boston area, and so I’ve always been a Celtics fan. It would have been tense in our house if the Bulls were playing the Celtics right now!

GOOOO BULLLLSSS!!!! I’m a native Chicago girl myself and even when the teams couch cubs cough are bad,, I still love em! And the Bulls are KILLIN EM.. but sadly not tonight :(

5. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

Sadie looks hilarious!

Cashew crusted salmon sounds delicious — and if it ranks up there with jelly salmon you know it is good!

6. Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers says

I’m still intimidated by fish. Maybe one day I’ll get the courage to cook it myself.

7. Becca B says

okay, that salmon is definitely on my menu for tonight! also, I am all about the bulls because of D Rose! I am from Memphis, and ALL Memphians love Memphis Tiger Basketball! SO cool to see them succeed after life at Tiger High

I’m not a big salmon fan but I bet the cashew crust would taste amazing on chicken! I will definitely have to try it! :)

Love the jersey on Sadie!

9. Lea says

Since this is the second time I’ve borrowed your cashew salmon recipe, I just had to leave a comment and thank you for this delicious dinner idea!

10. Hannah says

My husband made this recipe for dinner tonight. He works evenings so he made it before he left for work and I heat it up when I get home. I am not a big fish person, I will eat it but not my favorite. I think I found my FAVORITE fish recipe. It was soooo good, I wanted more! He said it only took him about 5 minutes to prepare it. Thank you so much!!

An acupuncturist should warn the patient that this could happen and instruct them
    to breathe deeply into the area for a few minutes until the discomfort dissipates.
    Some suggestions for this during the treatment time include:
    . Christmas stockings make for a fire hazard if they are too close
    to the flames or not secured well enough and they actually fall into the fire.

hello!,I love your writing very so much! percentage we keep in touch more approximately your article on AOL?

I require a specialist on this area to resolve
    my problem. Maybe that is you! Looking forward to look
    you.
    taurina

If you have an idea already of what brand and model to purchase online,
    then checking this product out through reviews is still useful.

Braun series 7 optimizes the foil type shaving system by using the Opti – Foil integration.
    (You any wash your face first with a shaving wash and put pre-shaving
    lotion or cream if you want to.

It is extremely important to choose the right piece of equipment for your business, whatever tool it is you need or whatever the
    customer’s demands are, it’s a choice that needs to be done with care.
    Once you get back on the road, or home again, it would be
    a good idea to have a competent service station take a look at the tire that went flat.
    Another household item that uses a filter is
    the vacuum cleaner.

The company who started this campaign eventually became the world’s largest soap company. Pizza delivery used to be strictly a phone transaction, but now the internet has brought ordering pizza to a new level. Enjoying success with continuous refinement of the business strategy.