Limbo

When Ryan and I arrived at the gym this morning and hopped on side-by-side treadmills, I began my workout with some incline walking while he started with some intervals.

Feeling inspired, I walked it out for five minutes before completing my own interval workout that looked like this:

Minutes Incline Pace
0-5 8.0 4.0
5-16 1.0 Alternate 8.0 for 1 min. then 4.5 for 1 min.
16-30 1.0 Alternate 4.0 for 1 min., then 9.0 for 1 min.
30-35 8.0 4.0

My hair was nice and sweaty by the end of this workout, but I didn’t feel like I was going to die like I did when I completed last Tuesday’s interval workout. Now that one was killer!

I rounded out my workout with 15 minutes on the elliptical while reading an old issue of Health magazine.

The vast amount of peanut butter I ate yesterday clearly did nothing to deter my craving for the nut butter because my breakfast this morning featured it front and center!

I topped a toasted whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, fresh nectarine slices and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.

I ate it sandwich-style alongside a cup of strawberry banana Greek yogurt.

Peanut butter makes any meal just that much better.

And now for some limbo talk!

No More Limbo

As you know, throughout the past couple of months, Ryan and I have had some issues with unwelcome critters in our apartment. Though we’ve been working with our landlord to resolve the problem, it seems to be worse than we initially thought (those little jerks reproduce quickly) and it has taken a pretty serious toll on my morale.

When Ryan and I moved into our apartment, we did so primarily because of its amazing location. The size was right, but the style wasn’t really our style (hello, heinous cabinets) and the windows don’t let in a whole lot of light. Maybe I’m crazy, but having a light and bright home is crucial. Caves are cool and all, but they’re not my ideal dwelling.

Ryan and I are homebodies and love just being at home. Sharing our home with rodents has taken a lot of the enjoyment out of being in our place and I cannot wait to m-o-v-e. Ever since we’ve been on a month-to-month lease, we’ve felt like we’re in limbo. Sometimes limbo is a stinky place to be because you don’t know what your next step will be. It’s the feeling many have right when they graduate from college… What now!? It’s the not knowing part that can drive you mad!

With a lot of different personal factors weighing on our shoulders and many different things to consider, we’ve pushed back our move out date again and again. And all the while the mice were treating the walls of our apartment like a brothel.

Finally, last week, Ryan and I sat down on the couch after work and discussed our feelings. I told him I felt trapped and extremely frustrated with our current situation. When I have an issue in my life, I do everything I can to fix it or improve the situation. With our current living arrangement, I felt like there was nothing I could do since different personal things were keeping us married to our current apartment.

And then Ryan said, “We just need to get out.” Even though this decision may cause some serious headaches for us down the road, I am so thrilled to have a move-out date circled, starred and highlighted on my calendar.

August 1 can’t come soon enough!

Question of the Morning

Have you ever felt like your life was in limbo?

I’ve felt like I was in limbo many times in my life… most recently when I was going back and forth about my decision to leave my job. Knowing in my heart it was the right thing to do, but finding the courage to actually take a leap of faith and do it left me in limbo for several months! I always feel so much better when decisions are made and things are concrete.

Comments

So SO glad you’re getting out of there and leaving those mice behind…yikes! It’s like having a bunch of hooligans running around your house! August 1st will be here before ya know it and ya’ll definitely did the right thing by finally making that set date and “leap of faith” as you said.

Breakfast looks wooonderful! Have you tried Chobani’s mango?! It’s my fave! 😀

Enjoy your day!

I am so glad that you two are able to agree to find a new place I dont blame you for wanting to get out!

I def feel like I’m in limbo bec my husband is interviewing for jobs all over the ountry and is waiting to hear back from them and our lease is up at the end of the month. I know that this is the calm before the storm but there isn’t much we can do about it at this point. Eeek! 😛

I’m in TOTAL limbo right now. I actually had a long rant fest to my dad about it right now. There’s some really stressful stuff going on in my personal life, and then there’s the constant thought that in six months I’ll have nothing. No job, no real roots in New York, no friends left near my parents’ house….it’s so frustrating. I’m not letting myself feel sorry for myself, but I’m a type-A planner and I know I can handle anything as long as I know what the “anything” is!! The unknown can be so scary, overwhelming and frustrating. I’m trying to look at it as an exciting time, but yeah, I’ll be glad when I’m a bit more settled in a year or so!!

We had to move a few times for my hubby’s job early on in the marriage, and the company never gave us much notice. It was horrible! I guess the company didn’t realize how stressful it was for employees/families because they just thought that paying to break your lease was enough. Nope – not enough ~ How about a heads-up next time!

I’m glad you guys have a date set. I’m sure that helps!

Yay for finally having a move-out date! I can definitely relate to the limbo feeling, too. Waiting to hear back from colleges last year was so difficult— I applied to schools all over the country and it was tough not knowing where I was going to be living for the next four years of my life. It seemed like it took forevaaa.

I’m glad you found a move-in date. I saw a spider ONCE in my apt and couldn’t sleep that night. I can’t imagine sharing an apt. with rodents.

I felt like I was in limbo last year when I knew I wanted to change jobs but wasn’t sure if I wanted to stay in NYC. I was interview at jobs in New York and back in Nebraska. It was hard to center myself and make plans because I didn’t know where I’d be in 2 months. Needless to say, I’m so happy I stuck it out in NYC and found a new job that makes me happy :-)

Congrats for having a move-out date!!! :) Yay! Have you decided where you are going to move yet? I felt like I was in limbo last year. My fiance and I hated our apartment. We couldn’t wait to get out. We actually broke our lease early which left us a very short amount of time to find a new place. We like our new place but the rent is very high. We are hoping that in the near future we will be able to buy a house. :)

I used to HATE that feeling, but I’ve learned to seriously trust Jesus with it. Recently, there was a tornado in my town (Tuscaloosa) and it really upended all of my summer plans. Suddenly, I didn’t know if I had a job or if I was going to be able to live in my apartment over the summer. It took a lot of praying, but eventually I just had to let go and be in the moment, and I got so much joy and peace from doing that! And of course, He worked it out better than I could have, anyway!

Girl, I totally know how you feel! I’m in living space limbo right now myself. I moved to Columbus, and in with my fiance about 2 months ago, and we are living in his (very small) condo. I have half of my clothes and all of my other stuff in storage because this living situation was meant to be temporary. Ready to move out and into a place with more space!

Limbo is a rough place to be, Julie…I am glad that you guys are consciously making decisions about what that “next phase” will look like! I am the same when it comes to “limbo” situations in life…I want resolve and QUICK at that.

My biggest limbo situation has been resolved as of one year today! (because I am real and not afraid to tell the blogger world) I was getting out of a relationship that was inevitably failing. We had planned to spend forever together, however, there were many circumstances that were going to not line up with the way in which I wanted to see myself in the future (things that I had no control over). I had to make the decision, as hard as it was to move forward…and couldn’t be happier with the decision I made :-) Sometimes it takes awhile to see that it was for the best, but change is never easy!

Ugh, getting out of a bad apartment can make such a difference in life! We just went through a major transition as well- my husband changed jobs and we moved states and got to leave our old, bad-cabinet apartment behind! Yay for a light at the end of the tunnel :) Even with all the good changes I’m still looking for a job though so I know the bittersweet feelings that limbo can bring. It will be exciting to see where you go from here!

I honestly always felt like limbo until Keith and I bought a house. I had moved almost every year and every place I lived always felt temporary. My parents got divorced when I was in college and they sold my childhood home and so I didn’t feel like I had my own home anymore. When Keith and I bought our house I finally felt like I could put down my own stamp. I could paint, change flooring, cabinets…anything I wanted. No one was going to take away a security deposit if I changed anything. The freedom and the overwhelming sense of belonging was amazing. :)

13. Lauren says

Glad you’re getting away from those mice! I’ve been in limbo for the past month & a half because I’ve been living at home until my lease starts July 1. The most annoying part is driving an hour back and forth because I still work up where my apt is.

14. ana says

I so know how you feel! My boyfriend and I are currently in limbo with our apartment too. Our neighbors play LOUD music all day long and way, way, way past 11 o’clock. Us asking them to stop has done nothing so far. We both go to bed by ten o’clock and I need my goodnight sleep for those 5 am workouts. So, we are seriously considering moving. We are waiting until the end of the month to see if things improve, but we are are in total limbo right now.
    It is a really awful feeling when you can’t relax in your own apartment, so I can totally sympathize. Hope your move goes smoothly!

15. JaNelle says

Limbo can be frustrating. Especially when you want your home to be cozy and a haven, I can only imagine your frustration. I’m glad you have a plan. I’m the same way. I can endure an unpleasant situation if I have a plan to change or improve it. I hope the move goes well and knowing its coming soon helps you to try to find some peace in the meantime!

16. Ashley says

oh julie! so glad you’re getting out and away from those pesky rodents. mice are seriously gross.

feeling in limbo is a terrible way to live. i’m there now too with going back to school or just sticking it out with my job. my boyfriend and i just moved into a place and going back to school would mean a new city, new place to live, finding a new part time job, etc. but i think the pay off of doing what i love might just be worth it!

you have to do what feels right, glad you and ryan agreed to get out of there!

oh, i’m so glad you’re getting away from the mice and you have a set date to do it!!

i’ve felt in limbo about our living situation for a looong time now. fortunately, my new job duties for the coming school year are going to make the decision and acting upon the decision a lot easier.

Mmmn, no such thing as too much peanut butter :)

Glad you boh are taking the steps you need to take to move out! My old apartment had tons of mice, it was so freaky to hear them at night! It’s NYC though, what do ya expect right? Haha.

I currently feel like I’m in limbo. I graduated college a month ago, and I’m still trying to figure out what my next step will be. So many changes, and so many decisions to make! Congrats on the plan to move; I’m sure you’re excited!

Yes my life felt like it was in limbo after I graduated from college and was getting my hours cut at work to part time. I was unsure of what to do or where I wanted to go with the next part of my life. Luckiliy I was able to find an amazing company to work for and have been there for three years.

**Also just found your facebook page and I love it!

I felt like that when I was waiting to hear back from grad schools. I need my master’s degree in order to find any jobs (as a Speech-Language Pathologist), and my whole life was on hold until I finally received acceptance letters. Luckily, everything worked out in the end.

Congrats on your decision to finally move! :)

22. Laura says

Hooray for getting away from the mice! I wouldn’t be able to ever sleep comfortably knowing there were mice running loose.

Being in limbo is awful! I’ve been feeling in limbo with my job for the past several months. It’s just not making me happy, and there’s not much more I can learn and definitely nowhere to move up. I want to move on, but I’m hoping to find another job first. I gave myself a deadline for staying in this job though, so I finally feel like I’m taking steps to resolve this!

Congrats on picking a date to move! I most recently felt in limbo when my fiancé and I were trying to buy our condo. With every step closer to closing, we seemed to take 2 steps back with problems and more paper work. Plus, I was already living in the condo (since I was renting it from the owner) and had no idea where or when I could move if the deal fell through. Especially since we’re about 2 months out from our wedding! Luckily, it all worked out and we closed on the condo 2 weeks ago!

Absolutely. Many times, in fact. But you have the right mindset – you have to change it and take action.
    Before my husband and I recently moved into Philly, I was bored with the suburbs, unmotivated, and hated my hour+ commute everyday. We made the move and now I feel so much happier, more energized, and love my 15 min bike to work!
    You’ll get there, girl – stay positive! :)

I hear you! I’m in limbo right now. I just recently quit a job because I wasn’t being treated right and I’m now in limbo, trying to find a new job. Limbo sucks and it is hard to make any plans when you don’t know what you will be doing for the next few months.

Have totally been there re: the mice. I was horrified at first, but I did become pretty adept at killing them. I was the Tony Soprano of the mouse world. But they are hard to get rid of entirely, so my solution was also to move. Currently in a wonderfully pest-free apartment!

And yes, have dealt with feelings of limbo…right now, actually. I am looking to make a big life change, and it requires the coordination of people at work, at home, and with friends and family. There are a lot of “ifs”, and it will only work if I can get all of the planets to align just right. But this is my dream, and I feel like if I can make this happen I’ll be setting myself up for good things down the road. After more than a year of plotting, I realized yesterday that I should know whether things are a go by the end of the month — scary and exciting!

I feel your pain, mice are the worst! I definitely know what you mean about feeling like you’re in limbo right now. I’m at a point in my life where I could make a really big decision that could affect my future significantly, but it’s scary making the ultimate decision! But who knows, if you never try to fix a problem, you won’t know if you could better your life or not.

So sorry to hear about the rodent problem, they are so much more trouble (and let’s be honest, scary) than they should be!

I have definitely felt like my life is limbo, in fact that’s how I feel right now! I’m moving out of my university accommodation, into a new house and going home all at the same time…it completely sucks. But such feelings are only temporary, remember, they have to end!

I totally agree that my house should be bright and welcoming and home-y. It would not work if I was scared to be in my own house!

I hope that you can move soon and that this is all resolved without too many problems :)

I’m pretty much in the limbo of college and post-college right now. I know what I want to do with my life, but I have no idea how to get there! Very frustrating…

So exciting! And I love the “sit-down” with Ryan you shared. Team talks are my favorite. I *hate* that limbo feeling. I’m such a planner, I think I like planning more than doing, actually, lol. Once you have a plan, sitting and waiting for what life will do to your plan and weighing all the “ifs” can be quite stressful. But most often it’s a great ending! Aug. 1 is also circled on my calendar–it’s my wedding anniversary! We’ll champagne toast for your mice-free move from Jacksonville :)

PB makes everything better, for sure!!!! 😀
    Hope everything goes well with your move!!! Before moving to Brazil, we lived in several different places due to some visa issues…….so I know what its like to mot be completey happy with where you’re living!

32. Jillian says

Yay for your new apartment! Congratulations – it may be a hassle to move but I’m sure you’ll be much happier in the end :)

For the past few years of my life, I’ve been in limbo. From graduating college, working/training 6 months in Massachusetts and then finally being moved to a regional office in Atlanta (my first BIG move away from my hometown and family). Don’t know where I’m going next – exciting and anxiety-inducing all at the same time!

Limbo is seriously the worst feeling ever. One of the personality factors on the Myers-Briggs is whether you like to have lots and lots of options or whether you just like to make a decision. I definitely feel much better making a decision, although my hubs is an options guy 100%. I still like him, though :) So happy for you that you’ve finally picked a date to move on!

34. ellalinea says

So good you guys made that decision! I hope you find a really nice place soon!

I had the same situation about a year back.. my model agency kept pushing me to lose weight for me to go to Paris and Milan.. I eventually became very depressed about this because I’m just very athlethic and not typically have 34 inch hips.. So I made the decision to quit and do it freelance.. Clients now book me because they like the ‘healthy’ look and not the itsby bitsy skinny look..

Best decision ever!!

35. jessica corbin says

Congrats to you! I understand what you mean by in limbo! My boyfriend and I are month-to-month right now and not sure what our plan is until July gets here so we are nervous. More me of course because I like to plan ahead and we got nothing. Seriously enough to drive a woman mad!

Good luck to you guys, moving bites, but you will both be better off!

I feel like I have been in limbo for the past three years. Three years ago I graduated from college with my masters degree and decided to move home to save money for a house. My boyfriend did the same. Three years later, after the job marked crashed, we are both still living at home, 2 hours apart. I am trying to muster the courage to look for jobs where he lives to we can finally buy a house and be together. I have a good job where I live and he has two decent jobs there. With the economy the way it is, I am afraid to just pick up and go. It’s not only frustrating, but absolutely terrifying at the same time. Maybe someday…

Oh my gosh- YES! I almost feel like I’m in limbo everyday. I used to be a full-time PE teacher and fitness instructor and now I’m a mom of 1 1/2 year old twins and running my own business (and now starting this whole blogging thing). It’s such a weird feeling being in limbo isn’t it? But…. yes, I think taking risks is what life is all about. You’d never know if you didn’t try.
    Oh and nectarine with peanut butter????? Is that really good????? I would’ve never thought of that. I may have to try!

38. Michelle @ Lifewithacrazypup says

Congrats on finally making a set decision! I’m sure you feel a heck of a lot better now! Do you know where you two will be going? I know you’ve been dreaming of NC. Any plans to move away or just staying close by?

39. Shady says

I describe the current state of my life as being on the longest layover ever. I guess that’s like living in limbo. It sucks and I’m looking forward to being able to live again instead of waiting to live.

40. Chelsea Cooley says

I am one of those college students feeling limbo! It is a tough feeling and that uncertainty is so unsettling, but there is a greater plan for all of us and everything is going to work out! Keep your heads up and keep lots of things around to stand on for when those critters appear ;-P

I’m a college student feeling the whole limbo ordeal as well- I’m graduating in December with current plans to go BACK to school for nursing because my original plan of being an archaeologist doesn’t seem to be what I want anymore. I think everything finds a way of working itself out though, it’s just that during the time of limbo you feel like it won’t, but it always does.

I totally feel in limbo right now…or maybe more like I’m in space where I just float around with nowhere to go lol. I’ve been a little ‘life’ frustrated lately, with deciding to go back to school, finding a career and my husband and I figuring out where we’re going to live and what to do about housing.

A lot of life battles right now, but when you’re with the right person it definitely makes it easier! I hope your limbo ends soon 😀

43. Katie says

My boyfriend and I are in limbo moving out of our condo. We didn’t have mice (and I’m fearful we might in our new place), but the owner is selling and we pretty much are tired of showings, open houses, and constantly keeping the condo clean and model-show ready. We like it clean, but model-ready is over the top. July 9th couldn’t come sooner for us! I hope your move goes smoothly and you have NO unwelcomed guests in your new place. :)

First off, I loved clicking the comment button with no lag! The new host decision was a great move!

I totally understand how you feel about your living situation. I have lived in about 4 different places since I moved from my hometown to NYC and metro area and I have never felt “home” until now. There was always an issue and when you are not comfortable in your living situation, it is so annoying!

Right now, I feel like I am in limbo about my job! :( I am super stressed and not sure that it’s what I want to do. I know I have an interest in health, fitness, food, etc, but I barely have time to research other options because of the hours my current job consumes, so it’s like a vicious cycle. Hopefully things will work out for me soon like they did for you!! :)

I feel the same way you do, “When I have an issue in my life, I do everything I can to fix it or improve the situation.” I think as women, it is in our nature to be problem solvers and to work to “fix things”. I’m somewhat stereotyping but I see this characteristic in a lot of women.

In my opinion it boils down to trusting that it will work out the way it is suppose to. Living with critters is not fun at all and I’m so glad to hear that you have a move out date. It will totally work out the way it is suppose to.

I’m so glad y’all made the decision to go ahead and move! You’re right- limbo does stink… I always feel much better when I have a plan in place! Good luck with it!

47. Mel (Mmm Stories) says

Congrats on having a move-out date! I hope you guys find a nice place!

I’ve been in a sort of limbo for the past year with working this job that is FT hours but not FT benefits (hello living at home!). I knooww I need to just find a new job so I can start to get my life straightened out, but something always seems to come up that keeps me in place.

48. Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza says

ugh, being in a state of limbo is frustrating. I was there a year ago when I lived in Georgia and desperately wanted to move back to Ohio to be with my family and boyfriend, Andy.

When I finally had a plan, things got much better. And once I started taking steps towards my new goal, l got out of that limbo stage!

Good luck! It seems you have a plan now though, so that’s the first step! :)

Julie – so glad you aren’t in limbo anymore.

Being in a crappy living situation is never good. You are so right about feeling “trapped” since there really isn’t much you can do!

I am excited to follow you through yourmove :)

Congrats on you and Ryan’s big decision, that’s so exciting!!! I definitely know the feeling of limbo because I’m stuck in it for another year living at home while I finish grad school; I know it’s not forever but it feels like a long time some days! Can’t wait to hear more about your moving plans :)

Ah, I totally know what you mean with the being in limbo business. I HATE that feeling. I just want things to be settled. I myself am moving (albeit, just to round out my last 8 weeks living in London) on Friday and I’m dreading it. I feel comfortable here and I hate the thought of having to acclimate to living somewhere else.

Good luck with it all though — I agree with Lindsey, it’s so much easier when you have a plan, which you do. So I’m sure it will all work itself out soon. :)

Glad you are getting out of there! I was in housing limbo last summer when I moved back home for a month before starting graduate school. I didn’t have my bed at home anymore, so I slept on an aerobed or the couch for the month. It was rough!

I lost my job last June and thought the world was ending…I was living in a city that I had grown out of, but stayed because of my (former) well-paying job. After that ended, I felt totally lost. I decided to take a leap of faith and move to Chicago without a job or plan, and — even though there were a LOT of bumps in the road — I couldn’t be happier now! So glad you made your leap of faith too!

I hate being in limbo. I’m actually in sort of a limbo right now. I’m not sure what my next step should be and I feel like I’m being pulled in multiple directions. It’s quite frustrating and I just need a bit more reflection time to figure out what I should be doing with my life!

I am in limbo right now with so many things in my life! My fiance and I are moving soon, too, but we don’t know when and we haven’t found the right apartment for us yet. We are also in limbo about where we will have our wedding, and we are trying not to hurt anyone’s feelings (very challenging!). I’m like you–I like to find a solution to any challenge, and it can be really difficult to feel like that isn’t possible. I’m so glad you’re able to find a way out of your stressful living situation.

Congrats on your decision! I was in a limbo when deciding to leaving my current job for another job! After lots of going back & forth, I accepted the new job and am now super excited to start in august!

Ugh, I ate so much peanut butter yesterday that I actually made myself sick of it! I had oatmeal this morning for the first time without any, because I just couldn’t stomach it, haha. Good luck on moving; limbo is a tough place to be. I feel like I’ve been there for years now, ever since a bad riding accident made me retire from horses and gymnastics. I still haven’t found a new way to “define” myself! Instead I developed an ED… lovely…

I think you two are making the right choice! I had mice at my last place and it creeped me out. EWW! I could not handle it.
    I have been in limbo for the last few months about my job too! Its funny because when you announced you were leaving your job I was in the middle of accepting a new job and getting out of an unhappy situation. Woo hoo for starting new chapters in our lives!

59. Niki (Life's a Payne) says

I feel that way NOW! Good for you for making a decision! I will TRY to follow your lead and make a decision on where I will move to THIS WEEK!…well maybe next week after exams are done 😉 !

60. Mellissa says

I 100% understand limbo. I felt like that for 6+ months after a breakup and a quick move. For the first time since November I am feeling a little more normal and like I have good things planned.

61. Miranda says

OMG, I had RATS in my last apartment before I bought my house. It was the scariest thing EVER.

I know how you feel and I’m glad you’re moving out. Blech.

62. Danielle Spellman(Squirrel Snackin') says

My life feels like it’s been in limbo for the past 3 months. I just graduated and I’m trying to move across the country to Florida. It’s hard for family to accept it, but I need to do what I need to do. Thanks for this post..makes me feel a little better! :)

Hey Julie. My name is Jill. I’m new to this whole blogging community and just wanted to “virtually introduce myself.” I have been reading your blog for quite some time but just got up the nerve to actually put myself out there. :) I admire your ability to balance it all and as a young gun just trying to figure it all out after graduation this “limbo” post really hit me. I’ll be stopping by continuously from now on!!

64. melissa says

Hi Julie! I’m a long time reader and first time commenter here :)
    I adapted your idea of reading a magazine for the second part of my workout – it feels like such a treat after pushing yourself for half an hour or so, but you still are getting some exercise in. Smart!

65. Amanda P says

I def related to this. When I graduated college in May 2010 I had no idea what to do next. No jobs were found and everyone seemed to be moving on except me. I eventually had to move 800 miles to land a great job but leaving my friends and family behind was hard. It was hardest but best decision I ever made. My favorite saying is “Leap and the net will appear” and it always does! Good luck with everything, I know it will work out.

66. DefineDiana says

Sometimes I feel like my life is in a constant state of limbo…haha.

The past few years definitely felt that way. I wasn’t working full-time, trying to find some type of job, needing to pay off some debt, and wanting to get married to my wonderful boyfriend. All of those things have fallen into place with in the last 8 months, and I can’t be more happy about feeling a little bit more settled for once.

I sometimes feel like I’ve lived my entire 20’s in limbo! From being engaged and “waiting” to start our life together from 22-24 (2000 miles apart nonetheless), to “waiting” to move, to living in my in-laws “temporarily” for a year, to now waiting to move again! I have a feeling I wil never quite escape that limbo feeling, it’s just my nature. Gotta learn to embrace the present!

I’m definitely in limbo right now. I have a job that I like, but I enjoy the environment more than the actual job because I don’t really enjoy what I do every day. I’m stuck because I don’t know if I should start looking for a job or stick it out and head to grad school for something. Limbo is a tough spot…glad you’re getting out of the mice cave!

69. Kristine says

Congrats on setting a move-OUT date! :) I was in a huge state of limbo pre-move in with the boyfriend. I had an apartment I loved but it never truly felt like home and I never really connected with it with all of the shuffling back and forth between our places. Thankfully that didn’t last long and the cohabitation began! But I definitely know the feeling.

PS- Have you worn your LuLu clothes to workout yet? Are you converted? :) Shopping tip – each store puts different items on sale depending on their individual inventory – I once stumbled upon an entire sale rack priced at $29/piece – it was like Christmas morning!

first of CONGRATS on getting the heck out of the stinky infested place! you put it perfectly, you’ve been stuck and unhappy for too long and staying there isn’t worth it. yea, there might be some difficulties later on, but it’s not worth staying where you’re so unhappy.

that said, this post really hits close to home because i feel like i’m stuck in limbo myself. i don’t need to dump all the gory details out, but this post is refreshing and came at a great time. logistics are tough sometimes but i love how ryan summed it up: “we just need to get out.” i just need to get unstuck and out of my own limbo.

so happy for you guys! :)

First off just want to say I love your blog! I read it on a daily basis! I think it is great that you guys have a set date when you are going to move out. My roommates and I experienced mice in our apartment, it was a horrible experience!

I feel like I am in Limbo right now! I recently resigned from my job and am now moving back to my home state. I have no plan and it is a bit stressful!

Congrats on deciding to move!

I am currently in limbo as I just graduated and am applying and interviewing for a fall teaching position. There is one school that I interviewed at several weeks ago and would love to work at but I haven’t heard back from them yet. It is frustrating to still take time to apply and interview when I am waiting to hear from one school. Hopefully I will begin my teaching adventure and leave my job searching adventure behind me soon!

One of my English professors always called the limbo stage “liminality” and my roommate and I definitely wore the term out when we were job hunting prior to graduation. I’m living in Phoenix now, and trying to get the job experience to move back home, so I guess I’m there again! Glad you have a set move date…I can’t imagine living with mice. Yuck!

74. Erin @ Naturally Addicted says

YUM, peanut butter makes everything better!!

I hate that “limbo” feeling, but I know it’s only a natural part of life and everyone gets in that place at one point or another. I just moved to another city and I’m looking for a new job, while my boyfriend is trying to move here! Fingers crossed it’ll all work out, but right now it’s just a pain!
    Congrats on the move! You’ll be mice-free soon enough

75. Lisa says

I’m a type-A planner. Glad to hear you guys have a move-out date set. Do you think you’ll be renting again or purchasing. I’m involved in real estate so I know how stressful it can be. Hope your next place has better cabinets.

76. Danielle says

When I was going through the process of applying for a promotion at work, which required a change of location, I was definitely in limbo. New office, new people, etc. I felt bad for those I was leaving behind yet I knew I had to get out of there. It was around the time Kelly Clarkson came out with that song Breakaway. It was perfect for my situation and how I felt. Every time I started to have doubts I would play that song at top volume so I all I could do was sing along and not let my mind wander down the road of doubt. It’s my go to song when I feel like life is in limbo.

Oh Julie I am so happy for you both, you must feel like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders.
    I moved to Ottawa right out of highschool; I was not only starting University but moving away from my home at the same time. After a semester something didn’t feel right.. making the decision to come home and go to a closer Univerisity was a tough one and “limbo” would be the perfect way to describe how I felt!

I’m glad you are getting out! Those mice are GROSS.

I really think that being in your 20s is all about being in limbo. I got married when I was 24 and while I settled and very happy with that part of my life it was a lot of “what next?” I was still trying to figure out the career (still working on that – but making a lot of progress), I wasn’t ready for kids (we waited almost 4 years, it was a good decision), and just wanted to enjoy our youth but be domesticated at the same time. The turning point for us was when we moved back to Orlando (from Tallahassee — where we were for 8 years). I finally felt like that it where I was supposed to be. I did enjoy getting there though – it’s truly about the journey!

79. Lindsay says

I just tried to make this. I am SO dumb. I set it for 425 not 325. DUMB! Burnt! And I’m out of honey now. Oy yoy yoy.

I’ve been in limbo MANY times in the last few years, and that feeling is the worst, especially for a control freak like me. Good for you guys for doing what’s right for YOU. You’ll feel so much better when you’re out of there!

81. Sammi says

You are brave.. I don’t know what I would do if there were rats/mice in my apartment..I wouldn’t have the heart to kill them but I think I would sleep with one eye open..they freak me out!

It’s funny you mention limbo because I am currently hanging in limbo and it is miserable. I left everything in November to come to NY for an internship and ever since then I’ve been hanging up here.. waiting for a job opportunity.. working free internships. It’s really hard because my boyfriend and family are down in FL.. I am home sick and frustrated :( Hopefully things will work out soon….

Congrats on the moving date!

Glad ya’ll are moving out! no thank you mice! I’m defnitely in Limbo! I’ve been nursing job hunting for months, waiting for a job, so i can finally move to Austin! I recently decided that i just need to pack up and move already, it would probably be much better and easier to find a job living in Austin!

I’m probably going to be finally moving out of my crappy apartment on August 1st as well!! We’ve had problems with really super thin walls and with just about everything breaking. Congrats on your exciting decision!!!

Limbo= my life at present and for the past year!

I have renewed my “baby nurse” contract 3x now, with the next potentially ending September 30th. As each contract nears its end, I start freaking and it’s all I can think about. But it always seems to work out in the end! So, with 3months to spare, I’m trying to keep that mindset to get me through…’it will work out exactly how it’s suppose to.’

In the meantime, I will set up backup plan A, B and C, and just HOPE I renew the contract again come September, but for a PERMANENT position!!

85. Laura says

Well, I know I’m a little late commenting on this post, but I felt like it was necessary! My life is completely in limbo and I’m not too sure what to do. I know exactly how you feel about your apartment and other limbo times in your life! I moved to Hawaii about a year and a half ago to teach and after a year and a half of living here, I’m not really sure what to do next. Should I stay in Hawaii longer, move back to NY, go teach somewhere else, or go back to school. Oh, the decisions! My life really is in Limbo at the moment!

However, I’m glad you are moving out of your apartment and away from those little pests!!! And I definitely don’t think I’d be peanut buttered out..it’s just WAY too good to stay away from!!! :o)