Morning Workout with Michael

Wanna know what takes an interval workout to the next level?

A little bit of Michael.

michael jackso

About 10 minutes into my treadmill workout, “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)” came on my iPod and I found myself flyin’!

My mind instantly thought of all the fun we had dancing to Michael Jackson at my friend Leah’s wedding last weekend.

264381_10150271472294758_620249757_7282418_7058362_n

265074_10150271472104758_620249757_7282414_8200289_n

Pretty sure there’s nothing more fun than belting out every word to a song as loud as you can and cheesily dancing with your girlfriends. Our moves are seriously intense.

Since my mind was thinking about last weekend, dancing and other memories I have associated with Michael Jackson’s music, my 50-minute treadmill workout was over before I knew it.

Minutes Incline Speed
0-5 8.0 4.0
5 – 15 1.0 6.5
15-20 8.0 4.0
20-25 1.0 6.5
25-45 1.0 Alternate 4.5 for one minute with 8.0 for one minute
45-49 8.0 4.0
49-50 5.0 4.0

I cooled down to a little more Michael. That song from the Free Willy soundtrack is the JAM.

Walk + Breakfast

Another work out done. Another walk around the lake with the dog. Another beautiful morning in Orlando.

2011-07-14_06-58-54_404

Once our 40-minute walk was over, it was breakfast time.

It’s been more than a week since I’ve made a smoothie. What is wrong with me!?

Naturally I had to fix that immediately and made myself a chocolate protein smoothie right as I walked in the door.

chocolate protein smoothie 001

That’s more like it.

chocolate protein smoothie 002

And now I’m freezing. Smoothies always make me so cold. I guess that means it’s coffee time!

Comments

PYT and The Way You Make Me Feel will forever be my favorite songs to run to. Do you remember the movie Center Stage? The Way You Make Me Feel was the finale song, and to this day, I nearly start dancing (as I’m running) whenever it comes on my iPod!

Michael has the best workout songs! I actually just finished a smoothie & I had to get back in bed & put a sweatshirt on. Maybe I should have drank the coffee after the smoothie instead of before. Now I can’t get out of bed!

3. Allison says

Ok I’ve been reading your blog forever and finally decided I needed to start commenting! Love all your posts and thought you should know that “the jam” has been incorporated into my daily vocab! Haha my friends are also using it too… You’ve started a trend! Good choice on MJ- I think “Man in the Mirror” is my fave!

I love PYT… and everything MJ. When Shawn Johnson danced to it on DWTS, I fell in love and it has been my ring tone ever since. I wish it was on the MJ dance game for Wii!

Speaking of PYT, it was playing last night when we were out for dinner… the entire time the song was on I kept searching in my purse for my phone as i was convinced it was someone calling me. Slightly embarrassing when it happened for the third time during the same song.

I love how everyone I know only knows the song as “that one from Free Willy.” I still don’t know the actual title, because the second I see it or hear it I forget it again! lol

Haha so glad you went for the smoothie this morning too! I am seriously so obsessed! And I loveeee MJ! I have all sorts of fun memories to his songs too that usually involve me singing loudly or dancing! :) But I should add some to my work out list too!

MJ is the BEST for workouts–and PYT is definitely a fav of mine.

I had a smoothie this morning and felt the same way. Fa-reezing!!! I had to get a blanket while I was eating it. Nuts! :)

So coincidental – last night I went to a spin class and the instructor put on the MJ Free Willy soundtrack song! As soon as it came on she told us all we were going to bike really hard with Willy on our backs so we could free him. Do you know how much resistance you have to put on to make it feel like you’re biking a whale to freedom? A LOT!!! :)

My grandpa was my dentist and he put my braces on. He would adjust them in our living room while I laid on the couch…he could tighten them right there! Right before I was going to get them off a wire fell off on the top teeth so all i had were the brace brackets on my teeth without the wire. It looked so ugly! Luckily he took the braces off soon after that!

10. Yaara says

Hey Julie!
    I came across your blog recently through the fitnesstista. It’s great!! I wanted to ask–do you find it difficult to just “get up and go” to the gym when you first get up in the morning or do you have to have something small before you leave. I know working out first thing on an empty belly is best–but in the morning I”m so hungry.
    What do you do–and I admire your dedication getting up every morning!!
    Yaara
    ps: I live in Chicago!! I remember you said you were from there originally :)